Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey just don't be fat? The requirements are pretty loving lax dude

Don't give me that "taping is inaccurate you see my neck and this and that"

They're just fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Christoff posted:

Hey just don't be fat? The requirements are pretty loving lax dude

Don't give me that "taping is inaccurate you see my neck and this and that"

They're just fat

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
wish i could bring a camera in to snap a picture of the fuckin sea buoy that blimps around the hallways at work. would definitely be a major loss (heh) if they got rid of him

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I am going to stick by the eye test. So guys who the 'rope-and-choke- don't work for end up getting gently caress by BCA standards and not having the old out of just doing well on the PFA and no one gives a poo poo. He's basically got zero percent chance for Chief now because our CFL, who was a JO who's a ragging oval office who didn't give a poo poo about Sailors even she commissioned as an E-5, either couldn't fudge a single percentage point or probably incorrectly measured him since she got relieved of her CFL duties.

All I am saying is there is a difference between being a fat rear end and being Navy fat.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

I am going to stick by the eye test. So guys who the 'rope-and-choke- don't work for end up getting gently caress by BCA standards and not having the old out of just doing well on the PFA and no one gives a poo poo. He's basically got zero percent chance for Chief now because our CFL, who was a JO who's a ragging oval office who didn't give a poo poo about Sailors even she commissioned as an E-5, either couldn't fudge a single percentage point or probably incorrectly measured him since she got relieved of her CFL duties.

All I am saying is there is a difference between being a fat rear end and being Navy fat.

hooyah

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm no old salt but I've never seen someone fail who honestly legitimately shouldn't have.

22% body fat lol

gently caress 'em

I've seen 250+ lb bodybuilder dudes pass just fine

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Christoff posted:

I'm no old salt but I've never seen someone fail who honestly legitimately shouldn't have.

22% body fat lol

gently caress 'em

Anecdotal evidence trumps everything.

I've seen dudes a few pounds over fail tape because they just have weird loving hips or something.

My anecdotal evidence trumps yours??????

Edit: Also seen loving obese shitlords pass somehow. Our command started doing monthly weigh ins because we got an enormous fatass new check in who should legitimately fail and yet somehow made it through the taping at the instructor school. :iiam:

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 1, 2014

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

pyf navy blimps

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

PneumonicBook posted:

Anecdotal evidence trumps everything.

I've seen dudes a few pounds over fail tape because they just have weird loving hips or something.

My anecdotal evidence trumps yours??????

Edit: Also seen loving obese shitlords pass somehow. Our command started doing monthly weigh ins because we got an enormous fatass new check in who should legitimately fail and yet somehow made it through the taping at the instructor school. :iiam:

Poor tubbos

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

There are people that should probably fail for real; I guess I just don't see it as a huge deal unlike a swole HM or some poo poo.

You should see one of the civilians cruise books we have at work from the 70's, the crossing the line baby was loving enormous. We can't ahve that anymore because of navy fitness or whatever. Think of the (shellback) babies.

Actually I guess it is a big deal when you have enormous fat fucks teaching A school and people are thinking it's totes okay to not fit through a hatch or something.

I don't know this is hard for me to process in my feels because it doesn't affect me.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The solution is having a Chief as CFL as the Goat Locker knows best :chiefsay: next question before August hits?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

The solution is having a Chief as CFL as the Goat Locker knows best :chiefsay: next question before August hits?

Our Chief CFL was pretty funny. Our CFLs would fail a guy and call him and he'd be all "I don't know send him in and I'll tape him..." and mysteriously our command had 0 body fat failures.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Our Chief CFL was pretty funny. Our CFLs would fail a guy and call him and he'd be all "I don't know send him in and I'll tape him..." and mysteriously our command had 0 body fat failures.

Yeah, almost as though a system where people know when people are fatty fat and just fat fats. I know that must be shocking to those that just think Chiefs are there to gently caress blue shirts.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Christoff posted:

22% body fat lol

gently caress 'em

Aren't you a green-side corpsman?

Needs of the Navy, both in terms of body image and physical capability, and in technical knowhow and experience, differ when you're talking between some guy running around in full kit with the Marines and hauling their wounded carcass back to a distant LZ, or when you're a nuke in a boomer doing 4 knots to nowhere for 80 days straight. Or any variety of other situations.

We go over this every few months and on the one hand the Navy wants everyone to look like Cuba Gooding, on the other it wants to put guys short-cycled on 8+ month deployments short manpower, and on heavy in-port shift work and vicious duty rotation, and just magically expects to get both. And then it still ends up with fat useless sacks of poo poo all over the place.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
http://www.navytimes.com/article/20140723/NEWS/307230055/Enlisted-women-serve-attack-submarines-after-2020

I read this and the question that kept popping to mind was "What the gently caress for???" I can almost guarantee the Navy can't get the female recruitment numbers it needs to pull this off, and you'll end up with empty racks in whatever the VA equivalent of 9-man is while males still hotrack in the equivalent of aft berthing.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Aren't you a green-side corpsman?

Needs of the Navy, both in terms of body image and physical capability, and in technical knowhow and experience, differ when you're talking between some guy running around in full kit with the Marines and hauling their wounded carcass back to a distant LZ, or when you're a nuke in a boomer doing 4 knots to nowhere for 80 days straight. Or any variety of other situations.

We go over this every few months and on the one hand the Navy wants everyone to look like Cuba Gooding, on the other it wants to put guys short-cycled on 8+ month deployments short manpower, and on heavy in-port shift work and vicious duty rotation, and just magically expects to get both. And then it still ends up with fat useless sacks of poo poo all over the place.

7/10 guys I work with are well within standards and AMAZING technicians. Too bad they're civilians now and the Active Duty guys on ships are fat and dumb.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Was on a Navy base with fat Navy dudes for a while and a ship with (surprise) fat Navy dudes and worked with said Navy dudes

Most greenside Corpsmen are fat worthless fucks anyways

I do feel for the guys that legit work long hard hours and just don't have the time and are forced into a lovely diet and especially sub dudes

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20140723/NEWS/307230055/Enlisted-women-serve-attack-submarines-after-2020

I read this and the question that kept popping to mind was "What the gently caress for???" I can almost guarantee the Navy can't get the female recruitment numbers it needs to pull this off, and you'll end up with empty racks in whatever the VA equivalent of 9-man is while males still hotrack in the equivalent of aft berthing.

Enlisted women are only 17% of the Navy. Most of those are very junior first termers. This will not go well. I am too old to volunteer, and not dumb enough.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Submariners already sexually harass each other. I can only imagine what will happen when women are introduced to the mix.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mad Dragon posted:

Submariners already sexually harass each other. I can only imagine what will happen when women are introduced to the mix.

If LA boats are still around when they put enlisted women on board the towed array handling room and CSES will be the sex shacks.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Christoff posted:

Was on a Navy base with fat Navy dudes for a while and a ship with (surprise) fat Navy dudes and worked with said Navy dudes

Most greenside Corpsmen are fat worthless fucks anyways

I do feel for the guys that legit work long hard hours and just don't have the time and are forced into a lovely diet and especially sub dudes

Oh is it PRT chat time again? I'm not a big fan of the rope and choke but most of the people that can't pass it are genuinely fat. I'm in the small percentage of people that could potentially get hosed by it but somehow I manage to make it every time. I also have some sympathy for the sub guys but I'm assuming their COs make liberal use of the DEP/OP code to waive the PRT during the deployments. Sub guys is this true or not? I know their schedules even when not deployed are pretty grueling but the PRT instruction is pretty clear on the requirement to provide a certain amount of time per week for PT.

Anyone know the status of the new PRT that was being tested a few years back? I thought there were some good changes in there.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Holy poo poo it would be nice if someone made an august Navy thread.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Holy poo poo it would be nice if someone made an august Navy thread. :chiefsay:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654693&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BZ, Yardarm Friday, have a great weekend.

• Locked thread