Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Welcome to the Groups of Death. This is a mafialike game for 32 people. The similarities are that you are able to lynch a player card from one of the 32 teams (not a player) each day, and that you have a night phase as well where you are able to attack a player card that somebody else has. The differences are that this is basically a free for all bloodbath that has no mafia or town, just people that may or may not work together to try and get to the end. Trust people at your own risk. This is for 32 players and isn't a huge timesink, so if you're in another game you can still join without it being an issue, as long as you're active.

THE 5 PLAYERS/PLAYER CARDS FOR EACH TEAM ARE LOCATED IN THE GOOGLE DOCUMENTS IN THE POST BELOW THIS.

Rules/The Cards - 2 Hearts
  • Before the game starts, you will private message me your 5 assigned player cards and what powers will go to each one. You MUST keep this private. Every night you will attack one of their 5 cards (example: I will attack Brazil: Pele) for 1 heart. Each card has 2 hearts unless they have a special power (see below).

THE 5 CARDS

1. One player card of your choosing can take 0 damage for one night, after that - it has no powers.
    2. One player card that has no powers.
    3. One player card that will have 3 hearts.
    4. One player card that cannot be lynched for one day, after that - that card is able to be lynched (can be killed at night).
    5. One player card that when it dies, it replenishes the hearts of every other card currently alive if they are missing any.

(Note: If you kill the card that replenishes hearts on the same night another card dies, it will still be replenished no matter if it happened before or after).

• Cards that have died will be posted when the thread is unlocked during the next day.

• You may ally yourself with any other team, however you will not know who attacked you.

• During the day, when you are voting for a card, you can only vote for the teams that are in the GROUP OF DEATH for that day - anybody that is in the GROUP OF DEATH during the day CANNOT be targeted for that night. This is a 1 time thing for all 8 groups.

• The card to get voted out will need half of the votes to get eliminated - so if there is 32 teams, you need 16 votes. If there is 20, you need 10.. etc. If by 24 hours there is no result, it will go by whoever has the most votes.

• Each day will last 24 hours, and when somebody is lynched the thread will be closed, so turbolynching isn't encouraged when you have a while. If I'm not around, you may still talk until I return to close the thread.

• Night will last about 10 hours give or take. It shouldn't take long to send one thing via PM.. which brings me to..

• If you do not have time for this, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP. If you will be active, PLEASE SIGN UP. Replacing people is one of the most unfun things to do. NEWBIES ARE WELCOME.

• You will be informed when your "bulletproof for 1 night" card has been attacked and that the next night you are able to be injured.

• You will not be informed what happens when you attack somebody else.

THE GROUP OF DEATH

In the World Cup, the teams with the toughest opponents are usually called the Group of Death. In this game, the group of death will be randomized and pre-determined at the beginning of each day.

If you are in the group of death, only players from your group can be voted out during the day. So say if you were a group (randomized) of France, England, Ghana and Greece .. only you guys can be voted out during day. Another group of 4 will only be able to be voted out the next day, so on, so forth.

However, it is also a blessing because if you are in the GROUP OF DEATH you will not be able to be targeted that night - so pick your targets carefully. If you target one of the 4 that are unable to be targeted, your attack will not count.

After the 8 groups have gone through their GROUP OF DEATH stages, it will end and EVERYBODY will be able to be voted for.

Players/Groups/Signups:

Group A:

Colombia :
Russia : Bigup DJ
Japan : Opoponax
Argentina :

Group B:

France :
Cote d'Ivoire : JakeP
Cameroon : Asiina
Portugal :

Group C:

South Korea :
Italy : Sandwolf

Croatia :
Nigeria :

Group D:

Belgium :
Spain :
Australia :
Bosnia and Herzegovina :

Group E:

Uruguay :
Brazil : Power of Pecota
Honduras :
Mexico :

Group F:

Greece :
Chile : Juanito
Ecuador :
Costa Rica :

Group G

England :
USA :
Iran :
Netherlands :

Group H

Switzerland :
Germany :
Ghana : Hal Incandenza
Algeria :

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Important Stuff

Here is a link to the google document, which will be very important - this contains all team and player information.

On the document is where you will see the 5 players (it would be too long to put in the thread) selected for each team on the main page, and then I made custom pages for everybody (that I spent entirely too long on).

Team picks are first come first serve. Once you pick your team, send me the 5 powers that you want to assign your 5 players via PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Remember: When you are voting during the day, and attacking during the night, you must state both the team and the one player on that team you are lynching or attacking.

If you have any questions let me know.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 29, 2014

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I haven't read any of this, but I'm down - can I call Italy?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

I haven't read any of this, but I'm down - can I call Italy?

Yes, just make sure you read it before it starts. A lot of :words: but it's probably way simpler than regular mafia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yes, just make sure you read it before it starts. A lot of :words: but it's probably way simpler than regular mafia

Can I also request Gigi Buffon instead of Candreva.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well ok but I'm pretty steamed that there' s no Canada. I guess Japan has the closest flag.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
I call Russia!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Nevermind

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 29, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I want to be Cameroon, they have nice smiles.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I want to be Cameroon, they have nice smiles.

I almost posted as soon as the game went up that I wanted to be Cameroon, but I decided to sleep on it.

Can i be Ghana then?

Asiina we need to be come the New African Union

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I almost posted as soon as the game went up that I wanted to be Cameroon, but I decided to sleep on it.

Can i be Ghana then?

Asiina we need to be come the New African Union

I did the same thing!

Africa 4 Lyfe

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
One of my guys looks like Darnell from My Name is Earl, which is awesome cause I loved that guy.

PS as is obvious I don't know anything about football/soccer.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina posted:

One of my guys looks like Darnell from My Name is Earl, which is awesome cause I loved that guy.

PS as is obvious I don't know anything about football/soccer.

How dare you shittalk Benoit Essou-Ekotto, the footballer who hates football the most.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Opop, just tell your country not to be poo poo at football in 4 years and then when there's another game you can be them!

Also anybody hesitant about signing up / not knowing poo poo about it don't worry it's just the theme of the game, requires no knowledge

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I wanna be Ivory Coast

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

I wanna be Ivory Coast

Cote d'Ivoire you rube

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im a murcan

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I'm Chile!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Opop, just tell your country not to be poo poo at football in 4 years and then when there's another game you can be them!

Is it on ice? THEN NOT INTERESTED

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Is it on ice? THEN NOT INTERESTED

Agreed.

Soccer is like hockey without all the good parts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Agreed.

Soccer is like hockey without all the good parts.

How do you feel about this?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Boot'r is a stupid name.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Make me Brazil please, I wanna have HULK

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

HELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Will attempt to run this at a different time, doesn't seem to have enough interest sadly!

• Locked thread