Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I saw someone get one of those Bone Machine XM1014s in a Casual Match a few hours ago. Jokes regarding people's Well-Worn Bone Machine inbound, I suppose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I tried using the Tec-9 on a whim and it really surprised me, I was expecting a wimpy Glock clone. I've been on a Bizon kick too, being able to stick and move without worrying about ammo or headshots all the time is liberating.

Of course it all goes to poo poo when Dust II gets picked and it becomes AWPerstrike but what can you do.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Which skin collections are new and which are old? I saw the Cache collection is dropping awhile ago, but is that only for those pass holders? And also when do they plan to release a new set of items, I'd feel kind of dumb getting an Operation Breakout pass if it is just going to get replaced for a different one soonish.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So, next skin set will be zombie themed?

I wonder how much physics hilarity it will have, seeing as how the text and everything looks straight out of 1.6

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I just buy the cheapest skins using crate drop funds and try to find things I like out of them. I have an Urban Dashed Bizon and Sand Dune P250, both worn, that I think look pretty nice, especially compared to the ugliness that the Field-Tested P90 and AUG are. Those things really go from looking pretty nice to looking like utter dogshit after going down from Minimal Wear, meanwhile Field-Tested Contractor G3s and dualies look fantastic. It's probably the color/contrast choice or something; every time I looked at that Storm P90 I wanted to burn it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wow a new update guys let's discuss what's in it!

e:

Release Notes for 9/10/2014
10 SEP 2014 -

[ SYSTEMS ]
- Updated a large number of systems necessary for the Linux client.
[ MISC ]
- “kill” command is no longer possible in competitive matchmaking matches ( except during warmup ).
- Fix for CTs not speaking their radio lines when throwing an Incendiary grenade.
- Voice status text now shows the player location for teammates.
- Radio command location text is now colored in chat.
- Planted bomb status now displays for spectators.
- Improved some inventory, inspect and economy audio feedback.
[ OPERATION BREAKOUT ]
- Operation Breakout is on sale.
[ PERFORMANCE ]
- Improved performance when scoreboard is visible.
- Improved performance when spectator panel is visible.
- Improved performance in some cases where avatars and “Display” items are displayed.
[ MAPS ]
- Mist
– Various bug fixes.
- Insertion
– Fixed buyzone bug in competitive mode.
– Updated overview map.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thank god a friend talked me out of getting a Breakout pass, I'd have been sick if I bought one two hours ago and then this update hits and they're a dollar :v:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I got a mission reward from this breakout pass thing, Factory New Green Apple! :eyepop:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Something was weird with Valve's servers just recently, you couldn't buy Breakout passes from the store so people were selling them on the market for 2, 3 bucks. I managed to score one pass and sold it for 75 cents in profit.

Then I guess the servers got their rear in gear and like thirty guys bought 100 tickets hoping to sell them all at a profit and within minutes the number of passes on the market literally doubled and are at the at-cost level.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Do high-level players really like Overpass? I wound up in some seriously difficult matches with eagles and got murdered each time. I used to think I was okay at this game until I played 5 losing comp games filled with all sorts of toxic complaints.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I like Nuke because I've played it a million times and know it pretty well and it isn't too cluttered and is simple and fun. Also I can run around with a SMG and only be sort of useless instead of completely useless.

Dust II is cool until the AWPs come out, but I recently put a 20 cent sticker on a cheap scout skin a friend gave me so I am ready to get with some sick headshots :downsgun:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I've gone from scouring the Market looking for really cheap stattraks, to scouring the Market looking for really cheap stattracks with random stickers on them. Someone send help.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I picked up one of those passes the day it went on sale, I got 6 missions last week and got six crappy skins, and a operation breakout case, the latter I sold immediately for 82 cents, which pretty much covered the cost of the thing though by now you're looking at a lot less for them. Apparantly it will go on for around two more weeks or so.

As far as the missions go, I just sat around on an idle server for a bit and then bam, two more missions appeared.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Use the Zeus, sure you'll never kill more than one person but that one person's day is just ruined because they got tazed.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
drat, the Katowice stickers are expensive as hell. I bought a cheap five cent Nova skin that happened to have a Titan sticker on it and got curious because it looked nicer than the circles + logo for the Cologne set, and people are offering eight dollars per sticker :stare:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mymla posted:

The real answer is, use the one you have the prettiest skin for.

What a beauty :swoon:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo, I found out that the skins aren't necessarily the same, I was wondering why my old Corporal UMP looked spotless except for the magazine whereas the other one I got looked like rear end even though both were "Field Tested".

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Untrustable posted:

I finally felt accomplished in this game. I got called a hacker for going 40-14 in deathmatch using only the tec-9. That loving gun is like a headshot machine.

I like deathmatch a lot since you don't have to worry about a lot of mechanics and map layouts and objectives, you can just turn your brain off and shoot people. I do wish that I could get missions for weapons training, casual, or deathmatch instead of comp matches though, I feel like I always drag the team down in comp and yet I keep getting the drat things.

drat things don't even drop anything good either :argh:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rosh posted:

They can though. Got a factory new M4A1-S Knight on one of my mission completions.

It's that hope that keeps me playing them :allears:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

All my guns are now stickered somehow. I am happy.

e: Guess which stattrak has the most kills on it

It's the Tec-9 :ssh:

nftyw fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 22, 2014

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Click another couple of dials on that StatTrak Add-on Part: Kills stolen.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BenetTitan Nova :v:

I only have Sneaky Beaky on this SCAR-20. :( BRB killing myself

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Unused posted:

I put this sticker on all my guns, but it works best on this one.

Also the M4a1 guardian and the USP-s Guardian look sweet with the Katowice 2014 Titan sticker (nonfoil)

Someone put this up on the market for a dime and a penny, so why not. I like the contrast, some of those older stickers just blend in with the skin and you barely see it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

karl fungus posted:

I sold all of my Steam trading cards that I had no use for, so that I could buy a random 4-cent skin for every gun in the game. Please mock my choice.

That's pretty much what I did too when I decided to pick this back up after only buying it for the TF2 promo. Then I found out people sometimes sell skins with stickers on them for pennies over the lowest price. Now I have a bunch of cheap skins with stickers on them :buddy:

Also I had the opposite problem on Overpass, kept getting matched up with double AKs for missions and I know I am not that good. Allegedly got matched up with C9 smurfs when I tried for Insertion (and got owned)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I was wondering if that was true or not, then after a search found that Rising Skull Novas really are a little cheaper for StatTrak versions. I looked up what was next in rarity for the Winter Offensive crate series -- M4A1, AWP, P250, yeah, those are all guns that people really use, so I can see crafting to try for a shot at those. but on the other hand you could just buy the skins for several bucks, instead of spending six bucks for a chance to trade-in ten skins that will likely lose you money.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
For most people, it Barely Makes Cents

e: Maybe they should make it so you have a chance of getting a StatTrak gun when you trade up. Industrial Grade StatTraks start selling for more than Classified ones. Actually, nevermind, there are way too many cheap garbage skins and it won't make them any money.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 29, 2014

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Not enough customization, the transformation will only be complete when you can run around as Robocop, the A-Team and the Punisher.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I got one that someone stuck a Sneaky Beaky sticker on. It's the Sneakiest :3:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I honestly don't understand the whole banana thing.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If it will be like TF2, you will get a claim check from random drops that gives you a envelope that requires Industrial Strength Goo-Gone to open, and each envelope requires an entirely different type.

e: Really if that's not some kind of store design so you can buy whatever stickers from the main menu then I dunno. It could be that instead of sticker capsules they will make it so claim checks are random drops and give you a random sticker from the lot, but you can also just buy the stickers you want from the store, so if someone really wants to spend $20 on stickers right off the bat they can.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 1, 2014

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Just means that the common individual who presumed the things to cheaper/easier to get now have to wait longer for prices to drop, while the big whales with money to burn spend the money on them (which also gets the valve tax added so they make money off of that too).

If nothing else Valve might see this as a signal to start catering to :anime: fans and push out more.

fake edit: beaten so hard

e: Goddamn the prices on that sticker are still inflating. $7.39 atm.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 2, 2014

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Some people say that stickers ruin a skin and when I get a piece of work like this one, it's hard to argue.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I took a look at a youtube of the remodeled prodigy in CS:GO and was just tripping out, it's like "I remember this!" except it's so different now.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Valve should change the price of the Negev to $2000 and see what happens.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I keep getting random friend requests from people likely trying to rob my inventory. What a pain in the rear end, I have maybe five bucks worth of CS:GO stuff in the first place :v:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I usually have terrible luck, I ran by the case sims once in awhile to see how much money I could spend without getting a single red. Today I spent $30 or so and unboxed an AWP Aasimov.

... No, I'm not unboxing anything. Never!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
No lies I would go from playing off and on casually investing in cheap gun skins with stickers to all out jeepaholic if they did that.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Kawaii Killer is now starting at $14.00 :eyepop:

e: There's a Factory New Blue Laminate AK with one at a more reasonable four bucks :v:

nftyw fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oggumogoggum posted:

It's even worse because I am going to be all OCD about it and require everything to be Factory New and from the same one or two sets. Why did I start playing this game

When I realized that poo poo like stattrak MP9s were quite expensive to the point where you could get a StatTrak Bizon, UMP, Mac-10, MP7, MAG-7 and a Negev all for the same money, it kind of soured me on the whole collecting StatTrak sets thing. Eventually I realized I was hardly using my ST P90 and sold it.

e: Yeah it sucks that there are a lot of skins that have no StatTrak available.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 9, 2014

• Locked thread