Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Let's go stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

Josh Gorges was just traded to Buffalo for a 2nd-round pick. Josh Gorges would rather go to Buffalo than Toronto.

Someone told him about Ithaca.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I love Josh "gently caress Toronto, I'm never going there" Gorges.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Leafs make their requisite dumb move, which is thankfully small in magnitude - D'Amigo and a conditional 7th to Columbus to get back Matt Frattin.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The deal would just be a "who cares" kind of move except you know that Leafs management is hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with Frattin again like they did during the 2013 Nazem Kadri PDO Experience.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

The deal would just be a "who cares" kind of move except you know that Leafs management is hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with Frattin again like they did during the 2013 Nazem Kadri PDO Experience.

Yeah like they're both fringey two-way wingers but D'Amigo is younger and can maybe be slightly better, and the Leafs are throwing in a pick for the privilege. The deal on the whole is too small to care much about, but it's the same bad method as always.

Duckforce Alpha
May 23, 2006
D:
Wrong thread derp.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
drat did I ever misjudge what Murray could get back in a Spezza trade.

Hope Chiasson's ready to be judged for every tiny little mistake he ever makes

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the other thread moves too fast so I expect one of you to summarize everything for me later, thanks

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

canuckanese posted:

the other thread moves too fast so I expect one of you to summarize everything for me later, thanks

You can just look at the OP of the FAF thread. Things are updated and summarized there pretty well thanks to Hand Knit.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
so i guess the isles aren't signing another LW and i guess the rangers aren't either :sigh:

e: wrong thread but whatever

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Rotten Cookies posted:

You can just look at the OP of the FAF thread. Things are updated and summarized there pretty well thanks to Hand Knit.

yeah I've been doing that and periodically refreshing this page: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=25880

highly recommend for you slow people like me

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

We still don't know where Brian Boyle or Anton Stralman are going, the day is not yet lost!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Goodbye Iginla :(

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Fateo McMurray posted:

Goodbye Iginla :(

Iggy rules but I don't really care that he's gone, to be honest. For 5.5 a season Colorado can have him.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
career PPG player and the center piece of the trade is Alex Chiasson lmao

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Well, at least we know Iggy isnt Cup chasing since he picked Colorado. :v:

e: Oh poo poo, I need a new av now too I guess. Bye Vanek, it was fun while it lasted.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

What the gently caress is that Spezza trade? Good job running the guy out of town and getting that back in return, you fuckin idiots

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Suddenly the central is getting really stacked with talented players.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Red Red Blue posted:

What the gently caress is that Spezza trade? Good job running the guy out of town and getting that back in return, you fuckin idiots

Chiasson is a solid 14-15 minute a night player. Guptill is a decent prospect. Not sure about Nick Paul, he's still 4+ years away probably.

Obviously Dallas needs to sign Spezza to a reasonable extension to get their value out of the deal, but taking him and Ales Hemsky onboard gives the Stars that talented forward depth which was their biggest shortcoming last year.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I don't like Chiasson at all. He's negative possession wise, didn't score at a good rate 5 on 5, didn't have good numbers when he was in the AHL, has a lot of hype because of 2 hot streaks when there was a lot of nothing surrounding it, and while he's young he's not young enough that he's going to improve by leaps and bounds. Guptill is doing ok numbers in college but seems very low ceiling. Paul isn't doing much in the OHL and doesn't seem like filler.

Absolutely despite that trade, and I did not have any hopes going in. This team is going nowhere as long as Melnyk's twisted heart still beats.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Can any Minny fans here tell me about Stoner? How are his numbers?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its really funny that the west just got like, even more betterer than the east

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Well, at least we know Iggy isnt Cup chasing since he picked Colorado. :v:

e: Oh poo poo, I need a new av now too I guess. Bye Vanek, it was fun while it lasted.

Did RC ever change his avatar?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
save us Curtis Lazar

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

Did RC ever change his avatar?

No. Shame too since that one tofes(?) made for him was actually pretty drat funny.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

No. Shame too since that one tofes(?) made for him was actually pretty drat funny.

I made one with his face and a traffic cone but I don't remember tofes'

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

I still don't get the Erhoff buyout, but i like the Sabres moves today. Hopefully it puts the whole HFboard "hurf durf we should tank on purpose, if we don't get mcdavid the rebuild was a failure" mentallity to rest. Between all the prospects we already had getting experience last year plus Reinhart i think we'll be alright.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

techno allah posted:

I still don't get the Erhoff buyout, but i like the Sabres moves today. Hopefully it puts the whole HFboard "hurf durf we should tank on purpose, if we don't get mcdavid the rebuild was a failure" mentallity to rest. Between all the prospects we already had getting experience last year plus Reinhart i think we'll be alright.
Your team desperately needs McDavid. As does ours.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

techno allah posted:

I figure they know they won't be good in the near term but think they might be in a few years so really wanted to avoid having his recapture penalties hit them right when they get competitive.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Austrian mook posted:

Kind of surprised he got the payday he got but good for him. He was usually on the 3rd defensive pairing and they used him because of his size. You're not getting this guy for his offensive touch. I double checked his stats and yeah, he's a guy who was seeing about 10-15 minutes a game and in 227 regular season games on Minnesota he has four goals.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Austrian mook posted:

On a bad possession team he managed to make the team worse when he was on the ice. He essentially only made the team out of necessity, because the Wild's defensive depth is pretty bad and is only now starting to improve, and even then he got scratched a fair amount. He is almost 30 and is very likely to get worse before he gets any better. What you want is for him to play third pairing minutes and hopefully not gently caress up too much.

One time he killed a bear and decapitated it so he could have a bear head for his wall or whatever, and he pissed off a bunch of indians because he just left the carcass there to rot.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

So that's pretty well it except for Grabo. Who wins the day? I'm thinkin Dallas by a pretty large margin.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Scaramouche posted:

So that's pretty well it except for Grabo. Who wins the day? I'm thinkin Dallas by a pretty large margin.

There's still several interesting free agents out there besides Grabovski. Vrbata, Niskanen, Legwand, and Setoguchi off the top of my head.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Tampa Bay signed Mike "Mike Blunden" Blunden? I guess the Lightning are going by the "if you can't beat them,become them take from them their most meaningless" mantra.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

I'm still holding out. I will wear it for at least 6 months when I get it. None of them scream the perfect Handzus. Ya know?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Scaramouche posted:

I think Brooks Orpik won.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Rotten Cookies posted:

I think Brooks Orpik won.

Brooks Orpik, Dallas, Tampa Bay if I had to put em' on a podium.

If Cole or Gonchar get dealt move em' to first.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What do the Stars' lines probably look like after the Spezza/Hemsky acquisitions in regard to where those two fit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

DOOMocrat posted:

Brooks Orpik, Dallas, Tampa Bay if I had to put em' on a podium.

If Cole or Gonchar get dealt move em' to first.

Matt Niskanen's the new winner.

• Locked thread