Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oatgan posted:

I hope this company lives forever
This is the second time that /wooo/ has punked out TNA, the first time being when they were advertising "Who is suicide?" and were showing teasers for the character with links to MySpace pages and other misc poo poo they hadn't bothered to make yet. /wooo/ registered them AFTER they were shown on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'd never seen that Gail Kim picture before so I appreciate the link.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

i dunno but i watched the whole thing. it was much better than impact.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Vince Russo has denied working for TNA, despite reports to the contrary. Who is telling the truth?

Mike Johnson of PWInsider posted:

As previously noted here on the site, Vince Russo has publicly declined to comment on PWInsider.com's story that he is still working for TNA as a creative consultant.

Therefore, it was very interesting today that I received an email from Russo, who accidentally cc'd me in, featuring instructions and advice from him to Mike Tenay and Taz on how certain segments of a TNA TV episode about to be voiced over should be handled.

That should put to rest, once and for all, any question that Russo is still involved and working for TNA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

or Russo is loving with Mike Johnson.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
They're both just working the marks, brother.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I completely buy Russo doing a dumb thing.

I've changed my mind, and now hope this company lives forever. Nobody should ever forget this history of incompetence, and the best way for that to happen is the incompetence to continue eternally.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just disappointed we'll never truly know just how much money was blown on Dixie's wrestlefunhouse

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
GET'S BETTER:

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/statement-concerning-involvement-tna/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hahahahahha oops

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

that's pretty gay dude

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Is this meant to be a 404 or was there something here?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He took it down, but it was a classic Russo "Mea Culpa, but not really Mea, and not really Culpa".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Someone on reddit screencapped it:

edit:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He didn't even have the "integrity" to change it so the link went to a regular 404 page, the url is still
code:
http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/statement-concerning-involvement-tna/

Memento fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 16, 2014

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Something like "I had a confidential agreement with TNA to consult Mike Tenay and Taz on commentary. I have avoided questions due to this agreement. That was accidentally forwarded to Mike Johnson. I hope my integrity is shown."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd love it if they decided to "Fire Russo" and then have him secretly write it so they can call people out when the haters are saying the show is much better now that Russo was gone.

Then they'd redo the whole "SHIIIIITTTT IT'S VINCE RUSSO"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress you guys, you made Vince Russo sad.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/facing-demons/

Jerks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I see he uses the same copy editor as Big Dave.

quote:

I had two video stores go out of business when I was barely 30 thanks to Blockbuster. I became unemployed, I sold appliances to make ends meat.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There's an Eric Bishoff meat salesman joke here somewhere.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

TNA World Champion Lashley Signs With Bellator; Set to Fight on September 5th at Bellator 123

We are excited to announce that TNA World Heavyweight Champion LASHLEY has signed a deal with Bellator MMA and is set to make his debut on September 5th at Bellator 123. Lashley (10-2) will face Josh Burns (8-7) in a heavyweight clash.

The Bellator 123 card will be headlined by a Featherweight Title fight between Pat Curran and Patricio Pitbull. TNA and Bellator superstar King Mo will also compete on the card, making this a can’t miss event for any TNA or MMA fan!

Bellator 123 takes place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut on September 5th and will be broadcast LIVE and FREE on Spike TV!

Don't get this at all. Not like he is that skilled/interesting as a fighter or has the type of compelling personality that could draw MMA fans to watch Wrestling.

Although Kenny King and MVP cornering would be great.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Josh Burns is a pretty obvious can but it would be glorious to see TNA Champ Bobby Lashley knocked out.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

weekly font posted:

Josh Burns is a pretty obvious can but it would be glorious to see TNA Champ Bobby Lashley knocked out.
This needs to happen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bobby Lashley has already lost to an obvious can and I don't mean JT.

He also got brutalized by a middleweight when he gassed in the third round.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

jesus it's actually happening. this company is going to risk it's champion getting destroyed on another company's PPV.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I cannot believe TNA can be so stupid as to allow this.

On the other hand, its not surprising in the least.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

To be fair, TNA doesn't have enough tapings done to get to September 5th.

...Right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: ^^ They're up to something like mid-September already, with a final set finishing out September to be made next month

So to recap

One more set of tapings in August, everything else already set and done to air throughout July/August/September
If they don't take the belt off Lashley in that last set, there's a non-zero chance their champ gets destroyed in another company on Spike TV
No live chance to mention it, if it happens, until October
October's assuming they still have a TV home because Spike's deal ends around that time
Plus Angle's probably done with the company at that time too, which fucks up at least one other storyline they started in New York

The NYC tapings were probably the best the company's had in years, yet everything behind-the-scenes that happened throughout needs its own section on the loltna page

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 16, 2014

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Bellator show will be on Spike, but other than that I think that's right.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Now he can be the highest grossing athlete in two sports.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Vince Russo literally wrote an article about how he turned MVP heel. Why is he trying to deny this poo poo? He openly talked about booking TNA.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

Vince Russo literally wrote an article about how he turned MVP heel. Why is he trying to deny this poo poo? He openly talked about booking TNA.

Russo can't even keep real life straight, let alone his storylines.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Trying to emulate NJPW is a good idea, but they shouldn't have gone with the early-mid 2000's Inoki era.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Bobby Lashley has already lost to an obvious can and I don't mean JT.

He also got brutalized by a middleweight when he gassed in the third round.

I'd imagine his record is artificially inflated by fighting no-names in MMA C-leagues, right?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

former Sharkfights Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Cardboard Box posted:

I'd imagine his record is artificially inflated by fighting no-names in MMA C-leagues, right?

No that was Fedor

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If they pushed the Bellator-TNA thing a little more actively this has all the requirements to be TNA's Brawl for All.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lashley lost a fight to a guy that was blinded in one eye and only heard rumors about wrestling.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Did they take away his first name? Are they copying WWE with that too?

And it's hilarious that TNA decides to throw a hard push to someone, and it's motherfucking Bobby Lashley of all people.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

James "The Colossus" Thompson for TNA World Heavyweight Champion please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Remember, none of those people ever beat Bobby Lashly.

Edit:
Bobbly Lashey.

• Locked thread