Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sorry about the :effort: in this OP. I only just got into the game and wanted to discuss it with others. I'll have it updated as discussion picks up and I become a little more knowledgeable about the game.

Xenonauts is a strategy game in which you control a multinational military organization defending a Cold War-era Earth from alien invasion, using small squads of persistent soldiers to eliminate the extraterrestrials and recover their technology in turn-based ground combat. A detailed strategic layer allows you to co-ordinate the defense of the planet, using your interceptors to shoot down UFOs and researching captured artifacts to learn about your foes and unlock new combat equipment to use on your missions. Xenonauts is heavily inspired by the XCOM Series.

You can pick it up on Steam or their Official Site.

Plot

quote:

1 October, 1979: Unidentified forces presumed of extraterrestrial origin arrive in Earth orbit. Panic spreads globally when attempts at communication fail and initial attempts to repel the invaders are met with heavy losses and little success. The only successful interception occurs over the Baltic sea, conducted by modified interceptors which prove at least partially resistant to extraterrestrial weaponry. A clandestine organization known only as the ‘Xenonauts’ claims responsibility, offering nations protection in exchange for funding and full freedom to operate within their territory and airspace.

For humanity, a glimmer of hope remains – if they can withstand the attacks long enough unravel the secrets of the alien aggressors, the Xenonauts may find yet a way to defeat the alien invasion. Should they fail, millions of years of human history will be brought to a close in mere months…

What mods should I get?

Reserved for mod recommendations.

Art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
There's already a thread up here.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pollyzoid posted:

There's already a thread up here.

Damnit. I thought search was working because it found results for Xenonauts, just not a thread.

• Locked thread