Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

What's the best skin you guys have received from completing a mission?

Ever since missions began, I had gotten nothing but the lowest level gray skins worth like two cents. Today after completing a Bizon kills challenge (my sixth mission) I received a field tested M4A1 master piece worth around $45. All those crates opened, and my best item ever comes from a mission :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Necc0 posted:

Nova 2s and below click this here link: http://www.twitch.tv/neccowafers/c/4777065 :ocelot:

Thanks for this, it's really helpful. I make many of the same mistakes as MG1 and after watching this I've already been doing better. Now I just need to improve my lovely aim...

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Valve has RIGGED the "random" map selector

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNsNY9glwIk

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

^ congrats man! What condition is it? I got a field tested one a long time ago, and I was gonna sell it until I got compliments every single game about how cool it looked.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

texasmed posted:

I've been liking this crosshair lately. It's basically Hiko's setup I guess. I was unsure why people weren't using the dynamic crosshair since I was so used to it from 1.5 and Source. Crosshair 5 is okay but I still don't think it feels like the old crosshairs.

code:
cl_crosshaircolor 1
cl_crosshairstyle 2
cl_crosshairgap -2
cl_crosshairsize 2
cl_crosshairthickness 0.5
cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1
cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio 0
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod 1
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod 0.3
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist 5

Thank you for this, I love it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I hope overgrown sticks around after this operation ends, it has the most potential of all the breakout maps imo. It seems like a really T sided map to me, which is fun but something they'll probably balance later. It's really easy to make big comebacks on T side.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I got a silly tec-9 pistol round ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpsS7hZU4dM

The guy on cat should have killed me, but he was terrible. The first 7 rounds he ended up getting 0 kills, 0 assists and 7 deaths, so we called him Agent 007 the rest of the game. He thought it was funny at least :3:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

JW is the greatest player in the world holy poo poo

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Ez skins ez life. I'm going all in on Titan against LDLC.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

All the smoke and confetti in a 90% empty arena is too funny

good job Titan

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Turk February posted:

Because all but one of them (de_overgrown) were not viable for competitive play and should be caste into the pits of Hell.

I really liked overgrown. I hope it comes back later on as an official map. Just needs a bit more work to make it less T sided.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I peel off almost every sticker. Including kawaii killers.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

I thought about throwing together an AK where the grip and the stock are bound with black leather, but I don't know if it would look good enough at my skill level.

That might look too similar to the first class/black laminate AKs. You should try to make an AK where the wood is cherry wood, that's something I always wanted to see. I think it would look really nice.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I like the famas, but not the galil.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I'm guessing there was some sort of infighting that got them ousted. Still shocked at that news, they had been looking so much stronger lately.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The new skins are pretty cool, but the only ones I'm dying to have are the P250 Cartel, P2K Fire Elemental and maybe the sawed off. I really hope I can get a Master Piece or Dragon Lore, pretty unlikely though.

I've never played the new Season before, it looks amazing.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Mimetic posted:

What happened to Cloud9's European bootcamp?

n0thing good

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I am loving dying laughing now

Fnatic is the loving greatest ever

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

That was the greatest thing I have ever seen

still dying laughing ahahahahahahahhhhhhh

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

nftyw posted:

"They played better than we did but we had more knowledge of the map" Words of True Champions right here

The poo poo eating grin he had on his face during that entire interview just had me laughing even harder

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Fnatic just became the greatest heel stable in esports history

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I don't even care if Fnatic ends up getting disqualified, what happened was still loving hilarious. LDLC had been trying for months to beat their greatest enemy, and right when it looked like they were about to do it, Fnatic busted out this insanely overpowered boost like a Bond villain unveiling his master plan. You can't make this poo poo up.

(plus I got a sweet jaguar AK and some other skins out of this)

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Syncopated posted:

In the postgame interview with the speechless/angry reporter the fnatic pretty much said that they had saved something more that they hadn't used yet, so we can only hope!

Devilwalk's poo poo eating grin during that interview was so goddamn funny

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I want to put that guy in a headlock and give him a noogie.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

What a shitshow. I wanted to see Fnatic win the whole thing, they deserve it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I buy a smoke and a five seven because smokes are the best nades and I suck at getting headshots so spraying with the five seven helps me get kills.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I bought a HyperX Cloud headset a while back and have no ragrets. The sound is the best of any headset I've used and the mic's as good as any other. The cable can get twisted pretty easily though, so I would tape it down or something.

http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

i dont uh want to be uh judgemental but uh that looks like uh hot garbage?

the mic might be good but anything with the name "HyperX" does not scream quality to me

Dunno what else to say. Used it for about half a year now and it's comfortable, sounds great, has a good mic and hasn't died on me. Other than the cable thing I'd change nothing about it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Antares posted:

I didn't see NiP's first game but i'm going to go out on a limb and say C9 are about to get poo poo on

I hope so, I bet almost all my big skins on NiP.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I hate my life.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

About $50. It's a drop in the bucket compared to what a lot of others lost today, but I don't like spending a lot on gun skins, so it took me a while to build that up. Time to start climbing the mountain again...

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

For real though, there was NO logic, rhyme or reason today. C9 took a brutal loss to some random Brazilian team, then stomped NiP who had beaten Dig in a close game. LDLC lost to CLG who's never been together as a team on LAN before, then CLG was embarrassed by Liquid, who got embarrassed by Fnatic prior, then LDLC stomps Fnatic. I'm just going to bet everything left on csgolounge on any underdog that looks even halfway decent and see how far I go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

henne posted:

should i name my cyrex m4 "M4A1-S | Cyrekt" or is that dumb please advice?

Miley Cyrex.

• Locked thread