Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Noobs, dont be afraid to goonman.I did twice, was completely poo poo, but everyone there was really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Put "host_writeconfig" at the very end of your autoexec.

And don't put "exec autoexec" in your launch options. You don't need that.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Im getting my info from here. I've no idea how reliable it is, but worked for
me when I was having problems.

http://csgohelp.com/autoexec-qa/

Q: The commands I put in my autoexec seem to not work …
A: There are many possible reasons. Here are the most common ones:
There has been a problem in CS:GO since the release, that the configs are loaded in a wrong order. The easiest way to avoid that problem, is adding host_writeconfig as the last line in your autoexec and making sure, that your config isn’t set to read-only. The command overwrites any cvars in the config.cfg with the ones in the autoexec.cfg when the autoexec is executed. Do not set a +exec autoexec.cfg launch option, the autoexec is loaded anyway. Right now, this seems to be the only method to make your autoexec definitely work and execute all commands properly.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Smol posted:

Nah. But there should totally be quests like that.

I got an awful one. 40 rifle kill in casual match making. It was usually me, 1 complete noob and 8 bots. Bots dont count. So I had race to the guy just so I had a chance to get him before the bots did. I filled up after a while but still took 3 hours or so.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

8bitlawd posted:

So I thought that because I sometimes scrubbed people in my Silver lobbies that I was actually half-way decent if not pretty good... but as luck would have it playing some goonman has quickly made me realize that I'm actually not. That in reality, I'm just a newborn tadpole swimming into a sea of hardened, jaded, serving triple life sentences in a max-security aquarium before breaking lose by strangling the attendees through a coordinated push through long, sharks.

It's thrilling to sometimesbutnotoften kill one, and some of them on my team gave me some good advice too soothe my suffering... but yeah, long story short I had good fun (seriously not having a team as dumb as me was super enlightening) and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't played goonman yet.

...and maybe one day I'll become one of those sharks. :unsmigghh:

Yes, if you're only experience with MM is solo queuing with silvers being on a team where everyone communicates well is a real eyeopener.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Daeno posted:

Basically it was hot-fixed back into oblivion.

It's such a weird mistake. It looks like they forgot to change RM and and had a bizarre typo on IM. Theres no way they meant to release either of those figures, realised it was OP, came up with new figures in a day and patched. Maybe a build or deployment problem ,it wouldn't have got through QA.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Coleman posted:

Still better than Source and hitboxes that registered hits even when it wasn't on the model at all!

Is 1.6 the same as source? It would explain my only 1.6 game since I picked up GO. I was able to W around the map owning everyone just pointing the deagle in their general direction. Also it was a DM server full of players who ran around corners waving grenades at you, that probably helped.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I hope this isn't one of those "gently caress me, not this again" subjects, but I want to talk about static crosshairs. I've just started using one after 400 hours with a dynamic. Its better for almost everything, tapping, spraying, placement. But I'm struggling with the recoil reset when bursting 4 or 5 shots. How do you know when your recoil is reset after a burst? Are you watching the gun model in the corner of your eye and waiting till it goes back to neutral?

Edit: \/\/ bollox, I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Different for each gun, yeah? Super.

bpower fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 7, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
reply/edit mess

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

its for sale yo

http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=17205258

what do i do about these jokers though? the first guys reply is ridiculous.

Oh man dont get scammed :ohdear:. Do you have friends that can talk you through the trades? The scammers are clever bastards, if anything smells fishy don't do it.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

teagone posted:

Is it not possible to get paid via Google Wallet or PayPal for the item? Why does it have to be keys?

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Is the whole "trade for keys" thing still the best option for these kind of sales?

bpower posted:

Oh man dont get scammed :ohdear:. Do you have friends that can talk you through the trades? The scammers are clever bastards, if anything smells fishy don't do it.

numberoneposter posted:

its for sale yo

http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=17205258

what do i do about these jokers though? the first guys reply is ridiculous.

We're like a bunch of middle class kids trying to buy weed for the first time :3

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

hello internet posted:

Are mission drops completely random or do they get better the more you complete? I knew bots would come in handy having to get 40 glock kills in DM

Umm, yeah, about that....bots dont count.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Finally got ranked. Master Guardian I.
I thought I will be Silver IV or something. :woop:
Jesus, thats impressive. More details please.

Edit: premade/solo? wins/loses. First cs game?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Pistol only DM is so much fun. Even if you're getting owned you still feel like a total badass. It must be awesome being genuinely good at the game. :allears:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Can't watch this yet. So do you need to be facing the door head on to do damage now?

Pretty much. awp hs through those doors from t spawn is still a kill. Not sure about other surfaces but I assume they'll work in the same way.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

bpower posted:

whoknew posted:

No, they're risks you took because you didn't listen to a loving word we said. Good job losing hundreds of dollars for no reason

Hate to be that sort of rear end in a top hat but you should've recognized your own incompetence and asked for help. Let this be a lesson to us all.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
He's a member of only two groups. One of which seems to be devoted to giving each other "trading rep". That should've enough to put yourself on guard.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
The Steam market vig is just the price you pay for not knowing what you're doing. If you dont want to pay that you can always spend x number of hours researching it enough that you're confident you won't get scammed. I'd rather get a little less than have to learn the latest state-of-the-art scamming techniques. Who wants to delve into that nest of scumbags?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
How do you do free look in a demo?`

edit: found it, hit jump to change views.

\/\/\/ didn't see your reply. thanks though.

bpower fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 13, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Ànd you certainly shouldn't be enjoying DM for its own sake. At its best it's a tedious exercise to hone a specific skill, e.g. AWPing from pit.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

deetee posted:

This may be the greatest CS video I have ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Tcyya_bBs

Check this guys previous videos... he plays with a wheel, with a ddr pad, and with his crotch. All hilariously narrated by some british fellow.

Quick thread police! He's posting something he found on reddit!

Anyway, I seen it earlier and its loving hilarious.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Necc0 posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts. In just a few more matches you'll be having your face rubbed in the dirt.

Not really, unless the MM overshots a bit and places you a bit too high. That will sort itself out by a couple of defeats and you'll be placed with people very close to your skill level. If you solo queue, as opposed to premades with a wide range of ranks, you'll get a lot of very close matches. The elo system does its job remarkably well. Thats why all the pussies get ladder anxiety and start smurfing :smugdog:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

DrAlexanderTobacco posted:

Really enjoying playing Insertion. It's the perfect map for aggressive AWPing, I've found. Especially if you're on defense; normally you can get around CT spawns if you're quick, and pick people off as they're moving past you.

Even better if only 1 or 2 spawn on the hill you've chosen.

I guess you're one of those invisible bastards who gently caress me up on that map.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
What do you do when you're running and strafing and want to stop to shoot? Do you tap S and the opposite strafe, or just crouch or what? I can't get used to S + opposite strafe and always shoot before I fully stop.

edit:\/\/ thanks. any non-cunts want to chip in?

bpower fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 18, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Turk February posted:

BRAWWWWW is right. You need to time it out correctly so you stop, shoot, then quickly stutterstep again. That is it has always been done. Crouch is a viable option but it's not as good as the former since you're a stationary target.

Fair enough. So you don't hit back+opposite straf, you just release the movement keys, wait to stop and shoot?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

You will stop faster if you hit the opposing movement key. Try to only use A and D, don't move forward and backwards when trying to stutterstep. Only do it side to side.

Really it's more about timing your shots as you change which direction you are moving than about moving correctly. At least, that's what I mess up on the most.

When I'm in a fight I never use the WS, I'm relatively OK at stutter stepping when Im already just strafing. I'm wondering what to do when for example you're rushing to rotate and a lurker pops into view. When I'm the lurker they always seem to crouch to stop and shoot instantly. I thought, from listening to other players, crouching was a very bad habit to get into so I almost never crouch, but I keep losing these "surprise" encounters.

So when Im the rusher (WA pressed) I have my cross hair where I expect the dude to be, and boom he's there moving into my view with his head right in my cross hair. So I begin to stop, don't shoot, keep tracking his head and then shoot. But by the time all that happens he's crouch/spraying me in the face.

I really think theres something Im not getting here.

And apologies to BRAWW for implying, in my subtle way, that he may be a oval office.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

So it can definitely be useful to crouch, but it's very risky and makes you an easy target.

Thats why I try to avoid it so much, in normal circumstances I love when people crouch, they're nothing but a stationary head. I think I'll try practicing a quick crouch/head shot attempt and then strafe/stop/shoot/strafe/stop/shoot. Just when I'm rushing somewhere and bump into someone I mean.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I do run a lot. If someone starts screaming "B B B B B", which can mean anything from "I think I heard a foot step" to "5 with bomb", I just run to B. I should make my way there carefully and only run if Im sure it's safe, thats the real solution to my problem, yeah? gently caress all the the "omg why so slow" comments?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Xenaero posted:

The hell happened to your colors?

I think its "saturation" on a AMD card or "vibrance" on a nvidia card. I use it so i can bump up the brightness without all the colours getting washed-out.

And thanks for the advice on rotating guys.

edit: a token of my esteem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_uQlp5QvlM

bpower fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 19, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Nation posted:

I got ST M4 bullet rain last night after deciding to open a case that dropped :>

Very happy! tempted to sell for free games

I got a nice p2000, looks like an old ladies' handbag.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I thought you got overwatch when you reached 150 wins and were at least Nova 1. I'm 160 wins now and still haven't got it. Is there some other criteria?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

I know a person who got it who is silver 4 and 40 wins.
So there is hidden magic there.

I hope its something like
code:
If Number_Of_Times_Forgot_Side_And_Murdered_Half_Own_Team_With_Sick_SprayDown > X Then OverWatch = False

That would explain it for me anyway.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

mcvey posted:

shoxie2strong

How high is the skill ceiling in this game? Is he that much better than the other team or was he just having a good day and they weren't? Are there pros who could consistently destroy other pros in the same way a GE would always destroy someone 5 or 6 ranks below them?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

mcvey posted:

Apparently there were no HLTV demos recorded for DH Valencia lol, hopefully shox recorded his own POV.

http://www.twitch.tv/officiel_jvcom/b/549029180 French cast, d2 begins at 6hr 6min~

These guys might have it later maybe?
csgoworldorg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7tKkLhi00iXEoWbGypXDgg

Here's "Niko going CS:GO de_dust2 POV Hiko (33/9) vs NiP"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45QQadF6fE

Everything about is :stare:. The way he peeks, the way crosshair is loving glued to the corners, just the way he moves around the map. I thought I was poo poo at the game but its like Im a hockey player who cant even stand up in the skates.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I won't be solo-queueing for a while. The thought of listening to some Russian oval office screaming at me makes me sick. Yes, I know its completely irrational and Im an rear end in a top hat, but gently caress Russia.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Its an accumulation of things, but yeah the MH17 "stuff" was the tipping point.
People throwing around homophobic slurs is one thing, but when they come from a member of a society that condones brutalising gays it becomes a little too much for me. And Im not a right wing rear end in a top hat, I'm a raging liberal rear end in a top hat, thank you very much.

bpower fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 20, 2014

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

Reddit does this, which is probably why Reddit is better.

I go there for the senschat, stay for the "I bought this game yesterday, how rank up?" threads.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

8bitlawd posted:

God I want out of Silver Elite so badly... I'm going insane playing with so many bad people.

Anyways if anyone good wants to smurf in Silvers and help bring me outta hell just add me.

Steam Name: HonchoBoncho

Sorry dude, everyone is in the same position, we're all stuck at x rank until we get good enough to start influencing the result of games. Keep playing, you will get better, and have fun ffs.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I smurf people out of silvers a lot. I'll add you if I ever catch you online in the steam group chat.

What happens when he's getting murdered in his new rank? If he thinks he's "stuck" now, wait till he's in a rank too high for him. He need to learn to enjoy the journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Cute n Popular posted:

How do you guys clean your QcK+? I've had mine for a few months and its starting to smell like poo poo.

Chuck it in with your underpants next wash.

• Locked thread