Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

To whoever is going to command those IS-2s, look after them like Stalin's corpse is going to rise up and skullfuck you if you get them blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Due to personal experiences I harbor illogical resentment towards things with tracks. Give me an SMG platoon, put me on point and I'll be good.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

I'd personally urge a double mortar smoke mission timed so we can rush mounted across the fields and over the Fritz. SMG infantry who wants to desant (hang on the loving tanks) welcome.

:getin:

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

1st platoon, 2nd SMG company

The platoon will deploy as follows:

AT team and 1st squad in the northernmost corner of the triangle, with 2nd and 3rd squad in the other corners.

The platoon will move as follows:

Yellow indicates quick movement, blue normal movement.

After reaching the objective north of OP Bulbasaur, the platoon will deploy as follows:

AT team and 1st squad in the structure ringed with red, 2nd squad and 3rd squad in the other rings, all units facing west.

(I didn't catch the scale of the map, so these orders will likely take more than 5 mins to carry out. They outline my intent for the first phase of the battle and will be amended as needed.)

Orders end.

To my fellow foot platoon leaders: I'm effectively calling dibs on crossing the ford first, so I'd appreciate it if the next platoon gives me a bit of a head start so we avoid bunching up per our commander's wishes.

To my CO: I think that running the men on quick pace all the way will tire them out pretty bad, so I put in some breathing opportunities while trying to preserve your intent of speedy movement.

brakeless fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 4, 2014

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Didn't see Willie's post, just a sec.

Altered orders for 1st platoon, 2nd SMG company

brakeless posted:

1st platoon, 2nd SMG company

The platoon will deploy as follows:

AT team and 1st squad in the northernmost corner of the triangle, with 2nd and 3rd squad in the other corners.

The platoon will move as follows, after holding position for 30 seconds:

Yellow indicates quick movement, blue normal movement.

After reaching the objective north of OP Bulbasaur, the platoon will deploy as follows:

AT team and 1st squad in the structure ringed with red, 2nd squad and 3rd squad in the other rings, all units facing west.

(I didn't catch the scale of the map, so these orders will likely take more than 5 mins to carry out. They outline my intent for the first phase of the battle and will be amended as needed.)

Orders end.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

Yeah, that's my general idea. Also holding up at the ford will give my tank hunters time to glass Diglett and Evee while resting up some while you proceed. I am expecting a Fun Time at the ford while hoping that doesn't happen.

If everyone (or just Herp or dkotzl) want me to graph out a plan for the entire phase 1, I'll write up the bits past that, but I can't imagine we'll move up there, move the trucks, scouts, and 2 SMG platoons in five minutes without it being a clusterfucky everyone-for-themselves mad dash.

Alright, I added a small pause to my movement at the start so we don't move as one big blob. You'll have time to set up at the ford.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

:frogsiren: 1st platoon, 2nd company is up for grabs.

I'm going on a two week trip and what I thought would be a reliable internet connection has turned out to be an empty dream, so I'll have to bow out.

Good luck you sons of bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Looking good, guys.

I don't know what that thing on the right is (shoeprint maybe?), but at first I read this as "foreskin by brakeless".

• Locked thread