Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Lucinda Lisfield Lucy Dewblossom, displaced forest faery :v:

there once was a boy made of string

ugh.

u
g
h.

I just...I don't get it. Everyone's so *boring* here! Everyone's so dull and down and downright resigned to their dumb little lives in this dump! Nobody *dreams*! (Nobody except me.) Nobody hopes for a better life or, like....excitement! Like, was I switched at birth or something? I wasn't meant to be *here*, like *this*.
So I made myself a promise.

a dreadfully shy young thing

It's a funny feeling when you're bursting with hope and you don't know *when* your big break is going to come but you know it *will* because you're not going to let it *not* come you promised and it took sooooooooo long but eventually...

he scurried about

I struck gold. I wasn't going to let this pass me by! I was going to wring out every last *drop* of...of whatever it was and I was going to drink it all down like a....like a dream slushie!

with a stitchwork pout

So....there was this boy. This boy who like never ever left the library -- i mean, i guess he was in one of my classes but that's it -- he never ever left the library and he looked like a freaking tea cozy! He was all...you look at him in the corner of his eye and he's all stitches and yarn and buttons and the one or two people i asked about it thought I was crazy but I'm *not*, okay? (They're just dull.) So I knew -- I couldn't put it in words but with that stuff how do you *not* know? -- I knew he had some kind of magic, or maybe he *was* magic? And I was gonna *make* him tell me about it or....or nothing!

and without a doubt

So one day I just strolled up to his little hideaway between classes.

he was far from stout

A-and he was going to tell me his secret, no ifs or buts about it!

i'd grab and i'd wring

he tried to play dumb, and then he

that mewling little thing

he ran and he ran but there was a little piece of loose string coming off him so i caught it and i pulled and i pulled and he pleaded but i wasn't going to let go i wasn't going to let my dreams scurry off like that so i

he

unravelled

and i'd tugged all his....muchness! all of it. right. out.

i got a B+ in home ec and an A- in biology.

i know how to sew. it's not hard to sew. i've sewed lots of things, pillows and mittens and *me* you see it's so surprisingly *easy* when the needle's your youness and the thread's his hisness and i made myself a little needlepoint heart and

and everything's different now

scary and wonderful and things mean things they didn't mean before *promises* mean things they didn't before they're not just words they're

There's no pillow so soft as a promise

and no knife
so cruel
as a promise broken.

pre:
Name: Lucinda Lisfield
Skin: Fae
Look: dainty, lyrical eyes
Origin: stole the gift

Stats: Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1

Darkest Self
Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a
promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought
in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some
way re-balance the scales of justice.

Moves

Sexy Sex Move About Sex: When you lie naked with another, 
you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you,
take a String on them. When spending a String to even
out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add
these options:
• they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
• add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
• they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

The Constant Bargain
When someone asks you to do something important for
them, and you do it, roll with hot. 
• On a 10 up, they lose a String on you, and you gain one on them. 
• On a 7-9, choose one or the other. 
• On a miss, you’ve shown that they can walk all over you, 
and they take a String on you.

Strings

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Give everyone one
String.

You’ve captured Delilah’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Lucinda er--- Dewblossom? Someone in Morrowdale broke a promise to you. They promised they'd make it up to you, but have yet to do so. Who is it and what was the promise that was broken?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Alright, good "first session" everyone. I've get a better handle on the MC thing here and a better idea of what's going on with your characters, so hopefully we can make things even better for round 2.

What I need before the second session can start:

- question answer from ningyou.
- string from ningyou (if she needs it, someone please help accommodate her on this one)
- if you're due to take an advancement and haven't yet, pick one
- If you have the most strings on a Player Character, pick a stat highlight for them

I'm really looking forward to the next part of the game and the introduction of our new PC!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evil Sagan posted:

Lucinda er--- Dewblossom? Someone in Morrowdale broke a promise to you. They promised they'd make it up to you, but have yet to do so. Who is it and what was the promise that was broken?

Siiiiiiigh.

I was going to watch a movie with my....okay, so she's not my best friend, but she's my friend, and one time she said I was the best, so that makes it close enough, right? Her name's Callie. (Callie Mimford.)

My best friend. Promised. To watch a movie with me Friday. We were going to watch World of Warcat, it's a movie about people playing an online game about cats except it was made by cats and there's a big conspiracy and the cats invade and everyone's trapped in the game and they have to escape by the next meowrning or else they'll be trapped forever and the cats will take over the world and it's a regular cat-astrophe -- catastrophe, cat, get it? -- and it looked SO GOOD and i was SO EXCITED and i spent the whole school day just BURSTING with anticipation like my heart was a balloon about to pop and i'm waiting for her to meet me after school and i waited and i waited and i waited a whole hour! and

she broke her promise. she broke her promise 'cos she had more important things to do like, like making out with some stupid jerk in our history class! And she apologised after and was like oh come onnnnnnn Dewcinda i'll totes make it up to you you know that but she doesn't know what it's like! She doesn't know what it's like to have your heart broken in two by your best friend and sit there watching the movie you were supposed to watch with your friend and cry and every meow feels like a dagger in my heart

So I don't know if i want her apology.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 20, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Recapping my PC strings:

Delilah 1
Ophelia 2 (sympathetic token; bullet casing)

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Strings;

Darius 2
Lucy 1
Mira 1

Also took a point in my hot score for my advancement.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
My strings are thus:

Darius: 1
Delilah: 2
Mira: 1

Took the Dissipate move for my advancement, obviously. (thank u sagan for working that into ophelia's escape)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Current strings for Mira:

Darius 2
Delilah 2
Lucinda 1
Ophelia 0 (clique member)

So doing the math, let's split it up:

-Darius does Ophelia because he has the most strings on her.
-I'm tied with Delilah for Darius. so Delilah can do Darius.
-Ophelia and Darius are tied on Mira, so Ophelia can do Mira.
-And I'm tied with Ophelia for Delilah, so I'll do Delilah.

Delilah, I'm going to highlight Hot for you. I want to see if Delilah can carry on with what Mira showed her, or if she's going to find her own way to keep going sexually with Grace.

Appendix: I can't see Mira really being that interested in Lucinda - she's too self-centered. Lucinda looks pretty, but Mira doesn't fall easily for someone else (or get distracted at all) is the thing. Did you have another idea for who to match up your Bond with ningyou, or do you have some reason Mira might be interested in Lucinda?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I'm highlighting Cold for Ophelia to see if she can follow Father Ayers's advice.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'll highlight Dark on Mira - with the advent of her new move, I'd like to see her doing some weird freaky supernatural stuff.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Let's see if Darius can get together with Joe again. Highlight Hot!

Furthermore, the stride leaves out Lucy; who gets two strings on me (see below). So lets have her highlight for Delilah, and Mira can highlight for Lucy.

As for strings; Lucy has caught Delilah's eye thanks to her big hopes and dreams. Even when darkness and apathy have caught the town in a chokehold, that girl is still all bright-eyed and idealistic. It's a curious case. So Lucy gets two strings on Delilah!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Fine by me!

I want to see what's Dark and disturbing about Lucinda, what makes her really tick.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Current strings (mine|yours):

Darius: 0|1
Delilah: 2|1
Mira: 0|1
Ophelia: 0|1

I'll highlight Hot for Delilah, 'cos she and Grace had a Moment and I wanna see where that eventually goes. Will it go in a sexy sex direction? I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOW

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 21, 2014

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

MC HIGHLIGHTS

Ophelia aspires to ascend beyond her pain and rage, but I know deep down she's still a scared and angry creature seeking to lash out. I will highlight Volatile.

Mira is in touch with something dark, but her greatest weapon is still her demeanor. Cold

Darius has been taking some beatings with relative poise. How long until he snaps? Volatile

Delilah may have found lovey dovey love, but she's come face to face with an enemy and if Grace is to be believed, there are more out there. Grace would probably want her to keep it cool, but I think eventually she'll have to take the fight to someone. Volatile

Dewblossom-chan kawaii desu ne. Anata wa kowai desu ka. Cold

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
what

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

In-game post coming in the near future.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
did you just anime me mister

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

あなたがそれを意味するのですか?!ああ、disaster  unfortunate  sagan-chan, どうもありがとうございました!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
:iit:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Strangely enough, it's the english portion of that statement that is throwing me off.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I need to withdraw.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Goddamn scenes like this. It's like hurting my own children :(

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

please don't throw holy water on your children, sagan

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
YOU'RE A MEAN ONE, EVIL SAGAN

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

please throw holy water on your children, sagan

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Hey so it turns out surprise surprise I have been very busy. Just wanted to check in and verify I'm still game, though things are unlikely to proceed until I get back home. I know things have been pretty slow, even before the vacation, so if we need to do anything to jumpstart the game I hope we can work it out. Sorry.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
ME TOO <3 SMOOCHIES <3

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Definitely still interested! No matter how long our break is!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
nope, sorry, nm, done

• Locked thread