Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Fun fact: The original file name for this image was champsbobby2.jpg
----

THIS MONTH ON TNA (does wrestling even matter anymore?)

- The Beautiful People are feuding with Gail Kim and Tarrell.

- EC3 and Bully Ray are still feuding. Also Bully still wants to put Dixie through a table. TNA.

- Eric Young lost the TNA title to BOBBY LASHLEY.

- But MVP is no longer the director of wrestling operations.

- Eric Young and Bobby Roode are now feuding with MVP, Bobby Lashley, and Kenny King.

- TNA taped a bunch of I guess okay to decent shows in NY.

- I'm sure I'm missing a feud but its entirely forgettable, like most of the TNA roster.

- While he isn't in TNA anymore, AJ Styles got a TNAsylum award which is amazing.

----

Next TNA PPV: I don't know. Probably a one night only thing.

----

I WAS NOT PAID FOR THIS FOURDOWN PLUG. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK AND MAKE CLETUS HAPPY.

----

PS: Yes, they've started to omit the dates of when the champs first won the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I didn't end up going to the TNA baseball show in Lakewood with my dad. :smith:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Babby Lindsey :unsmith:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I miss the June thread already
:(

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Abyss looks happy. :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If this month provides anything rivaling AJ's award acceptance pic, it's going to be a great month

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You can barely see any of Lashley there and he looks juiced to the gills, Jesus.

Wasn't he a pretty good midcard performer in WWE at one time? Or am I thinking of Shelton Benjamin?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Lashley looks like a member of the california raisins

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Basic Chunnel posted:

You can barely see any of Lashley there and he looks juiced to the gills, Jesus.

Wasn't he a pretty good midcard performer in WWE at one time? Or am I thinking of Shelton Benjamin?

He was a consistently mediocre semi-main eventer in WWECW who didn't really get over despite a decent push. Shelton Benjamin was a solid mid-carder who was fired because he liked video games which obviously meant he "didn't care enough".

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

He was a consistently mediocre semi-main eventer in WWECW who didn't really get over despite a decent push. Shelton Benjamin was a solid mid-carder who was fired because he liked video games which obviously meant he "didn't care enough".

Actually Shelton was superkicked so hard by Shawn Michaels that he landed in Japan. They didn't need to fire him.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Memento posted:

Calling Lashley's push in WWE decent is quite the understatement. Guy had a very prominent match at Wrestlemania at one time despite not being all that good, it was pretty clear that they wanted him to be their next Brock Lesnar. And in a way he was when he quit after having been pushed to the moon :v:

Unrelated, but it seems like something is missing in the championships graphic. They need to bring back the Knockouts Tag titles to pad it out.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

You're probably thinking Shelton. Or Elijah Burke. Or Marcus Cor Von. Basically anyone who isn't Lashley.

I haven't seen his pre-07 work, but what I witnessed was an overpushed roidmonkey who was rubish in the ring and nightmarish on the microphone. I should revisit his matches on the Network to see if I was just reacting to his push rather than his work though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bobby Lashley used to be my best evidence that John Cena is a great wrestler.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Bobby Lashley used to be my best evidence that John Cena is a great wrestler.

If the magic of TNA is still at work he should return to WWE shortly as a rejuvenated and slightly improved version of his former self.

Which means he'd still be bad, but maybe Rusev could carry him to a good match.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I liked when Bobby Lashley jumped through that cage thing.

I don't think he's ever done anything else I liked. Apart from getting punched by Finlay.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I like the Dominator, why can't better wrestlers than Lashley use the Dominator?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YOU'RE FIT FINLAY AND YOU LOVE TO FIGHT? WELL I'M BOBBY LASHLEY AND I THINK YOU'RE A BATHTURD.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Lashley was a large part of why I quit watching WWE for like 5 years so take that for what it's worth.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lashley's problem in the WWE was they kept presenting him as a power wrestler instead of a quick and agile guy. I remember him struggling to get one of the lighter guys up for a dominator.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

Lashley's problem in the WWE was they kept presenting him as a power wrestler instead of a quick and agile guy. I remember him struggling to get one of the lighter guys up for a dominator.

To be fair, Kenny King going for a flying neckbreaker on Lashley, only to be caught in perfect vertical suplex position is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Of course it wasn't the finish though, but holy crap after seeing that spot you could convince me Lashley was the strongest man to ever live.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Can we talk about Kenny King for a moment?

They sign him away from ROH while he's still holding the tag titles. He does like two X Division matches, then totally disappears for months. He comes back with his "King of the night" gimmick, fake feuds with MVP for two weeks of TV, joins the TNAuthority, and becomes their slightly more credible version of Rockstar Spud.

I have no idea what they're paying him , but it's clearly too much.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

skaboomizzy posted:

Can we talk about Kenny King for a moment?

They sign him away from ROH while he's still holding the tag titles. He does like two X Division matches, then totally disappears for months. He comes back with his "King of the night" gimmick, fake feuds with MVP for two weeks of TV, joins the TNAuthority, and becomes their slightly more credible version of Rockstar Spud.

I have no idea what they're paying him , but it's clearly too much.

TNA's willing to work around his dates as a Vegas stripper. Whatever TNA is paying him, its not nearly anything near what he poles down.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I did not know he's a stripper. That answers a lot of my questions about how they use him, but not why they signed him at all.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

I did not know he's a stripper. That answers a lot of my questions about how they use him, but not why they signed him at all.

Lighter working than ROH I guess.

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's TNA. If you're looking for "logic" and "reasons", you are bound to end up highly disappointed, confused, and angry. This is a company whose owner seems to to have a goal to kill off any angles or stories that may possibly be more interesting than she is when she makes little effort to begin with.

And this is coming from someone that WANTS to like TNA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bobby Lashley drew the biggest Wrestlemania buy rate of all time please give him the respect he is due as a performer and proven business mover

skaboomizzy posted:

He frequently tours as a Chippendale and they signed him because he's a good wrestler. I don't know if his TNA work was worth the money or the drama that came from poaching RoH talent, but he's a good hand in the ring and he's got charisma

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 1, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Lighter working than ROH I guess.

He was also really unhappy in ROH at the time, and he wasn't alone. Locker room seems a lot more satisfied with Delirious booking things instead of Cornette.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Whatever TNA is paying him, its not nearly anything near what he poles down.

Well played

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

oatgan posted:

Bobby Lashley drew the biggest Wrestlemania buy rate of all time please give him the respect he is due as a performer and proven business mover
Not to mention an Army Man.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

skaboomizzy posted:

When I play TEW sometimes I like to gently caress around with other companies by signing their champions away from them.

Maybe TNA treats real life like its a video game?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea that TNA is booking Kenny around his stripping dates and that it isn't the other way around is pretty silly. TNA forgets to use him for months because they are a stupid company not because he's too busy stripping.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Golden Bee posted:

Not to mention an Army Man.

And more importantly a single father of two.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So how long until MMA Legend Chael Sonnen shows up on Impact?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dsriggs posted:

So how long until MMA Legend Chael Sonnen shows up on Impact?
we're not that far off from August 1st

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Have TNA ever pretended that they test for drugs?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Have TNA ever pretended that they test for drugs?

They tested once, a dozen guys failed for steroids, several more for other things and they never tested again.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

They tested once, a dozen guys failed for steroids, several more for other things and they never tested again.

That's hilarious. Thanks MRT.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dixie was very clear about their wellness policy on capitol hill

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Baney Lashley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

oatgan posted:

Love him or hate him, you gotta reshpect Bobby Lashley.

• Locked thread