Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
There's a mistake in the OP. It's the Chimano Custom, not the Chimano 88 that's the best handgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I can't wait for the Striker to be OP as gently caress even though the gun is a legendary hunk of garbage in real life.

A bit off topic, but why is the gun poo poo in real life?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
HoxHud is cool and fun and has made me enjoy Payday 2 significantly more than I did without it. The people who complain about it ruining their non-competitive co-op experience are babies and you shouldn't talk to them.

Anyways, those FRAG-12 rounds are gonna end up killing so many civies. :allears:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The alternate ammo types are pretty disappointing. Frag rounds give you too little ammo to be practical, slug rounds have no actual range, flechette rounds fill an unneeded role (at least in my opinion). The 000 Buck is the only good one, but of course it's the most vanilla.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I did Shadow Raid on every difficulty last night with a few friends in descending order (i.e. DW to Hard) for our difficulty masks. Ended up getting the mechanics down pat pretty well.

If you're clearing it for XP having a full group with jammers is really nice, since if you only have a couple of bags left and you know where they should be by process of elimination, you can rush the remainder easily.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The Striker manages to be a great alternative to the Loco. As long as you're consistent about headshots, you can clear rooms really drat quickly.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The shotguns are all good additions, the masks and melee weapons are hilarious (two of them are, date I say, actually practical), but the ammo types are iffy. 000 Buckshot is useful for hitting damage thresholds. Frag rounds are good for stun locking Dozers and groups of enemies but awful at actually killing. Slugs are good for close range shield murder and nothing else. Flechettes are mostly bad, but a straight upgrade under select setups.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Framing Frame Day is much, much harder to stealth than Shadow Raid. FF Day 3 and ED Day 2 are both far more RNG dependent than any of the other heists, for that reason alone they tend to be much harder. Even BO day 1 is easier once you have a crew that knows what they're doing.

On the note of Big Oil, how do you stealth Day 1 anyways? Seems like as soon as someone see you you're done.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

So uhh, don't use pocohud?

I just installed it and it wouldn't let me launch the game anymore

Worked fine for me, although I had to edit my PD2Hook.yml file to account for GoonHUD, HoxHUD free respecs, and PocoHUD.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Does anyone have a chart of the old XP and Cash values to compare to the new values?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Akimbo would almost certainly be a Tier 6 skill. Assuming this isn't a load of poo poo, I'm hoping the skill works something like this:

- The basic skill just lets you dual wield pistols
- The aced skill lets you dual wield sub-machine guns OR increases your reserve ammo pool
- Hip fire only, but with a basic zoom like the LMGs
- Reload length is doubled (Gunslinger can undo this for pistols)

It probably won't end up being a particularly practical skill, but gently caress if it wouldn't be fun.

Also what the gently caress would Prison Wife equate to as a skill. :stare:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The last time I used Pirate Perfection (ages ago), I noticed that it gave access to the debug menu. In that menu was a traditional server browser that worked exactly like the one from Payday 1. That browser works miles better than the crime.net interface for finding games when I originally tried it out. Is it possible to make a mod that just adds in that one feature?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Here's a (partial) leak of the #FreeHoxton video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkRWMqkw8F4

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
PAYDAY: The Vyse group is now temporarily open to the public. As long as you're a member of the group, you get access to an exclusive set of masks in Payday 1.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PayVyse

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Hey Wilko, would it possible to tweak the behavior of the increased enemy spawns to only spawn extra regular cops and not specials? All the extra cannon fodder is fun, but having 10 cloakers jump kicking around in the madness kinda kills the buzz of 30-in-1 GL40 shots.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I made a point to go through and rename every single gun in my armory to their real-life equivalents. It's me, I'm the :spergin:.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

Hox and Pocohud lack one thing that makes them inherently useless and awful.

Infinite dead cops.

Pocohud has a corpse delimiter built in.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Has anyone figured out the most optimal use for the keycards on Day 2 of the breakout heist? My group primarily used them to shut the doors into the office and that worked out alright.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The +15 damage boost isn't applying to any of my akimbo pistols. :(

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
So yeah just to confirm, Akimbo Berettas are only hitting 34 damage with Silent Killer + Gunslinger, while a lone Beretta is hitting 44 damage with the same exact setup.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

Have they said yet if the lowered application of Gunslinger to akimbo weapons is them being retarded with a coding mistake or them being much more retarded with a deliberate choice?

Considering the bonus is all over the board and that the skill tree description STILL says "50% damage", It's safe to call it a bug. There are already two threads in the bug report forum (one of them mine), you guys should post in them to get Overkill's attention.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The Mosin's higher fire rate over the R93 is just barely high enough to be noticeable, and I found myself killing cops a lot faster as a result.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

Okay, yeah, just tested and pistol skills are broken all over the place. My pair of Berettas are doing 30 damage, which should be higher, and my Desert Eagle is doing 95 damage, which should be much lower. The akimbos do seem to be getting the faster reload from Gunslinger, though, so what the gently caress. It doesn't look like Leadership is working corretly with the akimbos either, but I don't recall my exact stabilities from before the patch so I have nothing to back that up.

Edit: I'm almost always wrong on maths so I imagine I butchered all of this

The akimbo pistols are getting the full bonuses from Equilibrium, Leadership, and Pistol Messiah as far as I can tell. They are only getting Gunslinger basic correctly. The numbers for Aced are all over the goddamn board.

With Gunslinger Aced + Silent Killer Aced, the Akimbo Berettas should be on par with a properly modded M4A1, if not outright better in all respects besides long range shooting.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Roman Reigns posted:

akimbo 1911s

That's already in the game. :v:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
gently caress the Lay On Hands achievement in PDTH. :suicide:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I doubt that HB will get nerfed, considering the original payout increase was meet with open arms by the community. Lowering it would only get a negative reaction from everyone.

Doctor Shitfaced fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 18, 2014

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Clover's voice acting is really good and her pack is totally worth $5.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

lmao

we still got issued those stupid handguards (for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, look at the rails on the CAR, then look at the same part of the weapon on the AMCAR. that giant ribbed section on the AMCAR is a handguard to keep you from burning your fingers off on the barrel, and are now obsolete, and have been for ages) on our M16's when I went to basic training. that was the last time I ever used one, though I did see national guardsmen using them years later in 2010.

putting them on and taking them off is an exercise in turning your fingers into mincemeat, they don't vent at all so the uncovered parts of the rifle will still get hot enough to cook your flesh, you can't mount anything on them so good luck shooting at night, and they just look goofy

:spergin:

The design of the AMCAR, actually a Colt Model 733, is paying homage to Heat:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Heat#Colt_Model_733

Hence the silly hand-guard. Honestly I'm surprised every single firearm from Heat doesn't show up in Payday.

EDIT: Actually, taking a second look at IMFDB, every assault rifle in Heat does show up in Payday 2. Not the exact models, but roughly aesthetically the same.

Doctor Shitfaced fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 10, 2015

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Hey Wilko, are you gonna be able to push out a GoonMod update today?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I'm about to ding 100 and want to play around with an akimbo dodge build, because Jacket looks way better without armor on. Any suggested builds? I have no tier reduction bonuses, which probably matters a bit.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
If you REALLY want to get serious about package hunting, consult this guide:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247135116

And grab this cheaty mod:

http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=187

Alternatively, just treat the whole thing like an Easter Egg hunt during break times on heists.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Using package graphic mods to get more gagecoins is kind of silly when you can pretty easily change files in goonmod to make each completed package award an arbitrarily large amount of coins.

True. It's extremely easy to just bypass the item system entirely and give yourself 99 of everything in game.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I just tried a dodge build for the first time tonight and holy gently caress. :boom:

Dodge is love, dodge is life.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

/PAYDAY 2/GoonBase/mods/gage_coins.lua

This is probably the line you want:

code:
ExtendedInv:AddItem(GageCoins.CoinID, 1)
Or just use Pirate Perfection like everyone else.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

weekly font posted:

I'm still new to figuring out builds. Right now I'm mostly Ghost Riding with the Rogue deck but my favorite guns are the AK and Chicago Typewriter and that feels incorrect. What kind of build should I be going for if I want to run and gun and pop helmets all day?

With proper mods the AK is actually on par with a properly modded CAR-4, aka the boring but most powerful gun. The CT is considered outclassed by the Patchett L2A1 (again, with mods), but in reality there's no wrong answer on what guns to use. If you're killing dudes and helping your crew out, you're doing fine.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Unbearable posted:

Is there still some easy way to cheat some offshore cash? I finally hit level 100 but I don't have even close to enough offshore left because I gambled it all away. I'd rather start working on a new infamy instead of grinding cash for hours.

Download Pirate Perfection and give yourself the dosh you need.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
RPG + The new shotgun with HE slugs + Aced Shotgun Impact + Overkill Basic = Raw Sex

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Is no one allowed to be disappointed? I'm not constantly saying OVERSHILL and posting a big ascii middle finger, I'm saying that the event has been a let down and everything new they've added has been a disappointment because it either doesn't work or is implemented poorly. Bonnie and the shotgun are cool though, so there's that?

Most people seem pretty pleased with Cook Off, the redone Train Heist, and Bonnie. Pretty silly to call the whole thing a wash.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
http://imgur.com/RT0rE26

This was found when digging around on the BBQ site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I haven't played Payday 2 that much since the Hoxton's Revenge heist went live. Have there been any sweeping balance changes since then? How's the new XP system? Better or worse? I seem to recall Cook Off being the new king of XP with the revised system.

Also, is GoonMod still being actively developed?

• Locked thread