Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:

Shadowlz posted:

This is a good game for cool people.

E: The drunk goons video is the best by far. We need more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s286nhT1SP8 This is still my favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

Deagle...Was buffed....

Come to xen.

Tec9 + Deagle buff. I think you need to have another faceoff with Lou.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

CS:S cbble was the tits. Not sure why they broke B so badly in CS:GO. The changes at A are really good though.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Crossposted from sub.io, excuse the lovely quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqtQEgctpU

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

If you want to turn a butterfly knife into money i'll give you $100 and a lovely knife for one. o/

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

This video gets worse every time I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0NdC21_vIQ&feature=youtu.be

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Just do normal goonmans. You have a distinct disadvantage with 100+ ping, but it's still playable.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

I don't think it's an unsubstantiated rumour that the game runs better on a native resolution. Ever since I upgraded my graphics and monitor, the game is mega loving choppy on anything other than 16x9. I got used to it pretty fast, so I don't think screen resolution has as big an impact on your personal performance as your sens.

Unused fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 28, 2014

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

That ace was annoying for multiple reasons. Firstly I saw you for a split second in the time it took you to peak, spray me down and get 4 hits. Some crazy lag interp bullshit.

Then I went on to call out your position at toxic/site and they still walked round those corners surprised to see you. That guy you killed at quad was shooting his teammate at mid for example. And the guy that died to you on site didn't think to keep deathcam up and give an exact call himself.

Unused fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Sep 3, 2014

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

God drat I'm so terrible at this game. Is there like a series of videos for new players about the basics of the game and how to get good at it that you guys could recommend? A video that goes over the maps and stuff like that would be cool too.

I could probably learn eventually just by throwing myself at the wall until I figure it out, but I'd kinda like some kind of guideline video or something so I know what I should be improving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0NdC21_vIQ Do everything you see in this video and you will be topfragging in no time.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

pliable posted:

I submit to all you masterful, wonderful, authoritative, knowledgeable, god complex goons out there. You are all right! I am completely wrong :(. Wah wah.

About loving time.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

When I played DM a lot, it was AK only for about 300+ kills. I didn't really feel the need to warmup.

Now for warmup I like to buy an AK and get about 3 kills before the timer runs out. I don't think it's working as well as my old system.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Elysiume posted:

This is my crosshair:

Make this bright green and you have ghetto NVG back in the game.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

eriddy posted:

Last night the rarest thing happened: A rematch vote succeeded 10-0 and boom just like that we were back on dust2. The series went 1-1 if you're curious.

I am actually genuinely curious, did both teams think the opposite team were loving garbage or did both teams have some sort of weird respect for one another?

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Necc0 posted:

Yeah sometimes you get that weird perfect storm of everyone knowing they could have done better but not being mad and having general good vibes all around and you get a rematch. It's really rare for all ten players to feel this way though.

I've never had that in EU matchmaking.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

I would be down for a kz server if all the maps were surf maps

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

I liked buttman because I had 100 ping as opposed to 130. I also had a mystical euro lagshield apparently.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

PIGEOTO posted:

I've never really seen stickers used aesthetically on a gun. Especially not the ESL stickers or whatever, they just seem to make good skins look terrible and tacky.

I put this sticker on all my guns, but it works best on this one.

Also the M4a1 guardian and the USP-s Guardian look sweet with the Katowice 2014 Titan sticker (nonfoil)

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Sitting Bull posted:

just a reminder for MISTER MC VEY and ANYBODY ELSE with sick frags in a demo to send me to do so. i've already got a bunch of clips recorded, but they're all me and cole, and nobody wants to see that.

Since the switch to the new server i've not been getting any sick rounds, but I have a few kinda old ones if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqtQEgctpU 1v5, bomb down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLOiSedQXrU 2 denied aces with reasonable frags. let me know if you want any of these 3 demos.

I really should have went and got my mid picks because I've gapped corncob twice on d2 with an AK at the start of the round. Not impressive on their own, but work well in montages I find. Maybe i'll go and dredge up every d2 game I played against corncob to find them who knows.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Sitting Bull posted:

ok. the video is rendering right now, will be online in a hour or so. big thank you to everybody who sent clips, there were some that i couldn't capture for the video for various reasons. sorry to pandaK, rU, ephedra, and fetaldave. you all sent before the deadline, but for whatever reason i couldn't get to them. i will be making a part 2, so they will go in that. also, certain maps don't demo well(ignite, mist, etc), so i wasn't able to capture any clips of a handful of maps.

for the next video, though, i'll be making a dropbox, which you all can add your demos to. please format your demo filename so that its (yourname)_rnd_(round numbers)_(map), so for example churchill_rnd_21_22_29_mill.dem. this will make capturing the clips much easier, and thats the most time consuming/unfun part by far.

Do you need any of the demos sent again?

Sweet video though, great introduction. Have you ever tried smoothing?

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

fennesz posted:

I started to think I was helpless with the AK. And then I played on a 128 tick server. It's like a mythical loving land where headshots grow on trees...it exists!

In some weird way I felt the complete opposite last night, joining my first MM in a while having played a poo poo ton of goonmans. having a sub 100 ping felt pretty good knowing that people's heads are actually where I see them.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Trying to make the most of a really boring 4k. Left netgraph open like a scrub while filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa7GoB4j0IQ

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Amber Alert posted:

Let's just remember that the mx518 is the one true mouse

Confirmed.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

My new year's resolution is to get good at the game now that my last account got VAC'd.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Picer posted:

So, did they up the knife drops for goons or something? I was just doing some mm when a huntsman case dropped. Figured i'd open it.

Well Worn AND I DONT GIVE A gently caress!

I'm personally doing my best to keep us averaging badly for cases, don't worry.

Unused fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

Slumpy's 4k on ramp is still pretty nuts. Seeing this makes me want to stop being bad and play again. Or do at least one of those anyway.

• Locked thread