Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

"The content owner has not made this video available on mobile."

gently caress you. Bad vibes all round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

FetalDave posted:

My smurf is now in DEAG:LE.

LET'S DO THIS

I will be down for a Deag League game in 1.5 hours from this post. Where do I sign up?

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Necc0 posted:

Aight I'm gonna stream some matchmaking until I get a demo

http://www.twitch.tv/neccowafers

edit: cool steam is down

You still reviewing? Here's one of the worst games you'll see today. I play awful, and get carried to a narrow win, please point out how much I suck.

name: bru
map: nuke (starting t-side)

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-u8xUL-LE6pe-yU5VP-VOSBO-2SvPB

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

down with slavery posted:

you need to get better vibes

Sit down son.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

down with slavery posted:

see you at 1000

edit. pro commends too. how much does that bronze medal piss you off?

It's the worst thing. If only Payback weren't so poo poo, I would have gone for gold. Gonna start asking for commend4commend.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Necc0 posted:

Dang I didn't know we had an SMFC :allears:

carry me to LEM plz

Undeserved, it won't last. The cool thing is you sometimes find pros at this rank. Got to play and got rekt by mouz allu earlier.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Elysiume posted:

Does ranking up/down take into account personal performance or is it a standard Elo system that's just wins/losses?

Yeah, a few people have tested only queueing together on new accounts. The players that performed better got higher ranks.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

I just got demoted on a game where my team had a bot on it and won. And I was top of the scoreboard.

The hell.

Maybe you earned your rank while playing with someone who was later convicted by Overwatch. The MMR change from those games is reset, so on your next game you'd lose your rank.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

SharkAKALegitShark posted:

I have a 450 dpi and I use like a 1.2 sensitivity, is this too low? I've never seen anyone else play that low.

I have the exact same sens/DPI.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Fifflaren would get votekicked if that was matchmaking.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Valve deathmatch is fine, but there are more efficient ways to DM. You'll get much more practice done on a community free-for-all DM server. Respawning is a lot quicker, and you can click on both CT and T heads. The skill level tends to be much higher*, too, so you can practice shooting opponents that are actively trying to avoid being killed.

* Not to brag or anything, but I regularly see pro players on the DM servers I frequent.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Dork457 posted:

What's the best way to get a 60 fps 1080p video from a demo? I tried the "startmovie" command but when trying that I got a bunch of hitches in the exported frames. OBS works better but the quality suffers as a result.

There's some plugin you can get to enable all the cvars (such as host_framerate 60). If you're using a GOTV demo (such as the ones Valve records for MM) then you'll need to record two separate demos, one with host_timescale to 0 for the non-glitchy video, and one with host_timescale to 1 for the sound. You should manually record your own 64-tick demos to avoid this.

Here's a 60fps video I made using this method. Not really worth the effort.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

mcvey posted:

nuke
nuke
facade
nuke
nuke
nuke
puke

Im surprised you're still playing the game tbh.

Nuke is the best map after Overpass.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Oh my god, I fell from LEM to DMG. I played about 16 games yesterday, won 1, tied 4, lost the rest. I'm a scrublord in scrubland again.

Today's lesson: keep playing if you're winning, take a break if not.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Team Liquid have 6% odds vs Fnatic on CSGO Lounge right now. I don't care about items, so I'm pretty tempted to bet my entire inventory on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Tried out for a tryhard team yesterday, and bottom-fragged :( They had me holding B on Inferno, though.

One day you'll see me on GOTV clicking on heads.

• Locked thread