Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

Hello I would like to join this game it would be my first one. Thank you and go d bless.

Lynch all liars

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

this isn't even a haiku, it's a limerick :colbert:

Limericks are clearly far superior.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I was running along the beach. It was sunrise and the waves were crashing.

I saw the silhouette of a man on a horse approaching me. Could this be my prince charming?

As he got nearer he slowed the steed before he came to a stop before me. It was capps, shirt billowing, hair flowing.

He leaned down to speak and I craned my neck to hear his secret.

"i'm scum lol" he whispered.

His horse pooped right there in the sand, and he rode away.

Then I woke up.

This is the best post I have ever read in a game of mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

But you know Prince Charming doesn't exist right Asiina? He died cause of feminism.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Barehanded Brother posted:

I hate scumclaiming with a fiery passion and if we have to reinstate Kill Capps Month for him and his lol2edgy4u postalikes then so be it. ##vote mr. capps

Anyways I still think ardulac is scummy even after his post-haiku backtracking - "hey, whoa, I didn't say lynch, just, here are some reasons for getting rid of millers, just in case the vig was a lie". His post looks reasonable on its face, but to me it sounds like laying down some trackwork for a miller lynch train come the D1 deadline scramble.

Also I thought Skinty McEdger's almost-haiku was funny so I won't vote him. Keane is a wildcard but going after a newbie on a trumped-up charge is...unsettling.

I think this is a scummy post. He's voting for Capps, but spends way more of his time explaining his reasoning for thinking Ardulac is scum. BHB doesn't even seem to think Capps is scum, he just hates it when people say they're scum on D1.

##vote BHB

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Can we vote Juanito for throwing his vote on whoever?

##vote juanito

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

Ardulac gives me a scummy vibe

Hal is probably too.

capps is town.

Seriously. Vote this dude.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

fiery is scum omg

omg

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

fiery is scum omg

Why would I waste my time on someone with no other votes? That would be stupid as scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Juanito posted:

Not if you want to make sure Jam survives

I'll vote Jam, I just think you're scummier.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

You people are terrible. The last two pages are terrible.

Ok, then who should we vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I want to go play video games, can we not wait until the last minute?

Me too. I have a new computer and my internet got switched on at my new house today!!!

##vote jam

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I feel like we have enough information to not instantly move on an apparent lurker lynch at the start of D2

What information is that?

This is the second time you've made a comment like this, where it seems like you are contributing but really you give no opinions on the game at all. The first was yesterday when you turned up 45 minutes before deadline, told us our play sucked, but then didn't propose an alternative lynch or any opinions on anyone voting Jam.

##vote opop

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I still think Opop is scum. This is the only opinion he has given this game. He "thinks" Capps and TT might be scum, but then backs off and says they might be town too. It's basically a non-opinion.

Opopanax posted:

If I were scum I'd have a target in mind, but since I'm not I have to be sure first. At this point I think Capps and TT look the worst, but they're not really doing anything they don't normally do as either alignment so it's hard to say

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

He's referring to this post yesterday which absolutely no one bit on

but after throwing out greatZebu's name he didn't make any sort of case on him, seemingly just closing it off before he moved his attention back onto BHB.

I agree that Ard looks really bad here. It's like he pulled a name out of thin air and then realised he couldn't back it up. Would definitely vote Ard.

Going out for a couple of hours but will be back before deadline.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Are you purposely ignoring that I made a vote and a few comments on ard or was that an accident?

It was an accident. Going to reread while I eat breakfast

##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I want to vote Capps. It feels like he keeps leading the lynches and I'm not confident I can trust him. This was his case on Jam and it's pretty bad.

mr.capps posted:

jam did just plop on a vote after some serious discussion and the guy is humorless so he wouldn't be going with a joke vote

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

mr.capps posted:

yeah arc is probably scum but i still feel like day one was orchestrated
i'll vote arc
##vote arc

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

##vote Capps

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote ardulac then

That's a lovely vote. You haven't even mentioned him before now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

I'm at -1, so I may as well claim. I'm the Cop. I was trying to make sure people would know I got a Town result on Opop, but we all see how that went.

I had a suspicion of that, but the great zebu comment put me off.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ardulac posted:

So for those who thought I was hiding something, congratulations :confuoot:.

Got an opinion on who you think is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I'm not doing this.

Can you look at my case on Capps. He's pushed two lynches on bad cases and both players have turned out to be town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yeah, I'm ok with voting Hal. His content doesn't strike me as townie. He comes in here with what seems to be a comment to read and make cases...

Hal Incandenza posted:

My dream scumteam in this game would be Opoop, Jaunito and CCMeane.

I don't really have a great case against any of the at this time though.

I'll try and read the tea leaves now though.

But when he next posts it's this

Hal Incandenza posted:

yeah ok ##vote jamuraan

Today he makes a small push on BHB but hasn't voted.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey BHB what's up?

You don't even care if capps is scum (a direct quote) and you haven't even mentioned anyone else in the whole game. What gives? I'm inclined to listen to Asiina on this one.

##vote Hal

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Let's hope someone else turns up.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What the gently caress is up with this game?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills - we have 1) someone who dodged a lynch at -1 by claiming cop and then conveniently getting roleblocked the next night, and 2) someone who claimed scum D1 and has since been posting nothing but white noise, both of whom swung last-minute turbos on town players, and everyone is like, "nah, give them a pass". It's like the more casework is done on a person, the easier they get lynched and vice versa.

For my money, #2 is the likelier scenario. No one got jailed or roleblocked N1, right? And then all of a sudden "oh whoops I got roleblocked"; he can't even fake a scum investigation on me because once I flip town he gets autolynched, although given the way this game has gone maybe not.

As an un-CC'd cop I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Did you see my case on Capps yesterday? What do you think of that?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

i like the fv vote more than the zebu one

someone post a rap telling me which to vote

i'll vote fv if no raps are posted

Why am I scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

fiery_valkyrie: Also probably not scum, looked like she was at least reading the game until she asked what I thought of her case on Capps :facepalm:

So in conclusion the scumteam is Ardulac, capps, and Asiina/Poque/TT. You're welcome.

Let's see if this one sticks ##vote Ardulac

Actually, I asked you what you thought of my case on Capps to try and get some conversation going in this game since you had posted just before me. I like asking people what they think of cases because they have to put an opinion out, which can be used later when someone flipped scum and because it is usually a good discussion kick starter.

I'm suspicious of Poque and I think Capps is scum. As I said previously I'm not keen on lynching an un-cc'd cop. Will you switch to Capps instead?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What about Capps?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Re-stating my original case on Capps:

I want to vote Capps. It feels like he keeps leading the lynches and I'm not confident I can trust him. This was his case on Jam and it's pretty bad.

mr.capps posted:

jam did just plop on a vote after some serious discussion and the guy is humorless so he wouldn't be going with a joke vote

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

mr.capps posted:

yeah arc is probably scum but i still feel like day one was orchestrated
i'll vote arc
##vote arc

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

FV is always trying to get me lynch it seems.

Only when I think you're scum.

##vote capps

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poque posted:

I hate that you're mad at Capps about leading lynches but are trying to move the lynch in another direction when there's a supremely obvious candidate otherwise.

"i'm not confident i can trust him" is odd. Why would you ever feel confident about trusting anybody

I'm not mad at Capps, I think he's scummy. I dislike your phrasing there, it makes my argument seem less legitimate.

Who is the supremely obvious candidate? If you mean BHB I think he's town. Scum don't stick to a bad policy lynch when it's getting them heat and they don't give their thoughts on every player in the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

So this is obviously the post to look at.
Bolded stuff is my notes

So it's probably Zebu and Capps.

I've been suspicious of Capps for a couple of days now, but the BHB vote has made me reconsider. I think there could have been a no lynch yesterday without it. So, now I'm not sure.

Given how hard BHB was pushing Ard, I'm convinced that Ard is town cop and they're not playing a gambit. Given that Ard was roleblocked on N2, I assume scum have a roleblocker. Ard, do you have any results from last night?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Can I get some opinions. Do we think there are only 2 scum left?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm going somewhere with this, I promise.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

guys i have a secert

So do I. What's yours?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

IM THE MASSIVE FARTER

everyone has to post *fart* in five minutes or you will die!!!

well that was disappointing.

Want to tell us what you did when you visited CCKeane on N1?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think he is the scum roleblocker.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's so boring without fun powers

I tracked TT last night and he didn't go anywhere, so I believe he's VT.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Watcher claim?

Tracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mr.capps posted:

Welp.
I am the sex ed teacher from the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiEgNzSEEtc
this guy

I'm third party. If I visit at least 3 players throughout the game who were also visited by another player I win. My flavor is that I give them condoms so they have safe sex.

sounds pretty convincing.

##vote Capps

• Locked thread