Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

-Zydeco- posted:

New thread = new mask chat

and a failed attempt at zeratul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

InequalityGodzilla posted:

* Does Fast learner aced affect you as well, or only your crew mates? Again, I've heard lots of different opinions on it and I want to know if those 3 points are worth it.

A crew bonus affects everyone in the crew.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fellis posted:

Police forgot to show up to an Overkill Firestarter :confused: We had to drill the trucks and moved all the bags up to the hill and THEN they finally show up <:mad:>

Yeah, I posted about that in the last thread. Seems to be a recent bug and one of the funnier ones.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alkydere posted:

It's still going to take a few rounds for you to get used to it, and there's always RNG fuckery. Me and my friends consider it easy but we still only complete it 1/3 times.

I'd say more often than that, but yeah, Shadowraid is good stealthing. Lots of money, lots of experience, relatively little effort.

Getting to the camera guard is generally the hardest part for us.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

kalstrams posted:

Hmm, I guess I should get it then since non-stealth Death Wish missions are not too far away, most likely. If only Payday 2 wasn't such an rear end about mods. :smith:

Sniper mods get added through cheevos. Most of which you can get on a normal bank heist.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

They are randomly placed. I just used a guide I found on steam and rushed jewelry store DW for the mods I wanted.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I loving hate the Warface, but drat if it don't make for fun combinations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alkydere posted:

Then we all died due to a Cloaker and Tazer that earned their paychecks right before we made it out to the main lobby with our trail of loot. :v:

See what happens when you don't have your cloaker magnet around? Or your healbot I guess.

Matrim posted:

What's all of the extra info shown in your HUD from?

Hoxhud is pretty useful, but ugly and the steam group thing is annoying as hell.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The duplication glitch is still a thing, so it's not like you even need that civvie.

Unless you gently caress that bit up in which case work on your timing. :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Magnetic North posted:

I actually just got this myself. Do multiple copies of Aced Faster Learner stack? I don't think anyone in my regular crew has gotten it, since no one else has gone mastermind at all.

Crew bonuses do not stack. Two Techs with aced Bulletproof only get the benefit of one.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Psion posted:

Man, really? I've only ever done Big Bank loud.

we need every pubbie to learn this, and only this:
Bus Stop (6)
doctor bag near vault (2)
timelock glitch OR second doctor bag near vault (2)

There's nothing else worth doing for a loud run.

Doc/Ammo bag in the vault entrance, Doc/Ammo bag in the cafe. :colbert:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kikas posted:

Oh man I gotta loving try this. Looks rad as hell. Do shields and smoke grenades stay as well? Do the ragdolls have physics when you grenade them?

Not sure about shields, but the smoke vanished when it should when I tried it out. And no, corpses don't have physics after they settle.

All in all it is The Best ModTM

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yeah, does anyone know if tans take damage from the back or not? It definitely stuns them.

They don't have any armor on the back.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Crabtree posted:

The heck is goonhud anyway? Did someone manage to crack Hoxhud or what?

-Zydeco- posted:

I love you man.

I set the kill limit to 512 and that's probably ~300 bodies with the AI kills and no slowdown.

It is better than Hoxhud.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gilg posted:

Could it conceivably help in "stealthing" Firestarter Day 1? Killing random gang members through the hangar walls? Just spit-balling, I've never been able to come close to stealthing that and I don't have the shotgun DLC.

I stealthed it before the stealth changes, and it was terrible then. There's even less reason to do so now.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Psion posted:

Also, let me just say this about stealthing framing frame: it's so terrible I don't even know if cheating your dick off can make it easy, it's so bad. soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Possible, sure. Fun, not really no

It used to be decent to run, and even fun if you were good at stealth. Then the stealth changes rolled around and it became the worst thing ever.

Shadowraid is basically a good example of how to use the new stealth. Plenty of room to maneuver, spot, and ways to get around guards.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Geight posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with the elephant missions in general because they're really fun to me, but I feel like setting back the progress of humanity by destroying fusion engines is a bigger dick move than robbing a bank.

Hey, as long as you don't kill the civvie in the basement, they can always make more!

That will then be stolen by other payday crews, but hey, that's life in that plane of reality.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

McSpanky posted:

Here's my dumb idea for the week: this game is a really good candidate for a full-conversion mod to the Star Wars Warhammer setting. The mechanics are fine just the way they are, it simply needs a cosmetic makeover.

• Mastermind becomes Smuggler Warboss, Enforcer becomes Mercenary Flash Git, Technician becomes Combat Engineer Mek Boy, Ghost becomes... Assassin or Rebel Agent or something Kommando

But we all know what the canon future is here. :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The good old days when you could domination blitz a map. Who needed 4 pagers when you could joker all the guards on the map in like a minute?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

If they gave special ammo types to the regular rifles, that'd be pretty cool. As is I feel no desire to drop my R93, even if the Car-4 is dumb and op. The ability to just ignore tan body armor and murder specials in no time is just kind of addicting.

Cheston posted:

Woah, the difference between 13 visibility and 7 visibility is huge. I feel like I can just sprint around maps now and never get noticed.

Visibility doesn't change how far away people can spot you from.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

You could just use a laser sight.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Illegal Carrot posted:

Are the defensive upgrades even useful on them? I've never seen a sentry die before, only run out of ammo, but the health, rotation speed, and shield upgrades are 19 points total. The accuracy upgrade is another 4 points, but I'm not sure if that's even be worth grabbing either. 17 points for just the offensive upgrades seems like it might be worth it.

The sentry has no armor penetration, so the more heavily armored targets like tans and shields render all those upgrades worthless.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

oohhboy posted:

Don't forget you can trade them for your jailed team mates.

Joker cops can't be traded.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Are you planning on bringing doc bags or ammo bags for most missions?

as for the 3 points, I'd say ace die hard.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Psion posted:

I almost always bring ammo. Double doc bags are for situations when nobody else can bring them/enough to get me to T6 and let me take inspire.

I'd say just do this then. Eek out that one more point for cleaner basic.

If you are the only on your team that can bring med bags, then find some way to ace combat doctor. That's just my view on it though so whatever the gently caress you want.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Don't worry, you still looked cooler than Hoxton there.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Is he a good player: Yes/No

Is he a good team player: Yes/No

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Psion posted:

Imagine a level 5 ghost and a level 21 enforcer trying to hold at the vault doors on Big Bank while a teammate saws open boxes, which one goes down first?

It's all about context.

Depends on which one is better at not getting shot.

I've been a masterghost since launch, so I like having dodge, but the best survival tactic is just staying out of the line of fire whenever possible.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Musluk posted:

I want this in-game right now.

ovkil pls

That's basically the launch Mosconi, so it was ingame! It was too good for this world.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Daryl Surat posted:

NOT ANYMORE. This guy's mod ups it to 10 minutes.\

I love it. Though how did he get his laser to be purple? That just an option I never noticed ingame?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Travic posted:

No, I've never seen the infinite ammo skill before.

Bulletstorm is must have even if it isn't the sperg choice.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Jewelry store is easier to control no matter the difficulty.

also smaller map makes package finding easier.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tulip posted:

I think my record stands at like 30s for Ukrainian job, it's insane.

There's a reason there's a cheevo for it, though back in the day you didn't have to deal with titan safes.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Coolguye posted:

That said, a few guys and I managed to get our Ukrainian Job Death Wish stripes by using my silent drill in the back, without ever alerting the front of the jewelry store. You wouldn't have been able to do that with a noisy drill. So it is occasionally useful.

Civvies can't hear drills. I forget if they can even see them.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shadow Raid is pretty funny when you're unlocking doors because whoever you're playing will scream out that they've done so.

That was the best part of that update.

maketakunai posted:

Goons told you a thing, indeed. From what I heard, if you have the Joker health bonus, their health will be too high for the pig to kill 'em. Other than that, Jokering's how I got mine.

Move a civvie or two under where the pig lands. Cops will beeline straight to them. Also no penalty for killing civvies with the pig.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

NeoSeeker posted:

Is joker as awesome a skill as it sounds?

Stockholm syndrome sounds awesome as well. Still, joker does at least provide a meat shield to draw attention away. don't bother acing it unless you don't want to put the points anywhere else. The jokered cop is only there to die.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

C.M. Kruger posted:

Considering that the FBI was protecting a drug cartel, half the cops in DC are probably crooked enough to have Crimenet accounts. Presumably the shouting down/jokering involves a bunch of masonic hand signals to get Bain their account information.

Dark truth of the game. You are the Gensec.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

djw175 posted:

We're gonna steal the grand prize. The presidency.

"Bad news, guys. Looks like another crew beat us to it."

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There are two doors into that camera room? :psyduck:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fellis posted:

Big bank is worth the money just for War Face, which is the best mask. I don't think I've seen a bad War Face to be honest

It's not the best mask, but it goes well with all those lovely patterns that've built up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alteisen posted:

This game has lore?

Mostly fanmade that Overkill kinda shrugged and said sure at.

Check out the christmas soundtrack for more fun and old hox singing.

• Locked thread