Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
for me it was batman forever. this loving game required you to use the grappling hook to get further in the first level, but required performing some arcane button combination like select+up. couldn't press them at the same time, either, it was on some kind of weird delay. i got the game from a garage sale without the instruction manual, and this was before the internet was really i thing so i basically never got to see more than the first 15 seconds of the game.

what games confused you with their wiles as a kid?

edit:whoa, i am a colossal moron. meant to post this in imp zone. do whatever you need to do with this, mods.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I will say that I'm pretty sure when I played Super Metroid I never fell prey to the infamous Noob Bridge (bridge leading to red brinstar you had to dash across) or the dreaded Noob Tube (glass tube leading to maridia you need to power bomb) as a child. Watching the attract mode definitely helped with that though.

Never managed to see the end of Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Super Star, though.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 2, 2014

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Renegret posted:

Was that a Game Boy game?

I was in a similar situation, I somehow got my hands on some Game Boy batman game as a kid and I just could not figure how to get out of the first room in the game. I did have the instruction manual, and it was useless.

No, this was on SNES. Although there was a gameboy version of Batman Forever, so it may have had a similar issue. I've never played the gameboy version though.

• Locked thread