Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Viper_3000 posted:

The next question is going to be why are you going to the dealer for an alignment. So why are you going to a dealer for an alignment?

The burning question of the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Took you long enough, it's been July for 16 hours already!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Ooh that reminds me, I have to pay the mortgage. Wish I could have that check as a car payment. drat, I'd be rollin.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You know, I think I eat far too many of my after work lunches at Taco Bell. That being said, holy poo poo the new Quesarito is pretty loving good.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Let's discuss the difficulties about writing for a character like Superman.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
REEEEEEEEEEED ROCKETyummmmmmmm

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phone posted:

You keep that poo poo out of here.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have a car and it goes brrrrmm brrrrmm and I like to use the horn on it all the time :q:

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

13 INCH DICK posted:

REEEEEEEEEEED ROCKETyummmmmmmm

ew.

So my long-term plan is to keep my 4Runner going long enough that it will be my daughter's first car (she is 5 right now). It currently has 233k miles, so I figure it will have well over 400k by the time she turns 16. I told her my plan and she's already turning her nose up at the idea. "But the truck is old now. Won't it be too old then?" Hopefully, in the coming years, I can help her develop a borderline unhealthy emotional attachment to that truck, just like her dad has :3:.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
My girlfriend's '01 Subaru Forester is just a jankheep. I just replaced the front rotors and pads, and noticed the half-shaft was dead. All four shocks are dead and one spring is showing some worrying signs of penetrative rust. The automatic trans shifts worryingly hard despite having fresh fluid and the engine has developed worrying, clattering noise I initially thought was a loose heatshield but I haven't been able to pin down. All the window and door seals have perished and the clearcoast is mostly stripped away, with rust spots peeking out on the edges of some of the sheet metal.

Try to keep it running, with no garage access; or convince her to start trying to somehow find a replacement?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tell her that it's a shitheap, acquire it for free/cheap, give to me.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Sigma X posted:

Try to keep it running, with no garage access; or convince her to start trying to somehow find a replacement?

Put it on junkyard life support. No parts over $100 unless they're from the scrappers. Drive it until it's unsafe.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

T1g4h posted:

You know, I think I eat far too many of my after work lunches at Taco Bell. That being said, holy poo poo the new Quesarito is pretty loving good.

I want one, but that poo poo is 650 calories.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If you're going to Taco Bell and counting calories you're doing it wrong.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

13 INCH DICK posted:

If you're going to Taco Bell and counting calories you're doing it wrong.

Quotin' this. There once was a time when I could put back 2 5 layer burritos and not even flinch. If I counted the number of calories i've consumed from that place throughout the years, I'd be a very depressed man :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

T1g4h posted:

Quotin' this. There once was a time when I could put back 2 5 layer burritos and not even flinch. If I counted the number of calories i've consumed from that place throughout the years, I'd be a very depressed man :v:

When I was 18 I could put down 3 double Whoppers without breaking a sweat. Just the thought of doing that today makes me sick to my stomach.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

If you're going to Taco Bell you're doing it wrong.

That's better

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Two five-layer burritos is easy. Still bad for you, but easy.

Three whoppers? I'm having a difficult time imagining. The thing about Taco Bell is that everything is made out of the same stuff. They have six ingredients, and it seems that in-house meal designers were told to go wild with them. Hence a quesadilla/burrito hybrid.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Sigma X posted:

My girlfriend's '01 Subaru Forester is just a jankheep. I just replaced the front rotors and pads, and noticed the half-shaft was dead. All four shocks are dead and one spring is showing some worrying signs of penetrative rust. The automatic trans shifts worryingly hard despite having fresh fluid and the engine has developed worrying, clattering noise I initially thought was a loose heatshield but I haven't been able to pin down. All the window and door seals have perished and the clearcoast is mostly stripped away, with rust spots peeking out on the edges of some of the sheet metal.

Well...Can she afford a replacement car?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

Three whoppers? I'm having a difficult time imagining. The thing about Taco Bell is that everything is made out of the same stuff. They have six ingredients, and it seems that in-house meal designers were told to go wild with them. Hence a quesadilla/burrito hybrid.

My metabolism was insane back then. My ability to consume fries was something of a local legend in 1997.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

See, you say that, but I have a hard time putting away the second one. I think i'm going soft in my old age, even one of those fuckers will fill me up. That being said, worst habit I used to have was eating 2 Double Downs and chugging one of those 24oz cans of Monster. It's a wonder i'm still alive.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What is a double down?

e: oh god

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

T1g4h posted:

See, you say that, but I have a hard time putting away the second one. I think i'm going soft in my old age, even one of those fuckers will fill me up. That being said, worst habit I used to have was eating 2 Double Downs and chugging one of those 24oz cans of Monster. It's a wonder i'm still alive.

I'm still this person. One of favorite meals is to go to Qudoba and get a burrito + Chips/queso combo, and wash it down with a whatever the largest sized cup at the Circle K is of Code Red. I'm 21 and apparently have the worlds greatest metabolism, cause I'm somehow not heavier than my car.

E.: Just looked that up, that's like 1750+ calories without the drink. :newlol:

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 2, 2014

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

T1g4h posted:

But are you still alive? What if this was all purgatory/transition to the afterlife...~~~~

Edit: about four years ago I'd have 2 full throttles as a "treat" for myself on Friday mornings. When you feel the heart palpitations is when you were having a good time.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I'm essentially the skinniest that I've been in my life, at least in terms of BMI. I'm still 230 lbs and 5' 11" :smithicide:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

What is a double down?

I really want of these, but I just can't muster the courage.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm 25 and my metabolism is still really quick. If I don't watch what I eat, I can eat half or an entire large pizza in one sitting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sinestro posted:

I'm essentially the skinniest that I've been in my life, at least in terms of BMI. I'm still 230 lbs and 5' 11" :smithicide:

Come on dude, you can do this! Get skinny!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geirskogul posted:

What is a double down?

When you get right down to it, a double down is just a southern-style Chicken Cordon Bleu.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I ate two burritos from chipotle for dinner tonight but then I'm liable to go 24 hours without eating anything which I understand is terribly unhealthy but I'm not fat (the opposite really) so it's hard to give a poo poo

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fucknag posted:

When you get right down to it, a double down is just a southern-style Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Even by fast food standards it's oversalted though, and the sauce is disgusting. It was an awesome idea that was executed poorly.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

ssjonizuka posted:

But are you still alive? What if this was all purgatory/transition to the afterlife...~~~~

Edit: about four years ago I'd have 2 full throttles as a "treat" for myself on Friday mornings. When you feel the heart palpitations is when you were having a good time.

Jesus Christ :stare: Even just drinking a whole one of those makes me feel like I can see through time. You must have kidneys of steel.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's 97 in Portland OR right now. It was 57 and raining last week. At least my FD has AC, too bad our old house does not.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

rscott posted:

I ate two burritos from chipotle for dinner tonight but then I'm liable to go 24 hours without eating anything which I understand is terribly unhealthy but I'm not fat (the opposite really) so it's hard to give a poo poo

It's impossible to OD from weed. It's completely possible to smoke so much weed that you die from excess Chipotle consumption, though.

*looks up when chipotle closes*

the spyder posted:

It's 97 in Portland OR right now. It was 57 and raining last week. At least my FD has AC, too bad our old house does not.

Does your garage have AC? Can you run ice water through your garage floor? Problem solved?

Sidenote: I talked to Fritz Flynn this weekend. He said he wouldn't mind if you were closer. :P

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

ssjonizuka posted:

Another of the many things that's broken about me: I love the taste of (most) energy drinks but don't need the actual energy boost. Not the super-sweet grape/orange/coffee flavors but the standard battery acid monsters and red bulls. And I hate soda. I don't know what the gently caress.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

Hell yeah! So glad our weather is back to good! Bent knuckle be damned, I topped up the charge on my car and now it blows icy fuckin cold, like I'm running my seat heaters cold. I love portland.

To answer question from previous month's thread: it's a b5.5 passat, the manual calls for a special tools to set camber and poo poo, and since I just got done replacing my subframe I figured I should have the dealer do it. That being said, since I used VW tool 3393 to install the subframe, they didn't need to adjust the camber :-/. When I swap my bent knuckle out I'm gonna set toe with the string method and see where I go. The dealer scratched the poo poo outta my freshly painted hood :grr:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Oh gently caress... E34 540I popped up next to me, for the low low price of 1500. Like I need another oil leaker. I'm on my way to being Rhyno or Holdbrooks with the multiple cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Oh gently caress... E34 540I popped up next to me, for the low low price of 1500. Like I need another oil leaker. I'm on my way to being Rhyno or Holdbrooks with the multiple cars.

One of us...one of us...

I'm putting a shitload of stuff on ebay this week, gonna try to knock the principle on the Miata loan down at least a grand by the end of July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Phone posted:

Holy poo poo I just realized somebody has to try and make Superman interesting :stare:

• Locked thread