Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Has a great player been traded for anything close to his value recently? Seguin for Eriksson is the only example I can think of, b/c Neal, Spezza, and Iginla have all been traded for much less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
That trade return is poo poo, no one on this team has any loving plan besides "save money", it will take 5-10 years before we get a centre close to what Spezza gave us, when Ryan leaves Turris will be the second highest paid Senator at 3.5 million a year

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

Has a great player been traded for anything close to his value recently? Seguin for Eriksson is the only example I can think of, b/c Neal, Spezza, and Iginla have all been traded for much less.
Do you consider Vanek or Miller to be great players?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Oh great, here's the sad show they've forced Ron Maclean into semi-retirement to host.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ladies & gentlemen the st. louis blues have entered the dave bolland race

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OK, Raonic did his thing, now time for FRENZY!

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
go hard at bolland, blues. ignore stastny.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Aye Doc posted:

ladies & gentlemen the st. louis blues have entered the dave bolland race

"poo poo we lost out on Spezza. Oh well, Bolland is close enough right?"

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Renaud Lavoie: 2 teams in the running for Dave Bolland are the Panthers and the Blues.

Hope the Blues get their man :ninja:

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Good job Ottawa. As my one Sens fan friend said, a jock strap filled with poo poo might as well have been sent their way

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

There is a non-zero chance Chiasson continues his rise and gets more consistent. I just wouldn't have put my money on it, despite really liking the kid.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Do you consider Vanek or Miller to be great players?

I do, or rather, the perception is that they are great players. Either way, I knew I was forgetting about other big names getting traded.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
God, gently caress Doug Armstrong if he signs Dave Bolland.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
If someone has to pay Derek Morris like $5mil to hit the cap floor today I'll be so happy.

DOOMocrat posted:

There is a non-zero chance Chiasson continues his rise and gets more consistent. I just wouldn't have put my money on it, despite really liking the kid.
The only thing that grows in Ottawa is despair. He's doomed. Dooooooomed :doom:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Does anyone have a TSN stream address for FA? You can't just watch the TSN feed anymore without having to log in to a Bell or Rogers account :(

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

deafmute posted:

If someone has to pay Derek Morris like $5mil to hit the cap floor today I'll be so happy.

So will Derek Morris

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Does anyone have a TSN stream address for FA? You can't just watch the TSN feed anymore without having to log in to a Bell or Rogers account :(

http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/tsn-live-stream stream 1 is what i am watching

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

So according to TSN, Gio might not come back?

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??
Can anyone recommend a radio station I can listen/stream via my iPhone? Stuck at work and it's kinda hard to follow twitter updates

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gently caress Eugene Melnyk's stupid ugly face and hair ferociously until the end of time.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

flakeloaf posted:

gently caress Eugene Melnyk's stupid ugly face and hair ferociously until the end of time.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Rangers need a third line center, is Dave Bolland available?

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

yellowcar posted:

So according to TSN, Gio might not come back?

Yeah that's been the news on Twitter this morning. No contract, 4 teams looking at him supposedly. Bring in Moulson!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Zodijackylite posted:

I know you're joking but speaking of third line centers I wouldn't be upset if the Rangers signed Perrault

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Zodijackylite posted:

oh gently caress right off

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Sabres plan: Let the veterans walk, fill the cupboard with young talent and then tank for McDavid. Win Stanley Cup in 5 years.
Senators plan: Expunge the team with all its talent except for Karlsson and then tank for McDavid. Continue to be horrible because two players can't win poo poo.

Sorry Sens fans. You deserve better.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Why do we hate Dave Bolland?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bewbies posted:

because he sucks poo poo and his asking price is 6-7 years for 5 million per

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I'm sitting in my boxers with a bunch of lovely beer on hand. T-minus two minutes motherfuckers.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

quote:

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 4m

Hearing WASH to make a hard run at Brooks Orpik...CAL, COL, FLA also there

Kill me now.

Also this tweet:

quote:

mc79hockey ‏@mc79hockey 2m

Real murderer's row of teams after Orpik.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Alex Guptill is a good prospect with solid 50-60 point potential. He's real creative offensively, but has some issues with his fitness level and work ethic that you would expect to get sorted out with a couple years of professional hockey.

Chiasson has a bad year, but he'll be a good 2nd/3rd line player. It was kind of anticipated that he would be the major piece in any trade the Stars made, because he's kind of the odd man out on the roster with some top prospects pushing for the top 6 winger spots, and some more effective players holding down the 3rd line right now.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
The NHL would like to remind you that we are contractually obligated to term today "Signing Season", not "Free Agent Frenzy". That term doesn't exist.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
OH GOD I'M NOT READY

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Mind_Taker posted:

Kill me now.

hahaha

I can only imagine a defense with Orpik and Erskine on it

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

IT IS NOON :siren:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Not a countdown to the frenzy, just a listing of the dollar values of the 4 year contract Sather is gonna give Dan Boyle.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

giant wet fart noise

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

he couldnt score with sharp and kane on his wings and he wants like 2x jeff finger money

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Levitate posted:

hahaha

I can only imagine a defense with Orpik and Erskine on it

I mean Orpik, if paid to be a 3rd pairing defender, is probably fine. But he's going to get first pairing dollars from WSH and it is going to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

bewbies posted:

i don't have any feelings one way or the other for him. i do think it's pretty dumb how highly he's valued though.

• Locked thread