Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Requires level 100, but a fast tech forcer seems like a workable build: http://goo.gl/W7vMwa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

so what are the best options for preplanning stealth in Big Bank? I've yet to actually do it - I know poison cake is one of them but my regular group lacks inside man (so far)

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Plan Z posted:

I've always been curious if good auto-turrets can make the c4 escape a bit less painful. I don't know their range, or how long they can fire fully-upgraded, so I've just wondered.

I'm sure they would help, but more to keep the cops in the interior away, so players can focus on the snipers and bag throwing, but I have done the c4 escape once, and that was enough. There's literally no reason to get anything other than the bus for a loud job since they all cost the same. If the C4 escape was 2 favors, it would be worth it, but that sniper alley is crazy, even on normal.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

http://mashable.com/2014/07/08/brazil-samsung-heist-36-million/

That's a lot of bag throwing.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Alkydere posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure you can pick the exterior door to the Diamond Store security room. Provided it spawns of course (sometimes it doesn't). Oh, and remember to let the first civilians pass by (there's a hard coded, troll-tastic pair that are programmed to path by the security door from both directions just in time to catch any players that ran straight for the door and started to pick the lock immediately).

If the security door doesn't spawn in the alley, is it even possible to stealth diamond store? There's only 1 key card and it's needed for the alarm.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Tulip posted:

The door is pickable on the inside too, you just need to shoot out ALL the cameras, which requires some ECMing and luck.

But on Deathwish? Plus, the guard is right there, so he would probably hear the civs freaking out.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Some of the crates in Shadow Raid don't let you pick up items from them. It's happened several times to people in games I've played in

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Scalding Coffee posted:

I like how training for one heist eventually gives me -100% XP. Thanks Overkill, you dumb fucks.

was it shadow raid? I can't imagine any other heist taking so long to learn.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Lester Shy posted:

How do you guys feel about dropping Nerves of Steel once you pick up Aced Inspire? Except for Transport missions, I can't really think of that many times where I'm interacting with something while exposed to gunfire, aside from revives. It feels like a waste of points in my current build, since it's the only skill I have in the Tech tree and I never use trip mines at all.

fixing drills, hacking servers, doing normal revives (players get more health when you do that instead of yelling at them), or grabbing loot. Very useful imo.

What are you going to put the points into?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Coolguye posted:

I have literally never seen them even ATTEMPT to burn the intel during a double-cross or a fed raid.

I've been running proverkill rats a lot lately (hooray grind) and we always get the code in our double cross. Usually if you run at top speed, you get to the apartment before they burn it. So, players split up into 2 pairs, each taking left or right. Sweep the apartments of gangsters, then open the safes and you're done.

They only burn it if you're slow.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Found an edge case where HE rounds could be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHDYjvwwibY

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

man i just played firestarter day 3 on DW with a pro player - we took the bank in like 3 minutes.

He plants ECM and we all rush in he has control freak so uses buzzsaw to scare all civs - he heads straight to camera room and ecms it open and kills guard. The rest of us kill and page a guard. Then we all tie up civs. I even manage to tie up the two tellers.

poo poo was tight.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Gilg posted:

I don't know what happened in your case, but the front civilians don't alert even to a completely loud drill in the back, in my experience.

Do broken drills, even when normally silent, make noise? It seems to me that they don't, but I may be wrong.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Coolguye posted:

I say this as one of the people who will never, ever give up Silent Drilling as long as I'm Techforcer: Silent Drill is WORTHLESS from a mechanical perspective. I am a fan of it because if I have to sit next to one more full-noise drill for 5 minutes straight I will snap.

also, there's not much else to get in order to unlock the next tier bonus

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

I saw this and had to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIXwQVFt8Ho

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

There is one advantage the Judge has over the loco - it reloads a lot faster, since it uses a speed loader instead of having to manually load each shell.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

trip mines under a vent in FS day 2 is fun

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/47605214624160645/02F2D936DE06A2926C9E8BEDBAA221163A272912/

BTW does breaking the lights in FF day 3 matter? Does it reduce visibility if the lights are low?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Finally got my DW mask after beating Rats Pro on DW, with the help of a goon and two skilled pubbies. I've tried it like 5 times in the last week, and I'm convinced Rats day 1 is the hardest DW fight in the game. Everyone has to be drat good, be high level with a good selection of skills and be a little lucky with the RNG.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

John Murdoch posted:

Firestarter day 1 isn't really that bad because even with the split hangars, the map is still weighted in your favor. You just need to not do egregiously stupid stuff like try to run guns out in the open during an assault or completely forget there's actually a second hangar and you always need at least one bag of guns from it.

Big Oil is still the worst because day 1's DW changes are complete bullshit and make it a massive pain in the rear end if you can't stealth it (and honestly very few can because of how dodgy it is). And then as said, day 2 is a test of endurance. Plus it's a pro job only, so any gently caress-ups on day 2 mean you have to hold out on day 1 again.

The first day of Rats can certainly be a challenge, but after that it's two piss easy days (I guess assuming you don't get the police ambush on day 2).

Day 2 of Rats can be tricky on DW because it seems the gangsters love to betray you. When I did it on standard DW, we had to try 4 times to get it, simply because the gangsters would betray us and then we would be split up when the assault hit. Ugh. Fortunately for the pro run, they just traded. I did have do 2 escapes (garage and overpass). Garage is still easy on DW but overpass is a tough fight.

On second thought though, Big Oil was worse. I got absurdly lucky with my run, (shutters, plane keys, pool copter, great team, relatively few dozers) but it was still a nail biter.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

limp_cheese posted:

Glad I could help.

Still questioning your thief credentials with leaving bags behind.

look I had previously gotten to day 3 with another group only to fail because two dumbasses went for the loving bags and me and the other guy by the exit couldn't hold out long enough for them to go into custody. This isn't counting the 10 or so tries on day 1 with different groups.

BTW, what's the best weapon to fill up your inventory with before you go infamous?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Ugh - was doing transport jobs and the exit bugged out in Underpass - we put 10 bags in but the exit never spawned on the van. Is this a new bug?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Sykic posted:

CLOOOOOOOAKAAAAAAAAAAR!! :byodood:

What level is that? I can't tell because of the smoke and small size of the gif.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Plan Z posted:

Pubbies have gotten notably worse since the prevalence of cheating and HoxHud. I used to be down with playing the occasional pub match when no goons were on, but all they do now is the same three missions, cheat, kick before finishing heists, and scream about what HoxHud is saying. They've gone from being lovably not-great at the game to just being a general pack of buttheads.

Honestly, pubs aren't so bad if you're hosting the game. Just be ruthless with kicking them and set the minimum rep level for any mission, so newbies don't join your overkill or DW job.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

man Hotline Miami is amazing for grinding sniper kill achievements. I got 43 sniper kills in a H and VH run (helping friends level up).

BTW, I've never bothered to get the 9 painting achievement for FF. At what difficulty level does that number of paintings spawn?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

JohnClark posted:

I love Payday 2, and I play it a lot, but this is the thing I struggle with. It's clear that you're right, about more than just snipes but about the general state of the game. With that in mind, as much as I love stuff like HLM, wouldn't it be cooler for them to call it a day with Payday 2, take the lessons they've learned, and make a Payday 3 so they don't have to deal with the inherent limitations of Payday 2's semi-hosed codebase?

Well, they're doing The Walking Dead next, so how patient are you?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

BTW is the helicopter that fires missiles supposed to spawn on day 1 of HLM? It's happened to me several times.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Crabtree posted:

We can't even contract the pilot from Panic Room to just steal the commissar away or dump the safe room into the ocean.

we can't let those 3 bags of cash go to waste

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Does anyone know what the reload ratio is for sentries? I tried it out once and it practically emptied me out. I like the idea behind the new sentry/turret combo, but I have no ability to place sentries or trip mines well. It doesn't help when you play with someone who uses the grenade launcher either.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Tried breakout twice and it crashed on day 2 both times - once the server disappeared when someone threw it into the escape car and second time about 10 minutes in. Are these crashes affecting people without hoxhud or should I uninstall it for now?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

I do like that +10% movement skill from fugitive - my tech forcer in ICTV + Bulletproof and all the sprint skills moves around pretty fast it seems like with it. You need to be fast in Breakout, there's always like 10 places to be in in that map.

I think every group needs to save keycards in that map - at least two - for the escape and other drillable doors. That or I should respec and get c4 because I sure as hell don't need max ammo when I pack shotguns on that map.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Goddamn, the security door for day 1 of breakout seems to be the last door you open, period. At least that's what happened in the last 3 runs I've done of it.

Blowing up the sky bridge doesn't seem to be worth it in day 2. I didn't notice a decrease in spawns from all sides of the op center.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

So are dodge builds impossible unless you have the crook perk deck unlocked? What's the highest you can get dodge? Light weight vest is -20 dodge + 45 from crook +10 from sneaky bastard equals 35 base dodge + 15 when crouching for maximum of 50% dodge.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Just to want to remind people who just reset their level for a new infamy level that DW Jewel Store took me from level 0 to level 28 and took about 2 minutes to do with the help of a few ECM rushing friends.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

I've hosted 2 breakout games where another player unlocked upstairs with a keycard before we locked down all the security doors. I can't see the advantage in that. the upstairs hallway might be a better place to hold up, but you have to defend a powerbox in the op center anyway, so what's the point?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

wtf, the game crashes whenever I try to load an offline bank heist so I can grind the rapelling achievement. I tried to start an online game set to private but players with [unknown] as names kept joining.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Coolguye posted:

Verify that cache, it sounds like you've got a few files loose.

I verified - had a few broken files, downloaded them, tried again and it crashed. Verified again and files are 100%. Tried to load the bank heist again and it crashed.

I don't have any mods running.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

clockworkjoe posted:

I verified - had a few broken files, downloaded them, tried again and it crashed. Verified again and files are 100%. Tried to load the bank heist again and it crashed.

I don't have any mods running.

more testing - I can play in other games but I can't host online or offline games without it crashing to desktop.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

SnakemanMn posted:

:frogout:

Although, honestly, I could see some of the crazier players start giving other heists the Tabula Rasa treatment just for shits and giggles. I'd like to see someone do Framing Frame (loud, of course) with that poo poo. That will be impressive.

DW Big Oil and Doc Miserable - that's probably impossible.

DW Big Oil might be possible though.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Laputanmachine posted:

I once jumped into a DW Shadow Raid where the host claimed he had done that level 80 times on that day alone.

There's a significant playerbase whose Payday 2 experience limits to Shadow Raid, Jewelry/Diamond Store and different flavors of Bank Heist. Even Elephant's missions are mostly unfamiliar territory to them, which is really :psyduck:

(we need a Payday :psyduck:)

Why would you do that, especially when Hoxton Breakout pays so well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Are there any particular secrets to doing Hoxton Breakout DW? Tried for 30 minutes with some okay pubbies but we always wiped at the garage.

• Locked thread