Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Alighieri posted:

After reading more reddit and csgolounge then any reasonable person should I have found out a bit more about the knife I posted a few pages back.

Doppler knives have different texture types they can be, phase 1-4 being the most common, then Ruby/sapphire being more rare and black pearl being the most rare.

The knife I got is a black pearl, so far I have not found another knife like it after delving reddit and csgolounge. The initial screenshot was at the lowest quality settings for everything so it looks a lot better when you have everything maxed out.

https://imgur.com/a/4Naa4

Apparently knives a big thing in CSGO. Will let everyone know as soon as I get scammed for lots of bike parts.

Did you get any offers for it? What sort of money are you looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I watched a bit of the cache as well. Besides crosshair placement your biggest problem is you peek crazy wide. You also run around with a nade in your hand too much.

This video from Adren will explain it better than I can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TbI1gk4DXg

Heres a good one on crosshair placement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9mvXfnY8wU

Minor points: dont buy a deagle in first round. never take off a silencer.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Do we know what the range used to be?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

vehk posted:

My ingame sound has this awful constant static/buzzing sound that never stops but does vary in volume. At first I thought it was interference or something grounded in my case but I think I've ruled that out. I took my entire case apart and reseated everything and swapped out my cables. I don't get any static/buzz in any other media player or any of my other games.

It really seems isolated to CSGO. I've googled around and haven't been able to figure this out. Are there any sound related source commands I could try to fix this?

I got terrible buzzing when I tried to use one of those tie-pin mics people us on tv.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Hey Eurogoons, if you want to solo queue in to NA East with a reasonable ping do the following.

Get "MM Server Picker" from http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

Get WtfFast, trial/free version is fine.

Use MMSP to block all servers except NA East. Open CS and queue as normal. In the warmup you'll have your normal ping , minie is usually ~190 these days. Quit cs. Login to wtfast and start cs from there. Reconnect and you'll have a much better ping, I get between 95 and 120. If you queue again after that match you don't need to go through the process again.

If you don't go through that process the first time wtf seems to bypass the server blocks and you'll be back in Euro servers.

Theres probably better ways to do this but it works for me.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Smol posted:

From what I've heard, the server picker just bans ip ranges of servers in Windows firewall.

Yep

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Im guessing they don't want to introduce a rule that will force them to ban some semi-pro for having a 20 cent bet on a big match. You can read it as "in order to avoid suspicion you should never bet". It gives a little leeway while still emphasising the severity of the offence.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
drat, what a start. Perfect T pistol followed by a triple scout eco.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I have a Man-o-war AWP I want to bet it. It shows up in the trade page but not the betting page? Any ideas why?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Alighieri posted:

CSGOLounge doesnt allow weapons from any recent cases since prices change too rapidly.

Ah, that makes sense.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

its all psychological and that actually doesnt do anything anymore

It definitely does. If I play without it my fps will tank after an hour or so. I can repeat that anytime and get the same results.

edit: Mods!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I could live with racism, homophobia, cheating and match-fixing, but people who duck-spam , man those guys can gently caress right off.

• Locked thread