Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Dark One posted:

I just finished ("finished") a Death Wish match where three of us foolishly jumped into the back of the van at the end. The fourth person tossed a couple grenades in and incapped everyone.
Idgi. He's pretty clearly describing a goon game. :confused:

clockworkjoe posted:

What's the best way to do Sounds of Silence? The guard in front of the pyro booth seems to be a big roadblock - if you dominate him, won't other guards see him eventually?

Dominating the guard while he was right next to the pyro guy worked 100% of the time on Normal. He was never found and all of the other guards can be avoided, though some are more annoying than others depending on the layout and which phase of the heist you're on. (For instance the warehouse guard moves to patrolling the upper hallway back and forth once its time to handle the money and it's really easy to bumble into him because of the limited space unless you Sixth Sense him beforehand.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

John Murdoch posted:

Dominating the guard while he was right next to the pyro guy worked 100% of the time on Normal

this, except deathwish

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
if you are planning on soloing sound of silence do it on normal

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, unless you're specifically looking for a real challenge or are Vox, it's not really worth it to get that mask/pattern unlock on anything but normal. Still cool to stealth to hope for a better future for demasking though.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Any essential mods I need to install? Hoxhud and GoonHUD still around?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, unless you're specifically looking for a real challenge or are Vox, it's not really worth it to get that mask/pattern unlock on anything but normal. Still cool to stealth to hope for a better future for demasking though.

vox didn't even think it was possible on dw :v:

(it totally is, soloable even, but it is 40000% easier in a group)

8 Ball posted:

goonmod and lots of other mods use the new and fancypants BLT hook, get your stuff here: http://paydaymods.com/ and Kilandor's got your BLT-hook pocohud needs covered: https://github.com/Kilandor/PocoHud3

Hoxhud doesn't, but you can make it work with the Club Sandwich Edition of the BLT hook if you really must.

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 1, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

8 Ball posted:

Goonhud has expanded and rebranded as Goonmod, Pocohud is the stats-piece of choice for people who are concerned about numbers, and Hoxhud is a buggy piece of poo poo run by narcissists (so, exactly the same as before).

Goon and Poco are now also on the same codebase (Goonmod's creator's BLT system) so they play nice.

I haven't played this game in ages. I need to do some crimes tonight.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

8 Ball posted:

They're still around. GoonMod's available here and uses a new hook called BLT
HoxHud is where you expect to find it but you'll need to use Olipro's own version of BLT - Club Sandwich Edition to run HoxHud and GoonMod together. The reason why, I shan't explore.

There was a mod called WolfHud which replicated most of the not-poo poo bits of HoxHud (most notably: no anti-cheat or phoning home ostensibly just to check you're in a steam group) and was made to just require normal BLT.
Sadly, the guy who made it pulled it down very recently. Short version of the story: the Payday 2 community still sucks. Someone in the thread uploaded a copy.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Crabtree posted:

The situation's still likely going to involve him when if it isn't the "most popular and oldest mod creator", its his little faction of the already insane payday 2 community. :v:

*evidence suggests that this is mainly the fault of whoever this Seven guy is, apparently about his Dynamic HUD Panels*

"No, the HoxHud people must still be at fault!!!"

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Thanks guys, shame the ingame community is terrible as ever.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

8 Ball posted:

To follow up on what others here have already said, there are a few other mods you might want to consider.
Lobby Player Info - my personal favorite for the category of "little mods which provide big quality-of-life improvements"
Enhanced Hitmarkers - you, too, could have cute little skulls-and-crossbones pop up every time you kill a cop

edit: there used to be downloads on Last Bullet for a few other features that were in Hoxhud, but they're gone. I rehosted them.
Green Civilian ! Marker - changes the exclamation point over civilians to a light green when they're on the ground.
Auto Card Picker - chooses a card for you at the end of the heist. If you aren't hosting, that means you can get up and get another drink the moment when the heist ends.
Buy All Assets - gives you a button that will allow you to purchase all available assets with a single click

edit: nearly forgot to plug the Better Weapon Stats GUI which keeps the inventory screen from lying to you. An enormous improvement. It adds a wealth of information including detailed reload times (tactical reload time, full reload time, whether or not there's an animation after the reload and whether or not that animation is cancellable), stance modifiers, alert radii, all that jazz. You should never have to look for a weapon's stats if you have this mod installed.

All of these mods are made for the BLT hook.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 1, 2015

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I probably want to draw attention to some extra files required for one of GoonMod's most fun additions: Weapon texture assets for Weapon Customisation. With it, you literally repaint gun parts as if they were masks, except you don't actually spend any of the materials/patterns/colours. Replacement assets are treated very differently from lua script mods - they go into /assets/mod_overrides

Also, while I know some people will question its status as an "essential mod", I've grown very attached to the Macho Cloaker Randy Savage sound replacement...

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 1, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

LuciferMorningstar posted:

*evidence suggests that this is mainly the fault of whoever this Seven guy is, apparently about his Dynamic HUD Panels*

"No, the HoxHud people must still be at fault!!!"

The fact that you're actually bothering to even slightly defend oilpro on the one time anything mod drama related is not his fault is astounding. Seven was stealing what little Oil did right, but it's Oil's fault that there are people desperate to take the crap out of Hoxhud and make it less of a hassle to use that they'd be perfectly fine with an overt Not HoxWolf Hud. I'd care more about it if it happened to Wilko or whoever runs Poco or Seven was charging money for this, but as it stands Oil's practically asked for this to happen for years.

Someone took his hack and made it less poo poo, big loving deal.

8 Ball posted:

Thanks guys, shame the ingame community is terrible as ever.

Just enjoy the game and avoid the stove if you don't want to get burnt. They'll be a mixed bag, but they'll always be a mixed bag.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Crabtree posted:

The fact that you're actually bothering to even slightly defend oilpro on the one time anything mod drama related is not his fault is astounding. Seven was stealing what little Oil did right, but it's Oil's fault that there are people desperate to take the crap out of Hoxhud and make it less of a hassle to use that they'd be perfectly fine with an overt Not HoxWolf Hud. I'd care more about it if it happened to Wilko or whoever runs Poco or Seven was charging money for this, but as it stands Oil's practically asked for this to happen for years.

I'm not defending Olipro, it's a well-accepted assertion that he's an egotistical twat. However, it's pretty clearly not the case that he's responsible for this ~~drama~~. Despite this, apparently some individuals like yourself have such an intense hatred for the terrible business practices of HoxHud that it leads you to willfully misinterpret reality, which is really what I want to point out here.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slammed my face on the goonstove and found some goons who managed to go loud on a stealth mission wherein I was despawning all the corpses as I shot them.

All they had to do was not set off a camera and by god they hosed that up too. I even explained "hey, the only way you can gently caress this up is if you are dumb enough to set off a camera" and we hadn't even found the warehouse before some chucklefuck sent that poo poo loud. gently caress hosting that crew more than once.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Maybe it was an actual mistake? I got too close to a guard on day 2 of Election Day when playing with goons once, even after they told me to be careful when climbing the stairs to the second floor of the warehouse :kiddo:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

no Goons are the master race

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

maswastaken posted:

Also, while I know some people will question its status as an "essential mod", I've grown very attached to the Macho Cloaker Randy Savage sound replacement...

Please tell me this replaces all of the Cloaker's lines.

Please.

"OH YEAH! THE MATCHOE MEEHHNN! *KICK* MAYBE I AM INSANE AND MAYBE YOU NEED TO FIND OUT HOW INSANE I AM RIGHT NOW OH YEAHHHH!"

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

stealth mission wherein I was despawning all the corpses as I shot them.

lol

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

FAUXTON posted:

wherein I was despawning all the corpses as I shot them.

deserved retribution imo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Psion posted:

vox didn't even think it was possible on dw :v:

(it totally is, soloable even, but it is 40000% easier in a group)

It's actually really easy to stealth on DW! I thought it was impossible becuase I didn't know about the hidden mobility behavior of the guard outside the booth. To clarify how that works: That guard actually paths away from the booth, and joins the other one in the area in pathing through the hall of fame and adjoining hallway. There's only ever one guard in there. That said, man, I really dislike these nonsensical hidden event-based guard behavior shifts.

I'm not defending Olipro, it's a well-accepted assertion that he's an egotistical twat. However, it's pretty clearly not the case that he's responsible for this ~~drama~~. Despite this, apparently some individuals like yourself have such an intense hatred for the terrible business practices of HoxHud that it leads you to willfully misinterpret reality, which is really what I want to point out here.

So, on DV Alesso heist, I've drafted the following changes in the design doc so far:

General:
1. 6 vault-sets, 36 bags of cash. All required. All four areas.
2. Three cutters.
Stealth:
1. No camera room- offsite camera operator.
2. Changed, worse camera positions. more guards in hallways, but spread across wider areas for more clumping.
3. Basement guards path around the hallways around the C4 area and can sometimes see into it, but do not path through it. Separate guards occupy their "later" positions in the intermediate hallway.
4. Pyro booth guard doesn't path into main booth at all. A second and third civilian will arrive during the show, however, one from the entrance and one from the elevator.
5. Equipment breaks(the button task) can occur during a stealth pyro show.
6. Vents have limited capacity- 6 per vent. The vents are sequential, with the last one being one of the ones in the pyro booth.
7. The final de-mask doesn't actually happen. Once you fade to black, Bain tells you that the feds have put the arena on lockdown and are combing the place. You then have to sneak out as black ops and security sweep the halls. Escape is at the entrance, de-mask area is in the upper arena entrance (one of the places the bodybags asset spawns). Going loud means escaping by the chopper location- and a substantial wait.
Loud:
1. Three powerboxes (the three that can currently spawn). Since there's no camera room, you just defend them all.
2. No zipline. It wasn't very helpful anyways.
3. Cloaker spawns from the vents in the pyro booth.
4. Since there are 6 C4 sets, there are also 6 pyro sequence sets. The button hits are in sequence ("left, then right, then middle!"), 4 series per sequence.
5. More fires. The fire extinguisher is gone from the booth- there are several others needed in the heist area, in kitchens and in the basement area.
6. More buttons for the equipment break. They sprout up all around the pyro booth.
7. Cutters can break and require (short) repair when loud.
8. Surprise! One of the vault cutters will cause a Dozer to fall out of the vault when it's removed.
9. Sniper and zipline spawns at the hall of fame skylight.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 1, 2015

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Please.
That's exactly what it does. It doesn't quite replace that charging scream; that's still there, but you get to hear the cloaker yell "OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO YEEEAAAHH!!!" over the top of it as he knocks your stupid rear end down.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Where are the SWAT turret vans

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

ClonedPickle posted:

Where are the SWAT turret vans

Parked in the warehouse.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
So the GL40/Para build I've been messing with is officially awesome. I just pubstoved with three rather incompetent jerks on Hoxbreak, and day 2 had 18 downs (of which I accounted for 2) and so much damage flying around on them that I had to burn my keycard to open the infirmary just to keep them out of custody.

And we still won in 23 minutes, with me having blasted 257 cops and 56 specials. At level 51. And a mighty 1 point put into a weapon specific skill. I never once hit an ammo bag.

God bless that overpowered loving gun.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 1, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Actually, let's review more of what Crabtree wrote earlier:

Crabtree posted:

So, specifically, you're alleging that because people don't like how an individual chose to implement and distribute his product, they're entitled to take said individual's product and do whatever they feel like they need to to make it into what they want it to be? After all, Olipro has been "asking for it" by dressing like such a slut and all.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Both of you should stop being goony fucks you've already written too many words about this loving thing

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
holy drat i never thought it could go there but wow there it went

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ledgy posted:

holy drat i never thought it could go there but wow there it went

crabtree's posts are really bad though so I guess fight fire with fire?

whoever wins, we don't

I mean there's a legitimate case to be made against Hoxhud and many posters here have made it, Crabtree sure as gently caress isn't though

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

]So, specifically, you're alleging that because people don't like how an individual chose to implement and distribute his product, they're entitled to take said individual's product and do whatever they feel like they need to to make it into what they want it to be? After all, Olipro has been "asking for it" by dressing like such a slut and all.

bahahahahahhaha

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So, specifically, you're alleging that because people don't like how an individual chose to implement and distribute his product, they're entitled to take said individual's product and do whatever they feel like they need to to make it into what they want it to be? After all, Olipro has been "asking for it" by dressing like such a slut and all.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Afraid of Audio posted:

deserved retribution imo

Hey, I've suffered through 11 infamies worth of that bullshit, at least it isn't straight-up faking achievements with SAM :v:

A continuum of cheating badness. I say we let Vox opine about such a concept.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Thx for your support and attention in this critically important matter. I'll have some Psion/Pickle/Dozer fic for tomorrow. Hope you're as excited as I am :D

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

FAUXTON posted:

Hey, I've suffered through 11 infamies worth of that bullshit, at least it isn't straight-up faking achievements with SAM :v:
i do this on stuff that gates content

DO U WANT TO FYGHT ABOUT IT

e: becuz my muscles are STRONGER

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Coolguye posted:

i do this on stuff that gates content

DO U WANT TO FYGHT ABOUT IT

e: becuz my muscles are STRONGER

Nope, I'm not gonna begrudge you your criminal aids.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

FAUXTON posted:

Slammed my face on the goonstove and found some goons who managed to go loud on a stealth mission wherein I was despawning all the corpses as I shot them.

All they had to do was not set off a camera and by god they hosed that up too. I even explained "hey, the only way you can gently caress this up is if you are dumb enough to set off a camera" and we hadn't even found the warehouse before some chucklefuck sent that poo poo loud. gently caress hosting that crew more than once.

You mean where we were just about to turn in the right device and you cancelled the projob mission when we were close to the turn in?

Ah never mind it was a different group with Firestarter... talked to them about it :v:

Malek fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 1, 2015

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Sorry we aren't all the Payday 2 God that you are. This thread reminds me so much of the dota thread :allears:

jerichojx fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 1, 2015

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
please do not bring up rape in a payday 2 discussion

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Skunkrocker posted:

Please.

"OH YEAH! THE MATCHOE MEEHHNN! *KICK* MAYBE I AM INSANE AND MAYBE YOU NEED TO FIND OUT HOW INSANE I AM RIGHT NOW OH YEAHHHH!"

Yes and it is good.

He yells "Oh yeaaaaaaaah" as he charges and then promos at you while beating your rear end. The yell is funny because

maswastaken posted:

That's exactly what it does. It doesn't quite replace that charging scream; that's still there, but you get to hear the cloaker yell "OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO YEEEAAAHH!!!" over the top of it as he knocks your stupid rear end down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
also lol at the past 30 posts

• Locked thread