Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This is a fun game. Polar Knight's level was kind of uninspired with the conventional "ice makes moving slightly stupid" gimmick, but they implemented it well. The boss fight was also fun and unique. I'm on the tower level now and it's really fun and also ball-breakingly hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
V. Good game, bought and beat, A+ would shovel again.

Also the air dash is so OP for killing bosses/breaking levels over your back. Game does the Mario thing where obstacles cease to exist above the Y coords of the screen even though you can go beyond the screen, wackiness ensues.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This is a fun game. Polar Knight's level was kind of uninspired with the conventional "ice makes moving slightly stupid" gimmick, but they implemented it well. The boss fight was also fun and unique. I'm on the tower level now and it's really fun and also ball-breakingly hard.

I thought the "snow falling on spikes" was an interesting secondary gimmick

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

mabels big day posted:

I thought the "snow falling on spikes" was an interesting secondary gimmick

Absolutely, and the ice penguin rainbow vomit was also fun. I think the designers also made the ice fresh and relatively fun. And it was neat how they brought it altogether for the boss fight.

It takes like 5 hours to beat, but drat this is still worth $15 to me. This is a really great game.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i bought shovel knight tonight op

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

hubris.height posted:

haha you got trickt by the iz

jk it's a very worthwhile game

surc
Aug 17, 2004

hubris.height posted:

been thinking about doing this, do you feel it was worth the cost now that you have probably beaten it like 3 times (because it is apparently so short)?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

surc posted:

been thinking about doing this, do you feel it was worth the cost now that you have probably beaten it like 3 times (because it is apparently so short)?
I only played it once and still feel like it was worth it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Absolutely, and the ice penguin rainbow vomit was also fun. I think the designers also made the ice fresh and relatively fun. And it was neat how they brought it altogether for the boss fight.
that part was cool but it was still a fuckin' ice level. Just like how treasure knight's was still a fuckin' water level.

Still enjoyed the hell out of the game (and those levels) despite that

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

surc posted:

lol

i had 16 dollars in eshop credit on wii u so i got it for free basically. it was super worth it.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
im instantly disappointed by all platformers that arent la mulana

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

Cool Blue Reason posted:

im instantly disappointed by all platformers that arent la mulana

what's the weather like in backwards universe

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

medibot posted:

what's the weather like in backwards universe

I actually do like/own shovel knight, its no la mulana though lets be serious

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont like platformers really

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

i dont like platformers really

Platformers are the purest form of epic gaming, sir.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

why is this still not out in europe jesus christ

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

Cool Blue Reason posted:

I actually do like/own shovel knight, its no la mulana though lets be serious

i completely agree, it's no la mulana because shovel knight is playable and fun

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

medibot posted:

i completely agree, it's no la mulana because shovel knight is playable and fun

:psyboom:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Dude this game looks hella old maybe they should have kept it on the nintendo??

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This game owns, buy it people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My only for regret so far is that I bought polar knight weapon instead of the propeller knight weapon

• Locked thread