Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
And ordered something at the Vitamin Shoppe online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What was the number?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

vitamins?

chickenshit editing gently caress

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Maybe you have multiple personalities and the other you loves the vitamin shoppe.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

zoux posted:

What was the number?

I already ran it through an online checking service and it said "stolen"

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
maybe this is a sign from god that you should stop being a greasy fat slob

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

1gnoirents posted:

I already ran it through an online checking service and it said "stolen"

a lot of us work at financial institutions so might help to list it and let us double check

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

pm'd

I was thinking about posting it because I closed it immediately but that seems like a bad idea still even to me

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

please post the number here so we can let you know if we see it floating around anywhere. let us work for you

edit: forget it I got vitamins

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

op, you can have mine.

4589 7331 9974 7432
8/18

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

one time someone stole my credit card and used it to donate 300 dollars to charity

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cock hero flux posted:

one time someone stole my credit card and used it to donate 300 dollars to charity

does charity do anal?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

1gnoirents posted:

pm'd

I was thinking about posting it because I closed it immediately but that seems like a bad idea still even to me

for the love of god someone tell me that he actually pm'd someone with his card number

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000

Real hurthling! posted:

op, you can have mine.

4589 7331 9974 7432
8/18

American Express? Really? Nobody accepts AMEX online.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Ron Darling posted:

for the love of god someone tell me that he actually pm'd someone with his card number

im not paranoid like you people ARE trying to help sometimes

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

"Check card"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SopWATh posted:

American Express? Really? Nobody accepts AMEX online.

amex doesnt use 4 sets of 4 numbers.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i believe u op, cause goons definitely wouldn't be ordering vitamins or proteins cause they're fat. your bank should be able to realize this from your cheetos, anime, and fleshlight spending habbits that it is quite irregular, much like my bowel movement 37 minutes ago and posting

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

op, you can have mine.

4589 7331 9974 7432
8/18

DZ BANK AG, Visa, Germany, useless

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

somebody stole ops cuck card number

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

CloFan posted:

"Check card"

what would you call it *bristles*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

1gnoirents posted:

what would you call it *bristles*

Debit card?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Xaris posted:

Debit card?

this goes for you too !

check card is written bigger debit card is for small dicks

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
bank of america sends me a new visa/debit every couple months because they believe accounts have been compromised. now some online shops flag and reject my orders because i have changed my cc number in their system too many times. thanks for keeping me safe bank of america :patriot:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

1gnoirents posted:

this goes for you too !

i dunno i have two debit cards in front of me. one from a fire credit union that has DEBIT in big letters at the bottom left and no check card. another from umpqua and it does have "check card" at the top right and bold DEBIT at the bottom left but "check card" is in small print and harder to see. so the only consistent thing about them is they both have debit on them. maybe its a regional thing?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Xaris posted:

i dunno i have two debit cards in front of me. one from a fire credit union that has DEBIT in big letters at the bottom left and no check card. another from umpqua and it does have "check card" at the top right and bold DEBIT at the bottom but the check card is in small print and harder to see. so the only consistent thing about them is they both have debit on them. maybe its a regional thing?

my bank's region is the planet so can I win. I enjoy winning inconsequential arguments

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
I love how my credit card number is 8150 6300 2978 4431 and the expiration date is 11/15 and the security code is 671!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

1gnoirents posted:

this goes for you too !

I bet your card was stolen when you used it on a cheap hooker using square on her iphone.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

uG posted:

bank of america sends me a new visa/debit every couple months because they believe accounts have been compromised. now some online shops flag and reject my orders because i have changed my cc number in their system too many times. thanks for keeping me safe bank of america :patriot:

I had the same number for years and had it memorized and plugged into a bunch of accounts and the fuckers changed my number because they thought my account had been compromised. gently caress you B of A, I can't remember this new card number, just wait until I've been frauded and then send me a new card.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I've memorized this number for a long time too. Kind of sucks thinking about updating all that loving poo poo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

how did you even manage to get your number stolen with a debit card? if i pay online with my debit card everything goes through my bank and a secure connection, no one even sees my card number except the bank

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Probably the same way credit card information is stolen dude. It's like they don't even care it's a secure connection or something

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Real talk: you should never...ever....ever, ever, EVER use your check card (debit card in some regions) online. You should have a credit card solely for the purpose of making online purchases. The federal consumer protection offered from a credit card is greater than that from a debit card. Also, funds are not being directly withdrawn from your bank account and when it comes to credit card fraud your liability is limited to 50 dollars for any fraudulent use, whereas most debit cards will make you liable for all fraud if you fail to report it within 60 days.

Also if you have the option at point of sale, you should always select credit instead of entering your pin. This entitles you to the aforementioned federal credit consumer protection.

Whelp, cya.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I dont like the idea of money being directly removed from me fraudulently which is reason enough to use a credit card, but it's no longer unsafe like it used to be. For whatever reason the 60 day limit for federal law protection remains but if your bank is being gay about it, Visa has a separate zero liability policy on top of the very unlikely scenario your bank is just going to be like "woops too bad".

edit: nm even thats outdated, a bank cannot go woops too bad, at least in the same way a bank cannot go woops too bad over fraudulent credit charges (as in they might still try and gently caress you, but its not legal to). At least within the time limits

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 2, 2014

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Someone onced used my card in Bulgaria.

I've never been there.

I was a victim of a fake ATM (skimmer). :(

Scary stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
did you post an ama about getting a credit card?

• Locked thread