Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Great job, Rarity! Great game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah this was fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

I think you guys are not accounting for the trademarked Capps Charm(tm)

I spent the whole game tunneling BHB and I'd still have voted for you just for that claim alone.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also yeah, fun game. Good job Rarity!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That role was actually in a game before that I played in but I can't remember which one.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
But yeah it wouldn't be in a setup like this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Great game rarity!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Rarity posted:

I already have my next game idea (little bit bigger, little less simple but still standard) all set up but I'm still waiting to hear from 8bux if he's up for checking the balance and co-modding. Is there anyone else who'd be up for it if I don't hear back from him?

Amy Poehler here yet again reppin' the Windy City. Whoops sorry Rarity I was going to PM you and then I got doofy. Of course I'm up for co-modding it again.

PS I'm dating Nick Krohl now. Isn't that kind of weird? Are we "Krohler"?

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Thanks Rarity, this was a lot of fun. And thanks everybody for putting up with a newbie :) In my defense I didn't believe capps, I just made a bad decision to go after fv first.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm normally a terrible doctor, too.

Capps that was an opop tier fake claim, but you can't use my own powers against me.

So how did TT not get tracked that night?

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 22, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

So how did TT not get tracked that night?

His role was Ninja

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Me read good.

Well, good work rarity, not a bad first game at all

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That game was SUPER fun and I love the setup. That said, town did not deserve to win at all after 1) vigging me and 2) not lynching capps after said vig. I SPECIFICALLY DECLARED THAT YOU COULD ONLY VOTE FOR ONE OF US, YA'LL.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I legitimately had a hard time sleeping that night after being vigged, I was in shock.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Poque posted:

I legitimately had a hard time sleeping that night after being vigged, I was in shock.

I was recreating the gesture of my avatar.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
mr.capps is my mafia coach.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can somebody add this game to the SA Mafia Wiki? The site won't let me sign up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you close it in votefinder a paste the blurb it gives you here I'll add it in a bit

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

That game was SUPER fun and I love the setup. That said, town did not deserve to win at all after 1) vigging me and 2) not lynching capps after said vig. I SPECIFICALLY DECLARED THAT YOU COULD ONLY VOTE FOR ONE OF US, YA'LL.

Hey when they had a choice between lynching the claimed town tracker and the claimed condom-hander-outer they chose me.

Idiots (I say that with love)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

If you close it in votefinder a paste the blurb it gives you here I'll add it in a bit

* [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647507 Mean Girls] - (something) victory. Hosted by Rarity.

Thank you! :D

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hey when they had a choice between lynching the claimed town tracker and the claimed condom-hander-outer they chose me.

Idiots (I say that with love)

Yeah, I retroactively felt bad having cased you, but it made sense to me. Of course, after we got BHB I was barely on your case at all because capps was too obvious.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

WE SHOOK ON IT ASIINA.

The sanctity of the gentleman's handshake agreement has been sullied. This is a dark day for us all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scum straight up forgot a nights worth of actions X(

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poque posted:

Yeah, I retroactively felt bad having cased you, but it made sense to me. Of course, after we got BHB I was barely on your case at all because capps was too obvious.

Yes, Capps was clearly obvious.....(looks in Keane's direction)

Thanks Rarity it was a fun setup and great flavour. Pre-sign me for your next game.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
turns out i am super lovely at being scum

sorry everyone :/

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look guys, I gave Capps the benefit of the doubt because he is very funny.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Barehanded Brother posted:

It's not only you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Finding my schtick tiresome. Outrageous sir.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
There are only so many games I can play where you claim to be a new player before it gets old

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
Good job guys. I feel dumb for lynching f_v over Capps (ignoring he possibility of an assassin in a game with a tracker and so many other Town roles :doh:), but I will wrap myself in a blanket of being so very right about BHB.

For the record, I think Town was a tad overpowered so you may want to adjust that in the future. Giving Scum a godfather or juggernaut probably would have evened things up, but the fact that a claimed Cop or Tracker could be protected so easily is a huge boon to Town.

Good game everyone (since we won, otherwise I'd be cursing TT's name for lurking to victory).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

There are only so many games I can play where you claim to be a new player before it gets old

My last gimmick was cut short in its prime and I refused to let it go.

Merk wouldn't let me have my big reveal so I did it here.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Tremendous Taste posted:

Scum straight up forgot a nights worth of actions X(
I'm assuming you would have tried to kill me and been stopped, so it's sort of like it actually happened.

Also, I really expected my burn to be something like, "Ard u lac (class, talent, style, a face that isn't punchable, etc.)".

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

See the scum were smart in not burning me because I am unburnable irl and thus bulletproof in game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

See the scum were smart in not burning me because I am unburnable irl and thus bulletproof in game.

"CCKeane has played over 50 games of mafia
(And he's still really bad at it)"

That's what I woulda gone with :v:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I thought this was Keane's 1st?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

2nd.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

For me, it was the first game.

Gg all, thanks for turbo lynching me, I shouldn't have signed up in the first place, so you actually did me a favor.

Or was this the game I got vigged?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jamuraan posted:

For me, it was the first game.

Gg all, thanks for turbo lynching me, I shouldn't have signed up in the first place, so you actually did me a favor.

Or was this the game I got vigged?

this is the game where i got you turbo to save my scum buddy i think

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I was running along the beach. It was sunrise and the waves were crashing.

I saw the silhouette of a man on a horse approaching me. Could this be my prince charming?

As he got nearer he slowed the steed before he came to a stop before me. It was capps, shirt billowing, hair flowing.

He leaned down to speak and I craned my neck to hear his secret.

"i'm scum lol" he whispered.

His horse pooped right there in the sand, and he rode away.

Then I woke up.

Why didn't I believe my dream?!

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Why didn't I believe my dream?!

:negative: