Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I like Nuke because I've played it a million times and know it pretty well and it isn't too cluttered and is simple and fun. Also I can run around with a SMG and only be sort of useless instead of completely useless.

Dust II is cool until the AWPs come out, but I recently put a 20 cent sticker on a cheap scout skin a friend gave me so I am ready to get with some sick headshots :downsgun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

verbal enema posted:

what does this mean

The maps are CT favored more than usual. For instance getting 5~ rounds as T side on a map like Nuke is a great half.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

mcvey posted:

The maps are CT favored more than usual. For instance getting 5~ rounds as T side on a map like Nuke is a great half.

The problem with the Ts on that map is that they always try to walk it in.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Daeno posted:

The problem with the Ts on that map is that they always try to walk it in.

The problem with the Ts on that map is that they don't just try to drop into vents every round so it's over quickly.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there a list of a general consensus of which map is sided which way? And, ideally, why they're sided the way they are?

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Is there a list of a general consensus of which map is sided which way? And, ideally, why they're sided the way they are?

There's this from the csgo website. I'm not sure about any in depth essays about them.
Except for volcanoes blogpost about the train remake he attempted last year.

http://volcanotv.tumblr.com/

E: and this video about his nuke remake, which eventually just became the stock nuke.

Jellidelic fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 12, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jellidelic posted:

There's this from the csgo website. I'm not sure about any in depth essays about them.
Except for volcanoes blogpost about the train remake he attempted last year.

http://volcanotv.tumblr.com/
Holy poo poo, Aztec. Thanks though, this is good.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

From the HLTV.org stats(pro games):

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

verbal enema posted:

Oh well then I gotcha.

Are there any heatmaps for CS:GO?

http://blog.counter-strike.net/science/maps.html

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

of course a map being sided to a team depends on the players knowing why it's sided

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

mcvey posted:

From the HLTV.org stats(pro games):

http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=183&gameid=2 if you want the mouse over percentages (which are a bit further biased compared to the valve chart)

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I want to see a few pro games on aztec and dust 1 now.
Is that also why hostage rescue isn't played competitively? Like, do the CTs just get screwed over hard on ever map?

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Mymla posted:

Is that also why hostage rescue isn't played competitively? Like, do the CTs just get screwed over hard on ever map?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShqrUAN0Bg

That poo poo tho

E: Also hostage maps rely on AI which nobody wants to deal with competitively.
They had a great idea in having you carry the hostage over your shoulder, and only need to capture one hostage, so getting one of the two on the map back kinda simulated a reverse site take. It has the potential to work now but the damage is already done. The way things are now is the way for 10 years and they'll be like that for 10 more.

Jellidelic fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 12, 2014

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Heaton played from his fuckin heart man

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mymla posted:

You really don't.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ESEA had Aztec and Dust1 in the season 1 map pool if you can track down some of those demos/VODs.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

mcvey posted:

ESEA had Aztec and Dust1 in the season 1 map pool if you can track down some of those demos/VODs.

ooh that'd be fun

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I've improved so much over the last week I'm now Really Bad rather than Offensively Bad.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Overpass is slowly growing on me

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Orv posted:

You really don't.

I actually used to REALLY look forward to playing aztec in CAL matches. My first CAL-o playoff match in like 2002 (holy poo poo) was on aztec and we rocked the other team. I actually liked playing prodigy as well, so there's probably just something wrong with me.

Bonus CAL-o match screenshot from 2002, you had to take one at the end of each half because the server had no way of auto-switching players and remembering the scores. Also you only played 12 rounds per half instead of 15. Not uncommon to see 11-1 CT scores on aztec, it was even worse than nuke in that way. And the game looked terrible:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I really want a new prodigy in cs:go, that was a fun map.

Aztec is poo poo though, and always has been.

mliecah
Apr 17, 2011

bonerchamp

Apogee15 posted:

I really want a new prodigy in cs:go, that was a fun map.

Aztec is poo poo though, and always has been.

Prodigy was awesome. Camp in vents and pop out behind the Ts

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I really need to stop MMing with my silver ranked RL friends until I can buy a smurf account.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Amber Alert posted:

That earned me a few TKs and he'd abandon and rejoin to kill the bot every round.

That's a pro move goddamn

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

real dilemma posted:

I actually used to REALLY look forward to playing aztec in CAL matches. My first CAL-o playoff match in like 2002 (holy poo poo) was on aztec and we rocked the other team. I actually liked playing prodigy as well, so there's probably just something wrong with me.

Bonus CAL-o match screenshot from 2002, you had to take one at the end of each half because the server had no way of auto-switching players and remembering the scores. Also you only played 12 rounds per half instead of 15. Not uncommon to see 11-1 CT scores on aztec, it was even worse than nuke in that way. And the game looked terrible:

Ouch, right in the 'stalgia. Aztec doesn't need a comeback but Prodigy sure as poo poo does.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the goonpug plugin looks like its shat itself on the latest update. is this sourcemods problem (which just got updated to fix its own issues) or the plugins?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I forgot how loud 1.6 was, holy tits. There was a certain charm to it that GO just doesn't hit.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Spudd posted:

I forgot how loud 1.6 was, holy tits. There was a certain charm to it that GO just doesn't hit.

Yeah, nostalgia

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I started playing 1.6 11 years ago and like a lot of other college morons was super addicted and spent all my time in our clan server. I was there in the server 4 years later when it was finally unplugged with us all in there and it was a weird feeling. I don't know that I miss having a server to call home (sub.io) but it just seems more irrelevant now with the MM in CS:GO.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I only need a knife to top off my Stattrak collection. :swoon:
Soon I think I am starting the naming process for everyone.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 12, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

scuz posted:

Ouch, right in the 'stalgia. Aztec doesn't need a comeback but Prodigy sure as poo poo does.

I would play the gently caress out of Prodigy. That was my favourite map for all the wrong reasons. Mainly those occasional opportunities to completely circle around behind the enemy teams and destroy them in a sequential Deagle execution-style blowout.

I'd also love to see CS_Siege again, complete with APC... but that's just dreaming.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

The Flying Fish posted:

the goonpug plugin looks like its shat itself on the latest update. is this sourcemods problem (which just got updated to fix its own issues) or the plugins?

whoknew mentioned that the latest CSGO update broke metamod + SM so it's probably that.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

astr0man posted:

whoknew mentioned that the latest CSGO update broke metamod + SM so it's probably that.
The funny part is it actually only broke them for Linux servers. They were trying to push updates to get ready for a Linux launch, and somehow broke it on Linux, Windows servers running metamod/Sourcemod were fine.

Vahakyla posted:

I only need a knife to top off my Stattrak collection. :swoon:
Soon I think I am starting the naming process for everyone.
I'm only missing a few for StatTrak all, I'm missing like 5-6 weapons (ones I never use which is why I haven't bothered yet), but I DO have the ST Knife. :smug:

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
did anybody else use to watch frag vids on sourceradio, now themovievault? when i started getting into playing in CAL i would download tons of them, and now there are certain songs that just remind me of sick retakes & triple nade kills.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There's only one frag video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ylWONP4Y7A

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

If that's not the face of BummingDeath I don't know what is.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNjFWLIQcP0

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

If I didn't know better I'd say the lightning strike effect after the 2 hs on Aztec was added in post, what a masterpiece

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mliecah
Apr 17, 2011

bonerchamp

DarkDobe posted:

I would play the gently caress out of Prodigy. That was my favourite map for all the wrong reasons. Mainly those occasional opportunities to completely circle around behind the enemy teams and destroy them in a sequential Deagle execution-style blowout.

I'd also love to see CS_Siege again, complete with APC... but that's just dreaming.

They remade siege in an earlier operation actually, but it wasn't the same.

• Locked thread