Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Minorkos posted:

What if you can win 4v5 and the 3 people on your team are just being whiny babies

"welcome to matchmaking. get some friends"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Is there a section anywhere on setting up colours/graphics settings to make it easier to spot people? I often end up in a "where the christ was he?" situation after dying because he was blending in almost perfectly with a wicker basket/in bloom or similar.

VVV Thanks! Ugly as sin but I can see people now

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 24, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Someone talk to me about swings. I wanted to get MG2 this weekend, but ended up playing so badly I dropped down to Nova 3. Think I lost 15 games in a row or something, and I can't blame my team either because I was consistently one of the worst players even in the nova 3 games, then suddenly today I'm hitting everything again and trashing 2AK players. WHAT GIVES. And how do I avoid it happening again.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I've gone on longer gaming benders than 15 games over 3 days believe me. I basically just lost the ability to aim for the entire weekend.

inSTAALed posted:

Stop playing when this happens.

I usually quit after 2-3 losses and come back later with a clear mind, but that didn't work this time.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 4, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFLR3zFeec

I approve of both the message and the delivery here.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I get that DDoSing is done buy a 13 year old using Daddy's credit card to buy himself time on a botnet, but how does he get access to the specific players IP address? Are they available through the client or through an API? I've no idea how much ISP's charge for DDoS protection but you'd think it would be a must for any pro gamers.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Would a VPN not add an unacceptable level of latency?

Edit: Oh did you mean a VPN for whatever machine uses skype?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 11, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Throws aren't deliberate in this context.

Why does CS:GO shift the value of your bet after you've got your skins in already? That's pretty dodgy.

VVV Ah drat. I thought I was being clever by getting my money in early when I saw Titan could be going down.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 14, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I enjoyed that despite losing precious skins.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

Lmao, I somehow ranked down from a win due to Valve servers eating a competitive match. Epic.

You mean the game was nullified because of a cheat?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I don't like the CZ75 being so strong. I honestly think if you want that sort of killing power you should have to stretch a little more than $300. make it the most expensive pistol and fine.

e: or nerf it to pieces, either way.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Spudd posted:

Shox is gonna get knifed again, right?

so close.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

haha that kill.

e: not gif'ed yet? poor show cs thread.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Why are you not immediately closing twitch chat on every stream?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have skins on C9 but on the other hand it's always funny watching Scoots get sad about NA e-sports, hmm...

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

C9 falling to peices

e: now taping some of the peices back together again

e2: dropping the hastily taped together peices

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 16, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Spudd posted:

Man I wish I had the guts to bet anything but I am the worst betting person ever.

the trick is to not care about skins and just go for it.

which is why I have barely any skins left and they're all bet on NiP.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I might be a sadist, the pure agony on the Frenchies faces whenever they lose a round is hilarious to me.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

These Cobblestone deciders are like holding a demolition derby for F1 drivers.

Agreed, they are loving awesome.

Seriously, complaining that another team practiced a map more than you and that's unfair is a terrible excuse.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ephedra posted:

Played loving quake online via M-player.. Haha

I remember playing hldm right before I finally got cable Internet. I really liked the VIP hl poo poo whatever it was. (No, not cs vip maps)

That was a TFC map and yeah it was excellent. Endless fun being that guy that spent the entire map with a fully charged sniper rifle with the red dot hidden in the brake lights of the escape car until the VIP came along and then one shotting him :smug:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Just won a game on Mirage, my mission reward? Win 16 rounds on mirage.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I get quite bad screen tearing in CS:GO, despite having 250fps constantly in game. Is this likely to be a cause of my monitor, which is just an LG 60hz job not exactly optimised for gaming. Or is it the fact that I have a dual monitor setup? I've noticed that games on my housemates PC always appear smoother despite his system specs not being as good as mine.

Edit: I also got obscene screen tearing in Titanfall. The game was horribly optimised so everyone got a bit, but mine was actually unplayable.

Edit2: Turning on vsync adds horrendous input lag + still has screen tearing.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 20, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

App13 posted:

What rank? That happen to a guy I was just playing with

Nova 4, I'm a bad.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Cuntpunch posted:

If he's getting solid framerate>monitor refresh rate I really doubt 'tearing' is what he's experiencing. If he's thinking it's lovely monitor stuff, it's probably more a problem of ghosting? Ghosting sounds more correct based on him noting that things 'appear smoother'. lovely monitor g2g or response times could easily mean he's just seeing the effect of stuff kind of blurring across the screen.

In which case, yes, you can't fix that in drivers or settings, you'll need a better monitor. But to confirm this, what is the model of your monitor so we can look at specs?

I'm not sure what ghosting is in this context, basically when I move the mouse quickly I'll get lines, typically in the center of my screen, where the top half of the frame doesn't line up with the bottom half, only obviously it's happening at high speed. I always thought that was screen tearing. The monitor I'm playing on is using a VGA cable as I didn't have a spare HDMI cable, could that cause it? I tried disabling that monitor and solely using my other one which is DVI but the problem was just as noticable.

I'm wondering if I'm just hyper-sensitive to it or something. If I have to shell out a bit for a 120hz monitor then so be it, but I'd like to rule out everything else first.

I did check my graphics card (nVidia GTX 670) control panel settings but they all seemed fine, nothing abnormal.

Edit: apparently having FPS too high for the monitor can cause screen tearing too? perhaps that's it. I'll try limiting the FPS tomorrow.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 20, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Turns out that the special MM taser that makes a hooter sound and fires ribbons etc still actually does damage and you should not aim it at your teammates in the first second of a match and fire :(

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Doesn't kill in one shot at range though. Piece of poo poo.

It does, however, get you kicked immediately.

"Go Go Go"
*tooooooot*
*NtotheTC has left the game*

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm really not enjoying matchmaking right now. Dunno if it's the steam sale or my paranoia, but every game feels like it has an unranked person dropping 40k. Are there any euro goon-mans or something I can play in?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dota2 is objectively awful. The concept is all very good but the implementation is batshit insane, itemisation and the "meta" lead to the worst pro scene, literally impossible to follow if you don't have 1000 hours+ invested in the game.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Flying Fish posted:

bind [key] toggle voice_enable

play in bliss

is there a command to dislay a notification on screen in tandem with this so I can show whether voice is enabled/disabled?

edit: VVV Yes you loving satan.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 27, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

astr0man posted:

You could add an echo with some con_filter magic for when you toggle on and off like this guy does here for the damage notifications:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221277004

drat, this would be perfect if it was possible to put in a delay command in a macro, so I could delay turning off the developer var until after the message had had time to display on screen :(

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

astr0man posted:

If you don't care about anything else in console you can just leave developer 1 always on and con_filter out everything except for the damage reports and your own echoes.

Aye my worry is that I might occasionally want to see other console text. Having said that I could just bind another key to a script that sets/unsets all the con_filters and also turns developer on and off, and toggle that if I ever need to read something else in the console.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Xenaero posted:

At least we can still buy a Zeus in competitive. That is pretty cool.

Paving the way for stattrak zeus

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Going CT first on Nuke really is an advantage, the T side will never not meltdown and start TKing one another.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Is there a video of the Olofmeister moment? I don't think I actually saw it happen

VVV Is there some sort of video replay of your post? I don't think I actually saw it happen.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z2XeFj4Pmc

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 29, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Does that screen in the background say Half-life 3? He's such a troll.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Daeno posted:

We had a fun Deag League today where Fat Lou destroyed them so hard they lost every round afterwards.

Also, not the greatest ace but it was my first ESEA match, I really liked the server compared to MM.

What's the song in the first video? And so help me god if you say Darude - Sandstorm I will sit here patiently until someone says the real title.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Necc0 posted:

- at close quarters such as this you should try using your keyboard to aim. keep your crosshair at head level and run left/right to line up your shots, using your mouse for only slight adjustments.

For a second there I thought you meant use the keyboard to turn and was about to howl in disbelief.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

pliable posted:

I get "friend of the family" a lot, especially if a person really is black. Just the other night some dude told a black dude to go pick cotton, then immediately called him a "friend of the family".

It's absolutely insane how many epithets are thrown around in the game

Ohh okay, this completely explains why you are a loving idiot and think I'm referring to skins in that context.

Thanks and despite your disagreement, I think you're a cool dude :3:

Tbh I agree with you too. At the end of the day you're ONE person, and you'd have to be some sort of idiot to think that one person getting some extra skins has any measurable effect on the economy. If Valve gave you more skin drops then literally everyone would be happy

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So sorry

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

My bad

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 11, 2014

• Locked thread