Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is Kane?
Really good
WWE World Heavyweight Championship material
Hope he never retires
Better than Daniel Bryan
View Results

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

Cesaro's strength will never fail to impress me, even when it hanging cliffhanger style from a ladder.

I didn't know Cesaro was in Uncharted 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Around how long before the video on the wwe network gets timestamped and stops taking forever to skip? I just want to watch the matches, not listen to Michael Cole.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The entire show is worth watching. The worst it gets is a very short Layla/Summer Rae match and even that had Guest Ref Fandango doing a little crotch-dance during a submission hold.

There were a few things that felt like it was Raw quality at best but overall there was little to complain about on the show above the ordinary.

Cena is the most obvious beltpillow in the world and we were desperately hoping Rollins would cash in to end the show, but that would really be pulling the trigger early.

WWE's commentary team continues to be really, really bad, with the stupid roundtable poo poo continuing to dogpile on and make it worse yet. Watching everyone not touch their Mountain Dew throughout the broadcast has lost what little appeal it had. The non-stop online/twitter promotion is insufferable.

Adam Rose has the worst gimmick I've seen in years. It is a mystery as to who this is supposed to appeal to. I really appreciated Sandow working his rear end off in spite of everything.

You could start a super kick drinking game and be dead two hours into the show.

After a billion lovely injury promos by Daniel Bryan and his wife I have stopped giving a poo poo.

Anyway, the wrestling quality on WWE is as good or better than it's ever been. The wrestling was great throughout the card.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Twisted Eye posted:

4. Was this the first time ever that Cesaro was in a match where he could walk out the champ if he won?

No, he was in Elimination Chamber.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Twisted Eye posted:

4. Was this the first time ever that Cesaro was in a match where he could walk out the champ if he won?

Elimination Chamber

edit: wow didn't show that last post

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
The new Wyatt Family tag theme sucks. Farty accordion owned, way more than generic rock theme #721. Now it's just creepy kid then generic bullshit.

This show was awful. Cena is now 1 title away from Flair. he in no way deserves to be anywhere near that. Unless WWE decides to never make Cena champ again, they kinda hosed up big time tonight. Flair earned 16. Cena got panic booked into half of 15.

To me it seems like a serious mistake. Even Orton would have been a better choice. I think the only worse option was ADR because of the whole heat vacuum thing. Seriously, anyone else in that match would have been better. Well, maybe not Sheamus, but even that is arguable. Him and Lesnar could be fun, after all.

Also, it's ironic that all the ladders were talked about in thread, then they looked remarkably lovely during the show. Was it just me, or did the ladders look weird?

E: It makes zero sense that the Authority is against Cena. None.

E2:

cucka fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 30, 2014

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Having Trips and Steph by the ringside was already a touch of overbooking, and the payoff for that was a very half-hearted "oh nooooo". Cena won and even all the heels didn't really care.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

keithy george posted:

Having Trips and Steph by the ringside was already a touch of overbooking, and the payoff for that was a very half-hearted "oh nooooo". Cena won and even all the heels didn't really care.

They did nothing to factor into the finish, no clue why they were out there.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

mkay0 posted:

After they came out part of me was hoping that it was because they were actually gonna pull the trigger and have Reigns win so we could get the "Authority watches everything tank before them" but nope just as we expected it was Cena and they were just there to look mopey about it I guess.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

cucka posted:

Also, it's ironic that all the ladders were talked about in thread, then they looked remarkably lovely during the show. Was it just me, or did the ladders look weird?

I'm offended they looked great :colbert:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Stealthed Zombie posted:

After they came out part of me was hoping that it was because they were actually gonna pull the trigger and have Reigns win so we could get the "Authority watches everything tank before them" but nope just as we expected it was Cena and they were just there to look mopey about it I guess.

They carried Orton's battered body to the back after the cameras stopped rolling.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cucka posted:

To me it seems like a serious mistake. Even Orton would have been a better choice. I think the only worse option was ADR because of the whole heat vacuum thing. Seriously, anyone else in that match would have been better. Well, maybe not Sheamus, but even that is arguable. Him and Lesnar could be fun, after all.

its really not a mistake for where things are right now. viewership has kind of bottomed out lately and whoever is champion right now is basically just holding the belt for whatever the program at summerslam is going to be. it's too early for anyone like reigns or wyatt or cesaro to win the belt, especially with no storyline and when the reign is not going to be a big deal.

cucka posted:

It makes zero sense that the Authority is against Cena. None.

hasn't it been established in storyline that they don't want cena to be champion because they cant manipulate him

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 30, 2014

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

ayn rand hand job posted:

They carried Orton's battered body to the back after the cameras stopped rolling.

Yeah I was there for that and saw it, but like...as far as folks watching at home they were just there to be frowny at Cena.

Though I do like the idea that HHH was like Orton might get hurt let's be there so I can bro help him after he loses.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You'd almost think viewership has bottomed out because WWE hasn't tried anything new in ten years. And the one guy looking to buck that trend broke his neck.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Having Cena have the belt is good, if not dull, if they're truly going to give Lesnar the belt at Summerslam because it's another box checked for the unstoppable monster angle they're pushing. He broke the streak, and even super hero John Cena falls before him.

Brock Lesnar should be pushed and written as if he's the final boss of the WWE. He comes in, gets the belt, destroys his challenger and then goes back and does it again when someone else comes.
And then someone does a training montage and beats him at WM.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Brock being booked as the guy version of Dump Matsumoto would be real cool. Too bad they can't get away from the Cena default panic button.

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

1. CENA WINZ

2. CENA WINZ

3. CENA WINZ

4. CENA WINZ

5. CENA WINZ

6. CENA WINZ

7. CENA WINZ

8. CENA WINZ

9. CENA WINZ

10. CENA WINZ

11. CENA WINZ

12. CENA WINZ

13. CENA WINZ

14. CENA WINZ

15. CENA WINZ

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

mkay0 posted:

Yeah, I don't get why you put HHH ringside after "the Authority will interfere so matches end how they want" was already set up in the MitB match and then he doesn't interefere.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, I don't get why you put HHH ringside after "the Authority will interfere so matches end how they want" was already set up in the MitB match and then he doesn't interefere.

that's kind of the point though. It generates more heat when HHH can act like he technically didn't do anything wrong.

e: and I get that there's No DQ in a MITB match or whatever, but keeping him removed just enough to absolve him of guilt is part of the act

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why did Sandow apologize :saddowns:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

That DICK! posted:

Why did Sandow apologize :saddowns:

What did he even say?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cardboard Box posted:

its really not a mistake for where things are right now. viewership has kind of bottomed out lately and whoever is champion right now is basically just holding the belt for whatever the program at summerslam is going to be. it's too early for anyone like reigns or wyatt or cesaro to win the belt, especially with no storyline and when the reign is not going to be a big deal.

Foley holding the title for a total of 47 days over 3 title reigns did not make him any less of a contender to the Championship.

Everyone wants their favorite wrestleman to win the title in the perfect moment, but with no one really built up to face the WWE Champ, any title reign they do have is going to be poo poo because of a lack of challengers.

Reigns having the title, even for a couple weeks until he is screwed out of it, would make him a legit contender for the title in the future. If he already held the title once, it would not be unheard of for him to win in future championship opportunities.

It's a reason why nobody bought Ryback at beating Punk in any of his title opportunities. Nobody saw Ryback as a legit contender having never held the title before. Mainly because nobody saw him getting his first win by ending Punk's epic reign right before facing Rock at the Rumble too...

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

foley's short, bad reigns really pissed me off as a kid

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Authority's tepid reaction makes sense though. If it was Reigns they'd have been all "NO. gently caress NO. THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER." With Cena it's "Not who we wanted, but he's a company man and he makes us a lot of money, which is literally #BestForBusiness".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
It would have been cool if they had any purpose at all, like screwing Reigns out of the title to build to SummerSlam or HHH beating up Cena to try and get the title on Rollins with the briefcase but instead they made exaggerated The Streak Has Been Broken shocked faces and did nothing so it was bad

• Locked thread