Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I adored the Klobb back in Goldeneye days. We called it the "meat patty gun" because it sounded like dropping piles of hamburger patties on the ground when you fired it and wasn't cheap as poo poo like the RCP-90; even though many people derided the Klobb as useless in the schoolyard it found a place in my heart during Goldeneye sleepover pizza parties way back when. For me, it was all about Jaws and Klobbs. Oddjob was for faggots.

What are some of the more useless items and weapons that you found yourself using despite their badness in games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

While playing through Planescape: Torment I often forgot to toss seemingly useless items since I was one of those people who tried to carry everything. This paid off a few times when portals would open from what seemed to be a useless item actually being a portal key!

I wish more games today would do stuff like that.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

i have used the L85A1/L85A2/IL 86 in nearly every stalker game/mod ive played even though in most of them its obsoleted by 2 or more guns. dont know what it is about it but i like it

I loved that thing in Fallout 2 as the LSW and preferred it to the BOZAR for no reason other than I hate save scumming and it just looks cooler.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Action Tortoise posted:

I was playing Battlefield 3 for the first time at someone's house and spent the session trying to kill everyone with paddles.

I have more EOD bot kills than any other vehicle kills in the BF4 account I played on

Paddles are pretty rage inducing

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I loved the little motorcycle guy in Twisted Metal

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Using the sand rod outside of the desert in Zelda: ALBW was kinda fun in a silly way.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Was there any way to ever get the tranq guns and N bomb working right in Perfect Dark's multiplayer? Every time my friends and I used them they always affected EVERYONE including the people who weren't hit. Did I have a glitched game or was this just how it was?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I always loved the Dragon in Perfect Dark; everyone else I knew adored the Superdragon but the Dragon's proxy mine effect was way funnier in multiplayer to me. Also from that same game the Magsec 4.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The gas grenade launcher in Duke Nukem: Zero Hour was lots of fun. That game was pretty underrated as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Spazer beam in Super Metroid.

• Locked thread