Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
HI I AM IN THIS GAME NOW!

I will read it now

Also who did I replace. I am trang pak, the whore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh good timing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Still reading. I am slow and on page four. Right now I am suspicious of Ardy and FV. WILL UPDte as GO FURHER

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Also I believe Asii's claim :greenangel: but let's reading more. Also jamuraan is town and keane is talking so he's town too

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
BHB is also scum.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Also how did you know about my beard. Are you a beard-cop

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I hate Hal on d1 (through page 6). He made a scum team list and said he couldn't justify any of them and at this point hasn't said anybody else

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Good lord FV is scum. ##vote fv

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hahaha ok I'm caught up now. So it's def Fv and bhb. Not sure on others. Maybe zebu? He is quite blendy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Anyway I'm on my phone til tonight, will have a computer then. And also tomorrow. And beyond

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Several bad posts. Over explainy. The interactions between the two of them in pg5 feel like light enough bussing to get cred in the event of eithers flip.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Barehanded Brother posted:

This post looks oddly familiar...

I guess that means this is the last we'll see of Ardulac today.

##vote Ardulac

Lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

You guys are killing me.

I am dying.

why.

Opopanax posted:

I believe Ard but I'm not sure who to vote for. I think BHB is town

why.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

• Ardulac: Scum, for reasons outlined throughout my posting history.
  • Asiina: An idiot, possibly scum running the miller gambit for tunneling on me when she isn't gleefully participating in turbolynches and not posting any rationale behind her opinions, plus capps scumclaimed in response to her post and she's written it off as a joke ever since, but Ardulac would have taken a big risk in telling Keane to shoot her after the miller claim
  • Barehanded Brother: town as gently caress y'all
  • CCKeane: Probably not scum but otherwise pretty unhelpful in doing anything
  • fiery_valkyrie: Also probably not scum, looked like she was at least reading the game until she asked what I thought of her case on capps :facepalm:
  • greatZebu: New, somewhat incapable of reading the game, probably not scum though based on his interactions with Ardulac early, I don't think he'd vote a scumbuddy that quickly
  • mr. capps: exactly the type of person who'd try to get away with a scumclaim, led a lovely D1 turbo, seemingly has no conviction in anything he posts since
  • Opop: almost definitely town, unless Ard is ballsy enough to fakeclaim a town result on a scumbuddy
  • Skinty/Poque: Liked skinty, don't like Poque so much because in his "read" of the thread has completely glossed over capps and both turbos, as well as having virtually no concrete reasoning beyond my posts being "over explainy" and a supposed "light bus" interaction between me and f_v
  • Tremendous Taste: has gotten into a slapfight with Opop and then posted nothing of consequence beyond snark. Possible lurking scum.

So in conclusion the scumteam is Ardulac, capps, and Asiina/Poque/TT. You're welcome.

Let's see if this one sticks ##vote Ardulac

You're going to stick with trying to lynch the un-countered cop in a scenario where we already have a miller claim? You're out of your gourd. Also, FV was the over explainy one, not you. You're just blatant. ##vote BHB

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

What the gently caress is up with this game?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills - we have 1) someone who dodged a lynch at -1 by claiming cop and then conveniently getting roleblocked the next night, and 2) someone who claimed scum D1 and has since been posting nothing but white noise, both of whom swung last-minute turbos on town players, and everyone is like, "nah, give them a pass". It's like the more casework is done on a person, the easier they get lynched and vice versa.

For my money, #2 is the likelier scenario. No one got jailed or roleblocked N1, right? And then all of a sudden "oh whoops I got roleblocked"; he can't even fake a scum investigation on me because once I flip town he gets autolynched, although given the way this game has gone maybe not.

Like, this is outrageously terrible. It's very possible somebody DID get jailed or roleblocked and got no notification about it - there are vanilla roles in this game. And I don't get at all why you'd try to link yourself to Ardy when it comes to your flip - an unlikely town flip from you wouldn't indicate him in the slightest. Why should it? If you're town, it doesn't mean that you're right.

For gently caress's sake. How is it "convenient" that the CLAIMED COP was roleblocked? That's what you do if you're scum and you have THE MOST COMMON SCUM ROLE - you use it to block the cop rather than take the risk that he gets doc'd or town-jail'd (or even scum-jail'd) following the claim. Granted, we still have no kill from the previous night, but it's not unheard of that we have both a doc and RB in play. It's setup spec but you're acting like this is the most impossible thing that could ever happen, when it's exactly what pretty much any scumteam would do.

You can't save yourself as scum by claiming cop if Asiina is telling the truth here. In order for Ardy to be scum, Asiina needs to be scum as well. I don't see it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

Like, this is outrageously terrible. It's very possible somebody DID get jailed or roleblocked Night 1 and got no notification about it - there are vanilla roles in this game. And I don't get at all why you'd try to link yourself to Ardy when it comes to your flip - an unlikely town flip from you wouldn't indicate him in the slightest. Why should it? If you're town, it doesn't mean that you're right.

mafia edit - bold part added

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

You liked Skint, you said?

Lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

Short of a full out scumclaim I'm not moving my vote.

This has gone on long enough.

To take a page out of Jake's book, see you all tomorrow!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

greatZebu posted:

Would you spell this out a little more for me? I don't really follow what you're saying here, and the rest of your analysis makes sense to me so I want to get the whole picture.

BHB's single-minded focus on Ardulac has me doubting. I feel like most scum would be a little more flexible. capps has been laying awfully low and playing very noncommittally since day 1. On the other hand if we switch to capps at the last minute and he's town then we will have made the same mistake 3 days running. I'll be back before the deadline and will try to find some time to look at capps more carefully.

Asiina claimed miller, which returns "scum" or "badguy" or whatever if investigated by a cop. So unless the mod's just being a dick, a miller will almost certainly come with a cop to make the cop less powerful. So Ardy couldn't really be saving himself by falsely claiming cop, since if there's a miller, somebody is actually going to be the cop and it's the easiest thing to counterclaim. The only possibility is that Asiina, as scum, just decided to claim miller for some reason out the gate so that she and Ardy (or presumably a third scum) could pull a cop/miller town/town combo. But this is insanely risky as scum since you run the risk of there already being a cop, which is a reasonable possibility (probably >50% chance).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Re-stating my original case on Capps:

I want to vote Capps. It feels like he keeps leading the lynches and I'm not confident I can trust him. This was his case on Jam and it's pretty bad.

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

I hate that you're mad at Capps about leading lynches but are trying to move the lynch in another direction when there's a supremely obvious candidate otherwise.

"i'm not confident i can trust him" is odd. Why would you ever feel confident about trusting anybody

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
(thanks submit button)

...confident about trusting anybody without a confirmation of a claim or sure-thing night action results?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mr.capps posted:

Some people are jealous of my ability to lead and the fact that I am a hero.

don't mistake what I posted as me leaning town on you. you are a bundle of chaos but that means literally nothing for you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

I'll make a chart of players and put you at "Poopy Butt" alignment.

GreatZebu you seem like a pretty cool dude and I like playing with you but I do think you're scum, I'm sorry.

what about zebu? i read your history but it looks like you thought he was bussing at first. do you still think this after Ardy's cop claim?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
don't feel bad, since it's bhb.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
meaning he's scum, not that i dislike bhb

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mr.capps posted:

that is not what i read in your diary!

funtalk: I had a diary growing up and it's the gayest thing in history. my sister and I found it when we were both home awhile back and laughed ourselves silly finding entries like "Dear diary: Cybill was sooooo funny tonight!" and the like

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
in gay baby poque's defense, cybill probably WAS very funny that night.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it says "BHB is super scummy" with many, many handdrawn farts surrounding the statement.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lalalala

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
here's a reminder that BHB thinks it's less likely that a roleblocker hit a vanilla N1 than ardy being an un-cc'd cop in a game with an existing miller claim

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
here's another reminder that BHB wants you to think that he liked Skinty to try to draw up suspicion on me, but a quick reading of his brief post history shows him including Skinty in his proposed scumteam

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmUzdNLDLmI

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
note: i am going to shave my beard off tonight.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sentences that start with "Scum don't" are bad sentences.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

Don't you loving dare.

i'm leaving the moustache

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
unless the sentence is "SCUM, DON'T!!!" and you're begging BHB to not nightkill an orphaned baby

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm like 95% sure it's capps and FV.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
BHB's flip makes me feel stronger about capps than anybody else at this point, mainly because BHB worked very hard to try to get a lynch on Capps AFTER connecting him to myself and Ardy, who I am also reading as townie at this point.

Linking capps to myself (ne้ McEdger):

Also, this post (referring to capps):

looks a lot like throwing a lifeline to a scumbuddy - there's a dozen other ways to ask that question without lobbing a softball to capps, but if you're newbie scum, that's exactly how you'd phrase it.

Linking capps to Ardy (Same post):

I didn't care before, but after the deadline turbo I'm way more certain capps is scum with Ardulac. Look at this exchange:

(...)

and tell me that doesn't look like awkward distancing to you. Then, Ardulac is nowhere to be found even after he posts:

his last post of the day, before capps decides "things feel too organized" and starts the turbo on Jam, ostensibly to make the lynch look more organic than whatever he and Ardulac were "organizing".

But he never tries any sort of thing linking Ardy to me.

This post stands out GREATLY in this line of thinking:

and before people ask me again why I'm still voting capps instead of Ardulac, I'll gladly vote Ardulac but I've got a better feeling about capps. I'd also vote Skinty but that's a much more conjectural case based off one post and trusting Keane's gut.

Without any sort of prompting he pushes defensively toward his vote on Capps - basically he worked to push connections to his known scumbro before bussing him, knowing that the cases become stronger once Capps flips scum. Gets town confident with a dead scum Capps to try to take out two townies with the following lynches.

##vote capps' mom's chest hair

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
before i ruin it too much here was final D3 votecount

Votecount for Day 3

Barehanded Brother (6): Asiina, Ardulac, greatZebu, Poque, mr.capps, mr.capps, mr.capps, CCKeane
mr.capps (2): fiery_valkyrie, Opopanax
Ardulac (1): Barehanded Brother
greatZebu (1): CCKeane, Tremendous Taste, mr.capps, mr.capps, CCKeane
fiery_valkyrie (0): Poque, Poque

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 15th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's also FV too. remember the "light bussing" thing i threw out last day? that's still a thing. especially since it was a mini-argument and FV ended the day all "i don't think bhb is scum"

I want to know what happened between here:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think this is a scummy post. He's voting for Capps, but spends way more of his time explaining his reasoning for thinking Ardulac is scum. BHB doesn't even seem to think Capps is scum, he just hates it when people say they're scum on D1.

##vote BHB

and here (emphasis mine):

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm not mad at Capps, I think he's scummy. I dislike your phrasing there, it makes my argument seem less legitimate.

Who is the supremely obvious candidate? If you mean BHB I think he's town. Scum don't stick to a bad policy lynch when it's getting them heat and they don't give their thoughts on every player in the game.

That last sentence was bad before BHB's flip and it's still bad now.

• Locked thread