Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

anne frank fanfic posted:

Wow, do I smell a bitches in this thrad? You know you're in war deployment right? And your bitching out about a shoulder tear, a meniscus pull? gently caress off. You're in the forward operating environment and kids over their are DYING every day. Everyone at every level is giving you a chance to show your BALL SACK and volunteer to stay, that's what every kid ever did when they got hurt over there. But I guess you're big bad "hurt shouldy" man, like a little bitch, and want to get out of Afghanistan as fast as possible, dumb peace loving hippy-nic. Fine, go, but don't be surprised when Talibant win.

can you make prospector come back too please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

BY ORDER OF THE: BRIGADE CSM

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
That's a very 82nd thing. Are they gonna have someone checking boots? Because it'll probably be some joes from the infantry battalions stationed at the doors every day.

And when the BRIGADE CSM finds out they don't give a poo poo and don't enforce it he'll make them do it in full kit.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

AIRBOOOOOO-OOOOO-O-O-O-ORNE

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Cole posted:

That's a very 82nd thing. Are they gonna have someone checking boots? Because it'll probably be some joes from the infantry battalions stationed at the doors every day.

And when the BRIGADE CSM finds out they don't give a poo poo and don't enforce it he'll make them do it in full kit.

it's CAB so there will definitely be a cook there eying everyone's feet as they enter their ssn, standards are serious business in bragg's best dfac!!!

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I need to make a shirt that says 'IAW AR 670-1', get really fat, and sit out in front of the PX laughing at people.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
I'm sure the pilots in that Brigade will pay attention.

e: "By order of ...senior NCO" always pisses me off. What exactly gives you command authority bub? Oh right, I do.

http://strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/parameters/Articles/1988/1988%20bahnsen%20bradin.pdf

Written by a CSM in the 80s, sounds like it was written yesterday.

Paradise Lost fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 1, 2014

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Painsaw posted:

I need to make a shirt that says 'IAW AR 670-1', get really fat, and sit out in front of the PX laughing at people.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Paradise Lost posted:

e: "By order of ...senior NCO" always pisses me off. What exactly gives you command authority bub? Oh right, I do.

http://strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/parameters/Articles/1988/1988%20bahnsen%20bradin.pdf

Written by a CSM in the 80s, sounds like it was written yesterday.

A good read

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Painsaw posted:

brains
May 12, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

it's CAB so there will definitely be a cook there eying everyone's feet as they enter their ssn, standards are serious business in bragg's best dfac!!!

lmao, the only thing in the army more ridiculous than the 82nd is the 82nd CAB staff that think they are loving card carrying airborne hooah rangers personified.

edit:
i've said it before and i'll say it again: save the army millions of dollars, get rid of the E-9 position.

brains fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 1, 2014

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

Painsaw posted:

I need to make a shirt that says 'IAW AR 670-1', get really fat and laugh at people.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

Sheeeeeit. The MI Dfac was better, and it was on the way to work. Did they bulldoze the DFAC on the-base-formerly-known-as-Pope? That place was the poo poo if you beat traffic.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Carteret posted:

Sheeeeeit. The MI Dfac was better, and it was on the way to work. Did they bulldoze the DFAC on the-base-formerly-known-as-Pope? That place was the poo poo if you beat traffic.

I always went to the Pope DFAC because you didn't have to worry about being randomly screamed at by some E7 about whatever. Also retards bused your table for you. One time they took my buddies full tray right after he sat down and threw it all out, that was awesome. Womac was a decent DFAC to, lots of nurses to awkwardly hit on. The DFAC next to my barracks was trash because the CA AIT kids used it so the line would be six years long.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Why the gently caress is your pc on the loving table soldier jesus christ who is your loving first line?!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

gleep gloop posted:

I always went to the Pope DFAC because you didn't have to worry about being randomly screamed at by some E7 about whatever. Also retards bused your table for you. One time they took my buddies full tray right after he sat down and threw it all out, that was awesome. Womac was a decent DFAC to, lots of nurses to awkwardly hit on. The DFAC next to my barracks was trash because the CA AIT kids used it so the line would be six years long.

I loved the Skilcraft DFAC employees. The best part was your mealcard gave you Carte Blanche to order whatever the gently caress you wanted, as much as you wanted.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Justin Tyme posted:

Last I heard orders are not something an NCO can give but I don't know the reg that says this hth

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Zeris posted:

Last I heard orders are not something an NCO can give but I don't know the reg that says this hth

Because "per guidance of senior enlisted king dick" or "pretty please with cherries on top" doesn't let him stroke his ego/hate boner.

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

Makes me think off the "Keep off of the Grass" signs CSM Brassfield had posted around the BDE headquarters when I was there, only way more hooah. Never change, Aviation. Never change.

That brigade isn't on jump status, last I knew, so they have to get their Airborne points elsewhere.

Paradise Lost posted:

Helicopter pilots are, in all seriousness, some of the biggest assholes on the face of the planet.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Aviation senior NCOs are the worst. Points for 15 series are always rediculously high, ensuring only the cocksuckiest of the cocksuckers make it to the top.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

THIS JUST IN

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140731/NEWS07/307310083/Army-announces-rollout-date-new-camo

the army tabloids never lies

right guys

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
shut up boot

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Mike-o posted:

shut up boot

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
I'm out in six months, enjoy buying your new uniforms guys.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nerato posted:

Makes me think off the "Keep off of the Grass" signs CSM Brassfield had posted around the BDE headquarters when I was there, only way more hooah. Never change, Aviation. Never change.

That brigade isn't on jump status, last I knew, so they have to get their Airborne points elsewhere.

Helicopter pilots are, in all seriousness, some of the biggest assholes on the face of the planet.

Hahaha I remember those signs, we used to run by them all the time on that sidewalk that went from 3BCT all the way through CAB on to mod village and around the lake. That sad looking little patch with the "BY ORDER OF THE BRIGADE CSM ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONNEL ON THIS GRASS" like it was a HUGE loving holy poo poo alert the President deal.

The closure of the Pope dfac was a drat shame; self-serve everything that isn't meat so you could load the gently caress up on rice/pasta and vegetables and it actually staffed civilians so the food was really dece for Army standards. I don't think they had retard bussers when I was there, though- everyone bussed their own poo poo. But this was like 1 year immediately prior to the closure.

Mod village dfac was the poo poo too, they actually cooked FOOD, like not Army food but cater-quality poo poo same with the hospital and Iron Mike at the soldier support center. Pretty sure they closed too because gently caress quality food we need money to jump at least ten times a year!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Hey that's my picture! :haw:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
I think CSMs are the only people who think CSMs should exist. It's like some kind of CSM Industrial Complex.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

I think csms should have to fight each other in bare knuckle cage matches to determine who will be the next SMA

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Anansi The Spider posted:

I think csms should have to fight each other in bare knuckle cage matches to determine who will be the next SMA

You've seen, like 1. Ever.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
How do you ignore someone using awful app? Anansi is just not funny anymore, and by my calculations probably never will be again.

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

Anansi was never funny, and by my calculations probably never will be.

FTFY

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Doesn't help me find the ignore button, pal.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Obama Africanus posted:

How do you ignore someone using awful app? Anansi is just not funny anymore, and by my calculations probably never will be again.

You just need to promote him to the GIP SF Recondo Team leader and send him into D&D to terrorize the peace-loving folks who rail against the military-industrial complex. It's a suicide mission.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Oh score, he's ignored. Sweet.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Catching up on this thread almost made me miss being in for like a second. Something special about the army that breeds the best stupid stories.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Obama Africanus posted:

Oh score, he's ignored. Sweet.

Ayep. I'll take him off for the eevntual meltdown. Until then he's the glue eating kid in class who doesn't realize he's not funny or wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Being Combat Arms in "peacetime" is a fate worse than death imo.

• Locked thread