Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
We deploy in the lower right, yes? How long would it take to get HMGs and/or ATs to that center extension of forest south of the fourth ford from the left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
So our ORBAT looks like this, then?

1st Battalion (Rifle 44)
Headquarters Team (BATTALION COMMANDER--dtkozl)

1st Company
Headquarters Team (COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk?)
Sniper Team (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER)
1st Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--dublish?)
2nd Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--RedFlag?)
3rd Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--AceBuckeye13)
Machine Gun section (Maxim M1910) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk)
Machine Gun Team (Maxim HMG) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk)
Antitank gun Team (76mm Antitank gun) (SUPPORT COMMANDER)
Truck (Studebaker) (SUBORDINATE TO SUPPORT COMMANDER)

Mortar Platoon [Medium] (4x82mm Mortars, BM-43) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER 1 tatankatonk?)
Mortar Platoon [Medium] (4x82mm Mortars, BM-43) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER 2 Herp Derp?)

2nd Company (Submachinegun Company '43)
Headquarters Team (COMPANY COMMANDER--Herp Derp?)
1st Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--brakeless?)
2nd Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--RedLobster)
3rd Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--Willie Tomg)
Machine Gun Team (Maxim HMG) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER--Herp Derp)
Antitank gun Team (76mm Antitank gun ) (SUPPORT COMMANDER)

Tank Regiment (Cavalry)
3rd Platoon (Tank)
HQ Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER)
1st Light Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER--duckfoot)
2nd Light Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER)

Infantry Gun Battery (light)
4 x 76mm Infantry Gun (OB-25) (SUBORDINATE TO BATTALION COMMANDER--dtkozl)

Tank Regiment (Heavy)
2nd Platoon (Tank, Heavy)
HQ Heavy Tank (IS-2 (mid)) (COMPANY COMMANDER--HIGH COMMAND FOR ALL TANK UNITS--The Merry Marauder)
1st Heavy Tank (IS-2 (mid)) (TANK COMMANDER--Asehujiko?)

Additional Tanks
HQ Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Gamerofthegame?)
1st Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Krysmphoenix)
2nd Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Grumio)

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 2, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Krysmphoenix posted:

Going through the manual and pulling out the heavy weapons / vehicles that I could find. Here, have a quick reference.

Thanks a bunch, Krysmphoenix! If you still have time, could you also call up a T-34/85 statline? I'm guessing it's "mid" or "model 1944" like our IS-2s.

EDIT: Oh, wait, that's a German AT gun. Is the Russian version the same?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Krysmphoenix posted:

Page 54 of the manual (28 of the pdf) gives me three T-34-85's. M1943, M1944 Early and M1944 Late. Not sure which one to nab for you guys.

(When did we get these tanks? Didn't see them in the OP.)

dtkozl posted:

So we will need 3 company commanders, one of whom is comfortable with tanks. The two infantry companies will need 3 platoon leaders and 1 support goon commanding a gun and a truck. The rest will be 3 t-34s, 3 t-70s, and 1 IS-2 who will be semi broken up to support the different axes of attack, etc. Feel free to volunteer for positions, I will try and respect the sheet but I don't care if you suddenly want to move or whatever this is like taking penalty kicks I want confidence man I've been watching too much soccer.

(nb grey I just noticed you forgot the 3 t-34-85s in that list!)

So, yeah, we have more armor on the list.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

So our ORBAT looks like this, then?

1st Battalion (Rifle 44)
Headquarters Team (BATTALION COMMANDER--dtkozl)

1st Company
Headquarters Team (COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk)
Sniper Team (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk)
1st Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--dublish)
2nd Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--RedFlag)
3rd Platoon (3 squads infantry, 1 sniper team, 1 scout team, 1 flamethrower team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--AceBuckeye13)
Machine Gun section (Maxim M1910) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk)
Machine Gun Team (Maxim HMG) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER--tatankatonk)
Antitank gun Team (76mm Antitank gun) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--Hob Gadling)

Mortar Platoon [Medium] (4x82mm Mortars, BM-43) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER 1 tatankatonk)
Mortar Platoon [Medium] (4x82mm Mortars, BM-43) (SUBORDINATE TO COMPANY COMMANDER 2 Herp Derp)

2nd Company (Submachinegun Company '43)
Headquarters Team (COMPANY COMMANDER--Herp Derp)
1st Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--brakeless)
2nd Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--RedLobster)
3rd Platoon (3 SMG squads, 1 Tank Hunter team) (PLATOON COMMANDER--Willie Tomg)
Antitank gun Team (76mm Antitank gun) (SUPPORT COMMANDER--uPen)

Tank Regiment (Cavalry)
3rd Platoon (Tank)
HQ Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER--Jaguars!)
1st Light Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER--duckfoot)
2nd Light Tank (T-70M (M1943)) (TANK COMMANDER--Simplefish)

Infantry Gun Battery (light)
4 x 76mm Infantry Gun (OB-25) (SUBORDINATE TO BATTALION COMMANDER--dtkozl)

Tank Regiment (Heavy)
2nd Platoon (Tank, Heavy)
HQ Heavy Tank (IS-2 (mid)) (COMPANY COMMANDER--HIGH COMMAND FOR ALL TANK UNITS--The Merry Marauder)
1st Heavy Tank (IS-2 (mid)) (TANK COMMANDER--Asehujiko?)

Additional Tanks
HQ Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Gamerofthegame?)
1st Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Krysmphoenix)
2nd Medium Tank (T-34-85) (TANK COMMANDER--Grumio)

I've kind of lost track of who else has signed on. And I don't have a unit. Oh well. Dtkozl, how's this ORBAT look? Do you want to split off MG sections or mortar batteries for additional commanders?

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 3, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Jaguars! posted:

Well, I might as well grab the last T-70. If you put your name down for a tank in the original google documnent, post here and I'll step aside.

Edit: Agh, missed last post. I'll take the billet with the AT gun as per Davin's post

T-70's yours, since you expressed a preference just now and uPen didn't.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, I don't want to be under Herp Derp. I'll switch to 1st Company's open HMG.

Oh, and Jaguars! said he wanted a T-70 and uPen hasn't expressed a preference. So if you want to switch them, go ahead.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

dtkozl posted:

We will name points of interest on the map after pokemon. This came from Stalin, he is a huge fan.

Name Russian/Soviet side points of interest Ursaring, Snorlax, Beartic for major ones; Teddiursa, Munchlax, Cubchoo for minor ones.

Name German side points of interest Rattata, Zigzagoon, Patrat for major ones; Pidgey, Taillow, and Hoothoot for minor ones.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

We could always go the alphabetical route. Abra, Bagon, Chansey, Ditto, Ekans...

...Flygon, Golem, Haunter, Ivysaur, Jumpluff, Koffing, Lapras, Moltres, Natu, Onix, Pikachu...that's actually probably a better idea.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

dtkozl posted:

Oh! Companies 1 and 2 your trucks can hold your HMGs in them too! Or 1 HMG and YOU. Exciting!

Oh, really? That makes my order easy, then! Get the Maxim in the truck and wait for dismount orders from the Company CO!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

uPen posted:

You're just trying to get me killed, I understand.

T-70 vs a 37mm cannon, shaded areas are angles and distances which could result in penetration of the armor.

:stare:

Just to confirm, 37mm is, like, the WEAKEST possible strength for a dedicated German anti-armor gun, right?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Whoops. I was originally assuming that they'd be under the control of the AT Gun commander, since I thought shifting those suckers around would be their main use.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Unbuttoned means the commander has his head sticking out the top. It gives better vision but worse vulnerability.

1st Company HMG Section #2

Deploy on the Studebaker. Await dismount orders.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe this could work out for the best? The Germans see the stuck T-34, think it's an easy kill, send up something to kill it, and it gets blown away by the IS-2s?

(And if you want to remain in the fight, Krysm, we can switch if you want. I'd be happy to go Last Stand of the Stuck Tank.)

Anyway...

1st Company HMG Section #2

Await dismount orders, I guess.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

tatankatonk posted:

1st Company, we still have to wait for 2 Co. to pass fully before we start fording, so this turn's orders will probably be sitting tight, sorry for the lack of excitement. Also, I read the manual and apparently pre-planned fire missions take 5 minutes? So those falling rounds are probably the Germans gaming the ford :shepface:

Wait what? Can we call in a mortar strike on their fords in retaliation, then?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

dublish posted:

I think our naval asset might as well be in the Baltic Sea. This is its view looking west/southwest along the river.

:sigh:

...I don't suppose this game models indirect fire with tanks, does it?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Boy, am I glad I'm not in 2nd Company :lol:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hey, that actually looks pretty decent. Especially if the range increases when the smoke clears. Get ready to blast them, Krysm!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Didn't somebody say that artillery hitting the fords would only cause one or two casualties at most? That seemed pretty drat effective.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Can we divert someone to screen that southern forest to make sure the southern contacts can't get through unspotted and without a fight?

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 12, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

This is why I didn't sign up for a command position.

Hang on, where's 1st Company's truck? Should I dismount to support the IS-2s?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Well then.

As before, hold tight for dismount orders. Pray to Bog or God or Stalin we don't get hit!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hey, Olaf!dtkozl, why don't you summon a Winter Fury in retaliation for the enemy artying our ford out of the fog of war?

(Also can someone relink the roll20 thing please?)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Have we made any decisions about where we want 1st Company's HMGs set up yet? It's hard to tell the good places to catch infantry and not get shot by tanks from the map.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Everyone, pray to Sta...um, Zhukov!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hob_Gadling posted:

Kaislic, Davin Valkri, what's the plan for your HMGs? After the AT gun has been dropped off the truck is at your disposal. I marked a few possible locations on the map.

I, uh, don't really have a plan for the HMGs. I'd been asking for some deployment suggestions, but they might have gotten lost in high-level chat. I'm happy to set up in a position to cover both the AT gun AND the center ford, if at all viable.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Yeah, we could probably get some extra screening troops in the forest area. At least a picket due east of OP Geodude or a squad to support the flamethrower or something.

Also, can I get a look at the view from the building east of OP Lapras, west of dzkotl's current position, looking towards Ford Lavender? I'm thinking I might set up my HMG there.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Everybody hug now! :glomp:

Okay, hug time over, war time now. I think this got lost in the kerfuffle, so I'll ask again. Someone with access to the map, what's a good spot near OP Lapras to set up an HMG to engage either Ford Lavender or the two German side fords?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Kaisloc, I had a chance to talk to Dublish on roll20, and he said their are two places where HMGs can do some good work to cover areas.

The first one in the north covers the area between OP Flygon and the orchard north of OP Igglybuff. The second one in the south covers Ford Lavender and Fort Cerulean pretty well. You have a preference for which one you want, or should I pick first?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

dtkozl posted:

Guys that is way too far forward for those mgs, you are slow and vulnerable and take like 2 minutes to setup, there are plenty of places a touch farther back that give you the same los with none of the risk.

Oh, there are? I don't have CM:RT so I can't load up the map myself, so I'm just going by what dublish is suggesting. Where would you put the HMGs? Did I at least get close with the placement?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

tatankatonk posted:

Davin, Kaislioc, I think he's referring to OP Lapras, which provides LOS into those fields to the southwest, and the building right to the northwest of OP Eevee, which provides LOS to the west and northwest.

like so:

dtkozl, Dublish, please confirm that these spots are okay. Once that's confirmed, I'll move my HMG to OP Lapras.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

1st Company, 2nd HMG Section

After Hob dismounts his AT gun, drive the truck along the road at best speed to OP Lapras. Dismount and set up on OP Lapras, facing southwest towards Fords Lavender and Cerulean. I believe Kaisloc will take the upper spot, the house north of OP Lapras, and face northeast towards the orchard southwest of OP Flygon, if he doesn't get a chance to post.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

dtkozl posted:

Fine I guess, coordinate with your company commander to make sure that is what he wants. Why are you avoiding the houses?

I'm not actively avoiding the houses. I just don't see any buildings near OP Lapras that give me the same line of sight. I wanted to set up in that one east of OP Lapras, but Dublish told me the LOS on that was garbage.

Tatankatonk, does setting up in the red positions good to you?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Where are we getting counts of 3 dead tanks? One Pz. IV near the river, one Panther west of the village, one ????

Oh, and for some reason 1st Co's HMGs came off the truck with the AT gun. We'll need to remount those to get to OP Lapras.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Orders unchanged, copy.

After Hob dismounts his AT gun, REMOUNT BOTH HMGS ON THE TRUCK and drive the truck along the road at best speed to OP Lapras. Dismount and set up on OP Lapras, facing southwest towards Fords Lavender and Cerulean (the lower red mark on this map). Kaisloc will dismount and set up in the building NW of OP Eevee, near the upper red mark. Once we've dismounted, the truck is on call for any infantry units that need a ride to their position--tatankatonk, keep us posted.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Now I wish we had some Katyushas to use.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Aaaah I thought we had an AT gun covering the rail line!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

dublish posted:

1st Company casualties are as follows:

1st Coy HQ: 1/5* (tiring)

1 Plt/HQ Sq: 0/12 (tiring)
1 Plt/2 Sq: 0/11 (ready)
1 Plt/3 Sq: 1/11 (tiring)
1 Plt/Scout: 1/3 (ready)

2 Plt/3 Sq: 2/11* (ready)

3 Plt/HQ Sq: 0/12 (tiring)
3 Plt/2 Sq: 0/11 (ready)
3 Plt/3 Sq: 2/11 (tired)

* denotes units which have lost their CO.

2 Platoon has 2 Squad, sniper team, flamethrower team, and spotter team north of the river. 1 Platoon has sniper team and flamethrower team north of the river. Tetrakarn's independent sniper team is also north of the river.

That seems...I dunno, 7 casualties out of ~70 doesn't seem so bad, but we've apparently lost tatankatonk?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

We haven't arrived, so our orders haven't changed, I don't think.

Drive the truck along the road at best speed to OP Lapras. Dismount and set up on OP Lapras, facing southwest towards Fords Lavender and Cerulean (the lower red mark on this map). Kaisloc will dismount and set up in the building NW of OP Eevee, near the upper red mark. Once we've dismounted, the truck is on call for any infantry units that need a ride to their position--tatankatonk, keep us posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Don't they have other tanks, though? Or are we assuming that the one tank north of Ford...Cerulean?...is their last one and is too far away to support the Panther?

• Locked thread