Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I want to marry Machida and eat gluten free tapioca pancakes with him

Just don't drink anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH1K3hq3vw

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

Just don't drink anything

marriage is about compromise

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

marriage is about compromise

Which leads me to a piece of advice acquired at far too young an age: if you go home with a girl and she has plastic sheets on the bed, ask why

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

What's the deal with Ronda's weight cut? She's in the parka in like half of the shots of Embedded 2 and 3, which are supposed to cover fight week through Wednesday I think. Isn't that insanely early to start a water weight cut?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He's been coming off really great in these Embedded shows. He is extremely pleasant and professional and really loves his job.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

same

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

He's been coming off really great in these Embedded shows. He is extremely pleasant and professional and really loves his job.

Also pretty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Machida looks sublime with a beard and really should keep one at all times.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I love the thread title and the OP is hilarious, good job.

I'm pretty excited for the main event, as a big fan of Machida. I don't think he'll win, but I think it will be a very interesting fight. Machida has looked great his last two fights and I really hope he gives Weedman some difficulties.

I keep forgetting that Honda is on the card as well. It seems like her opponent's plan is to close the guard, and use the spiderweb to lock in an armbar. Yeah, good luck with that. If Honda has a flaw it may be that her throws expose her to back-takes, but against Tate it seemed like she'd already been working on that.

Faber vs Bruce Leeroy I like as well, even if it will probably be a blowout. I enjoy Leeroy quiet a bit and I'm very happy to see him improving and getting big fights. Odd that this is on the prelims, but it means I will absolutely watch the prelims.

And Struve is back!? Against Meat Head? hahaha, oh the gods are cruel. Guaranteed to be short and violent.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Count Roland posted:

I keep forgetting that Honda is on the card as well. It seems like her opponent's plan is to close the guard, and use the spiderweb to lock in an armbar. Yeah, good luck with that. If Honda has a flaw it may be that her throws expose her to back-takes, but against Tate it seemed like she'd already been working on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsma7Q0e9AI
Repost, but in the McMann fight ronda already controlled her throws and didn't try to power through them and didn't expose herself so much.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Lamadrid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsma7Q0e9AI
Repost, but in the McMann fight ronda already controlled her throws and didn't try to power through them and didn't expose herself so much.

Neat breakdown. But I wasn't talking about the clinch, but where Honda finds herself after a completed throw. She (like most judoka) end up in scarf hold after a throw. Any BJJ player will look for back control from there, especially as part of a scramble. Ronda has defended this so far (though narrowly against Carmouche) but I think that is a place where Davis has a chance.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Marching Powder posted:

Which leads me to a piece of advice acquired at far too young an age: if you go home with a girl and she has plastic sheets on the bed, ask why

Most things about women you notice in their home deserve a good why. But you always keep you mouth shut and wonder why you and those plastic sheets are featured on RedTube.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

UFC 175 Weigh-ins in 3 hours 40 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA2uMM5BLYs

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Weigh ins kicking off now

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm sure the fact that Bubba Bush weighed in with american flag boxers comes as a surprise to no one. I put the over/under on flag-based apparel tonight at 5

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I got that over

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Looking at George Roop makes me yearn for a tub of lard or something similar I can shovel into my face.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Chris Camozzi has R/MMA on the front of his shorts

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Marcus Brimage weighing in after Urijah Faber...

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Miesha is brutal to listen to.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm still both surprised that Matt Mitrione is still fighting and that we get to see Struve fighting again so soon.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Weidman looks frail, what is he cutting from?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Total flag-based apparel: 3. 4 if you count Kenny Robertson's Wolverine t-shirt as an honorary Canadian flag

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

Weidman looks frail

what

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I will never tire of the thinly veiled contempt ring girls have for female fighters getting cheered and joe rogan looking at fighters during the face off.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dangersim posted:

Weidman looks frail, what is he cutting from?

Yeah, no, he doesn't.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Weidman is really giving Cain a run for his money on being the most boring dude imaginable

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

-Atom- posted:

Weidman is really giving Cain a run for his money on being the most boring dude imaginable

what? i think weidman is kinda funny and charming in a jockish kinda way.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Weidman built his unbeaten streak while taking most of his fights on short notice and took down the fighter most people call the greatest of all time twice in a row. It's alright to me if he wants to be a little boring outside of the cage.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
drat Lyoto is pretty

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Oh great, the champ already has brain damage.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Alexis' TMNT top is pretty swell.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Lyoto is surprisingly well adjusted for a dude raised by a karate master samurai guy exiled to brazil

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
I'm so pumped for this event. Been ages since I could see UFC live. Really liking the embedded vlogs etc.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Bubba "the fighting Texas" Bush is a cartoon character, right? That isn't a real person

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

george roop throwing up what looked to be a nazi salute made the weigh ins a great success

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Plastic surgery :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

darn. the girls arent as hot as I used to think they are. darn.

• Locked thread