Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
dumb fist weapons in any game really. especially where they have a long wind-up and their dps is poo poo. Soul sacrifice and toukiden both have dumb fist weapons but they're the best because when they hit they hit hard. its like poetry you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i leveled every weapon in secret of mana even the knuckles and they were really bad but it was cool because you could do like a tiger uppercut

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
unfortunately most video games don't like having fists be loving awesome even tho you should be trading range and safety for power. most just include them out of some dumb necessity and its bad.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

FauxGateau posted:

dumb fist weapons in any game really. especially where they have a long wind-up and their dps is poo poo.

In Megaman X8 Zero can equip knuckles that let him do cool fiery Dragon Punches exactly like Ken that's fairly quick and does decent damage and they're still his worst weapon by a long shot.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

can we put that in the hammock

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
there was a morrowind mod that made silverware usable as weapons, but they were worse than just punching. i stabbed so many dudes with spoons.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
cigarettes in deus ex

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

unfortunately most video games don't like having fists be loving awesome even tho you should be trading range and safety for power. most just include them out of some dumb necessity and its bad.

No run of Dark Souls is as satisfying as the pugilism run. Parrying with a shield is for lame-os.
There's a boss soul upgraded weapon that upgrades the caestus into the "Dragon Bone Fist" which is literally a dragon bone strapped to your arm and let's you do an uppercut that has the highest character launch in the game. :black101:

Sure, punching was weak, but drat you were a terrifying badass and it felt like it.

Speaking of Punch Cats in Skyrim. The forsworn armor and weapons. Worse than iron weapons, but pretty cool looking. Too bad the helmet changed from an elk's head for male characters to a birds nest for female :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Every character that isn't a spellcaster (this counts as weapons/items right?) in (A)D&D games. Useless sacks of meat that I love to haul around for their crappy one-liners.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DLTN posted:

the best part about the degreaser is that it has this strong, almost sexual following to it and i'm 99% sure it's all based on the flashiness of it. like back when the backburner first got the +10% damage buff over the other flamethrowers, it became the Secret Good flamethrower, but people refused to use it because the airblast was "too useful to give up". then the backburner got airblast and the argument swiftly changed to "uh, well, uh its still bad" because people are too afraid to swallow their pride for 2 seconds and admit that the dreaded w+m1 might be more effective than lighting someone, airblasting them 4 times into a wall and then missing their axe

fast forward to today where they actually nerfed the axtinguisher so hard that it's literally useless, thereby removing the potency of the degreaser and there are still plenty of pyro mains who insist that the most complicated way to play the class must obviously be the best

Pyro is already amazing at close range ambushes and giving him a backstabbing bonus is a huge boost. Don't really need airblast for that playstyle so it isn't a tradeoff at all.

Truga posted:

Every character that isn't a spellcaster (this counts as weapons/items right?) in (A)D&D games. Useless sacks of meat that I love to haul around for their crappy one-liners.

loving wizard supremacy. If wizards get to rend the fabric of time and space at high levels, martial classes should be Goku or Kenshiro by that time.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mr. Saturn in Super Smash Bros. Melee, is cool.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The gas grenade launcher in Duke Nukem: Zero Hour was lots of fun. That game was pretty underrated as well.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The pepper-spray paintball gun in Swat 4 was great in multiplayer to annoy the poo poo out of the other team.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Buschmaki posted:

The pepper-spray paintball gun in Swat 4 was great in multiplayer to annoy the poo poo out of the other team.

the rubber bullet grenade launcher can kill people on a headshot while they're stumbling around

i played as the world's worst pacifist

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

swat 4 loving owned and this paintball gun owned the hardest

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Paintball gun was for weaklings who couldn't handle the pressures of waging the drug war and oppressing minorities with lethal force.

I say "freeze." If you keep moving, a .45 from my SMG is going into your brain. If you take out my buddy but then surrender, I'm zip-cording your hands. Then a .45 from my SMG is going into your brain.

loving paintballs? That's what a flashbang is for. This is real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lDtCHFmvg

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if you're a boss you hit people with the flash bangs until they comply, or use your stinger grenades to set up flashbangs to set up i don't know what the gently caress can top that in sheer gently caress you

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Mr. Saturn in Super Smash Bros. Melee, is cool.

I like the fan

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

if you're a boss you hit people with the flash bangs until they comply, or use your stinger grenades to set up flashbangs to set up i don't know what the gently caress can top that in sheer gently caress you

entire bottle of pepper spray to the eyes, followed by taser, followed by punching them to unconsciousness

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I loved the spinning gear thing in Twilight Princess but the only place you ever used it was in its dungeon, except for like two overworld spots to get treasure. It was really fun to have a fast and track-based way to travel that you could fight while using too.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Spazer beam in Super Metroid.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

flame thrower in super contra was short range and not really optimal but who cares.

dual wielding flame throwers and somersaulting in the air was pretty rad and really defined for a young me what is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
"Soup's Bane" from Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms was pretty rad. It was a wooden spoon, so it was pretty useless, but the charm was too much for me to ever drop it. I used it regularly.

• Locked thread