Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Mark Coleman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pqYhz7LkFU
This one is pretty funny.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think you'll find that Struve flops often.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I'm going to choose to believe that Sarah McLachlan is an actual UFC fan

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

LobsterMobster posted:

Don't sauce a steak.

The classic preparation "Filet Oscar" begs to differ.

Filet + hollandaise + crab meat + asparagus

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

The classic preparation "Filet Oscar" begs to differ.

Filet + hollandaise + crab meat + asparagus

First of all, ewww. Second of all, if you need sauce on your steak you have done something wrong.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Fillet steak can use a sauce as it tends not to have much flavour due to having bugger all fat. A nice peppercorn sauce goes well.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's what butter, salt, pepper and garlic are for.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

First of all, ewww. Second of all, if you need sauce on your steak you have done something wrong.

It's basically a butter sauce.

Look at how wrong you are...

Wylie Motherfuckin Dufresne also begs to differ, ""Hollandaise, I would like to pour over my head and just rub all over myself."

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Asparagus with steak? You monster.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_44lOzgNMm8

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I wonder if we are going to see some evolved standup from Rousey. Looks like she wants to throw some hands.

What was that bet she made with dude?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Well she did already show off some knees last time

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I wonder if we are going to see some evolved standup from Rousey. Looks like she wants to throw some hands.

She's been doing that as long as they've had these videos of her preparing for fights. I remember the first one I saw, which might have been for Carmouche if I remember right, she had tennis balls hanging from the ceiling all over her apartment so she could shadowbox with them on her way to the toilet or whatever. I doubt she's going to try to box with Davis, but we might see her add something. Maybe better ground strikes, maybe some short elbows from the clinch to add to those knees she debuted last time out.

quote:

What was that bet she made with dude?

Evidently she bet Edmond that if he could refrain from gambling for a whole year, at the end of that year she would go in with him on some kind of $100,000 gambling thing--they don't say if it's going to be a single bet or if he's going to buy into a high stakes game or something.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I dont watch the WMMA so I've never seen Alexis Davis fight but looking at the lines she must stand 0 chance of winning

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
shes's got a decent chin and her stand-up is improving. SHe's a black belt and has sub wins against hitomi akano and shayna baszler as of 2013. The biggest obvious problem with the match up is ronda is going to be a lot bigger and a hell of a lot stronger. I can honestly see a similar strategy employed as against sara mcmann, you'll just see less of a struggle as I believe mcmann to be a hell of a lot stronger than davis.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lungboy posted:

Asparagus with steak? You monster.

This is wrong and you are dumb.

Captain Log posted:

It's basically a butter sauce.

Look at how wrong you are...

Wylie Motherfuckin Dufresne also begs to differ, ""Hollandaise, I would like to pour over my head and just rub all over myself."

This, on tge other hand, is loving wrong. Eye fillet is, aptly using in the words of Anthony Bourdain and Mario Batali, the Paris Hilton of steak - no one wants it, it has no fat, a blank stare, and it sucks.

Get yourself a bone-in rib-eye which is the true top of the steak foodchain that only needs to be cooked, rested, and eaten.

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

Lid posted:

Get yourself a bone-in rib-eye which is the true top of the steak foodchain that only needs to be cooked, rested, and eaten.

Alternatively, a porterhouse or "t-bone" is also acceptable. & asparagus with steak is loving awesome.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Agent Tough Juice posted:

First PPV I purchased with friends and the one that made me start paying attention to MMA for real was Chuck/Rampage II, but more importantly, it also featured Houston Alexander knocking out big favorite Keith Jardine. I now for real care about the career of this objectively terrible fighter who knocked out another objectively terrible fighter.

I thought I was the only one who cared about Houston Alexander.

The cool part about him was that he still managed to nearly get knocked in one or both of his UFC wins, so he shows up in the highlight reels of men he beat. He never stops giving.

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
Alexanders greatest moment for me is almost getting KOed by sokoudjou then headbutting him from mount, I believe, and not having it get called.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Alexander was very proto-Barry in that we all wanted him to be great. He had four kids, wanted to keep fighting until someone killed him, and gave away an organ to help someone out. Unfortunately, all the goonlove in the world can't make them a better fighter. We just need to believe that karma will take care of the good hearted, less skilled, individuals.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alexander's crowning moment was the Kimbo fight.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
After the MMA jokes thread i have somehow managed to connect Machida and this in my head, and now im placing bets on a UFC titlefight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Re: Rousey-Davis BJJ Scout did a thing.

Re: steakchat obviously covering a steak in bearnaise is a travesty regardless of the cut but a properly made bearnaise will still be good with the potatoes/veggies. Also there's nothing wrong with asparagus and steak! :wtc:

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Whenever I think of Houston Alexander I think of the dude who forced his sixteen year old kid to box him after finding out that he was using Facebook to get girls, which, what else do you use Facebook for

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alexander went to poo poo when he stopped trying to steam roll people, he could've worked his game around being a pressure move forward front foot striker. He was strong as hell and could wreck people in the clinch but then he tried these weird game plans where he'd play distance and look to counter and all sorts of stupid poo poo he wasn't good at.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SquirrelGrip posted:

After the MMA jokes thread i have somehow managed to connect Machida and this in my head, and now im placing bets on a UFC titlefight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6JIAyYT5JI

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Zwachro posted:

Re: steakchat obviously covering a steak in bearnaise is a travesty regardless of the cut but a properly made bearnaise will still be good with the potatoes/veggies. Also there's nothing wrong with asparagus and steak! :wtc:

Bearnaise is actually the perfect accompaniment to asparagus so its the best of both worlds.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

woah

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Sakuraba's lowlights damage my spirit.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I've bet against the Wide Man for his last two fights, and I'm still feeling saucy and will more than likely continue to be as such until he murders the reminder of Brazil.

Who wants to do a one week probation bet against the Dragon?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Snowman_McK posted:

I thought I was the only one who cared about Houston Alexander.

The cool part about him was that he still managed to nearly get knocked in one or both of his UFC wins, so he shows up in the highlight reels of men he beat. He never stops giving.

It touches my heart that so many of you care about Houston and his 27 children.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Alexander's crowning moment was the Kimbo fight.

Last month I sat my housemate down in front of the TV, told him I was going to show him the greatest fight of all time, and then made him watch the entire Houston/Kimbo match.

He was confused.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The way Kimbo and Houston curled over in sheer exhaustion in perfect synchronisation is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in Mixed Martial Arts.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
unfortunately, noone can simply be "told" what the chop-down choke is. you have to see it for yourself.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Aurain posted:

The way Kimbo and Houston curled over in sheer exhaustion in perfect synchronisation is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in Mixed Martial Arts.

Yep. I was basically that annoying guy during a movie he's seen a hundred times who can't help but say things like "watch this part!" except the parts I was telling him to watch were mostly two large men wheezing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For those with fightpass

http://www.ufc.tv/video/video/kimbo-slice-vs-houston-alexander-tuf-10-finale

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I have a soft spot for Houston since I won $20 when James Irvin superman punch destroyed him. Also the Jardine knockout was so raw and ugly.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

El Roncho posted:

Also the Jardine knockout was so raw and ugly.

I think the descriptor you're looking for is "real"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i wonder, will we ever see the likes of you again. will nebraska be in the house once more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

Who wants to do a one week probation bet against the Dragon?

You're on.

• Locked thread