Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
Sounds fun. And this time I promise to stick to my one game at a time rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Confirming that I am more callous than outright mean.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

I'll allow it.
Your dictates were clear.
Ignoring rules that were set
will lead to distrust.

Nah, you're still new.
I'm sure people will forgive
in light of that fact.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

hey keane hey keane hey
hey keane hey keane hey keane hey
hey keane i love you
Ooh, I am sorry.
I think she says it Keen-ee.
Try harder next time.

Not really sure.
I just dislike lazy jokes.
I hope you are shot.

The clear best choice though
is the one who claimed Miller
sincet is Day 1.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Asiina posted:

Is this your first game?
Of course I claimed on Day 1
Why would I hide it?
I do not blame you.
Claiming is a valid choice,
but you would distract.

So if we kill you,
then we could end the debate.
The wise decision.

CCKeane posted:

I am a hero.

What if I told you all that I WASN'T a vig, and I just wanted to fill the world with beautiful poetry? What then.

What...then.
Color me surprised.
I understand your motives,
it creates content.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

greatZebu posted:

Was there even a distraction or a debate though? No one was talking about it until you brought it up. And if you thought Asiina had to go, you could have voted for her immediately. Or you could vote for her now, which you still haven't done. To me it looks like you're trying to get her killed without voting for her, which I don't like at all.

##vote Ardulac

I'll break from the haiku thing to explain this.

1) Millers are almost always a distraction. Whether it became one yet is irrelevant since most people have just sort of been going through the motions and it was likely to happen after the holiday weekend.
2) There are decent reasons why Miller claiming often leads to debates. It is an occasional Scum gambit and eventually we'll have to decide whether we believe Asiina since Scum will almost never kill a claimed Miller. It gives her an excuse to live through the whole game and ensures that she won't be caught by the most common mechanical way of catching Scum.
3) I think LYNCHING claimed Millers on Day 1 is a stupid policy lynch since lynches are a good way to see opinions from most of the people in a game about an individual and reducing that to a formula similarly reduces the information gained. Vigging them on the other hand is a sound decision since it really only speaks to one person's alignment anyway.
4) This is a stupid chain of votes on me. Of the votes on me, I think greatZebu's seems the most Scummy but this is his/her actual first game and I'm against lynching newbies Day 1.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Asiina posted:

Trap sprung!

##vote capps

Only scum would hate horses.

mr.capps posted:

i really do hate horses
like no joke
I agree. Horses suck.

I rode one and felt like my teeth were going to chatter out of my head. I also lived on a farm until I was about 8, and horses would bite all the time, kick or attempt to kick people frequently, and poo poo everywhere. Horses are with bunnies in my "list of insanely overrated animals".

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Its not my first game, I tricked you all.
:monocle:

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

mr.capps posted:

##vote Ardulac
only scum could hate bunnies
They're whirling, little balls of teeth and claws.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Okay so I don't know who is new anymore but check this post out guys.

Check. It. Out.

##unvote
It is a bad post.
I agree with what you're saying here, but why the unvote?

Barehanded Brother posted:

Anyways I still think ardulac is scummy even after his post-haiku backtracking - "hey, whoa, I didn't say lynch, just, here are some reasons for getting rid of millers, just in case the vig was a lie". His post looks reasonable on its face, but to me it sounds like laying down some trackwork for a miller lynch train come the D1 deadline scramble.
Accusing me of backtracking for explaining the distinction between what I actually said and what I never said and then attacking me for something you expect me to do in the future. Classy.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Arcugrinder: It isn't sporting to vote new players.
I agree. I didn't understand that that was your reason for unvoting.

Ignoring the new people, my current picks are ##Vote BHB > Juanito.

BHB for:

I hate scumclaiming with a fiery passion and if we have to reinstate Kill Capps Month for him and his lol2edgy4u postalikes then so be it. ##vote mr. capps

Anyways I still think ardulac is scummy even after his post-haiku backtracking - "hey, whoa, I didn't say lynch, just, here are some reasons for getting rid of millers, just in case the vig was a lie". His post looks reasonable on its face, but to me it sounds like laying down some trackwork for a miller lynch train come the D1 deadline scramble.

Also I thought Skinty McEdger's almost-haiku was funny so I won't vote him. Keane is a wildcard but going after a newbie on a trumped-up charge is...unsettling.
this horrible post. I already addressed the trumped up case against me, but he also engages in a policy lynch and gives two different defenses of Skinty. Oh, and his only other post since the game started was a single line post to vote me for his initial stupid reason. That makes his doubling down on the case on me just seem like Scum not wanting to appear wishy washy.

Juanito for posting a lot without saying much of anything. Most of his votes are :bandwagon:s without any commentary and his other posts are mostly just jokes that are unrelated to the content of the game.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

You're right, I don't care if capps is scum, I'm just sick of scumclaiming being given a pass. People choose to scumclaim either because a) they're town and think they're being hilarious to the detriment of anyone who would like to trust them or anything they say further on in the game, or b) they're scum who want to skate by on the assumption that no scum would actually claim scum for any reason, and further want to rub it in town's faces if they survive to win. Either reason is stupid and makes the game not fun to play, and I always have and always will policyvote scum claimers for both of those reasons until it disappears in SA mafia.
I agree that Scum claiming is obnoxious, but policy lynching is bad.

quote:

As for why I explained my case on Ardulac more than my vote on capps, well, I actually have a case on Ardulac, who's now voted me partly because I policy voted, which is deeply ironic given that his only content this game prior to that post has been to advocate and defend his position on "killing" millers. Now he's voting someone else because Keane more or less told him to stop voting newbies, and the best he could come up with was an OMGUS and a weak case on Juanito that could describe pretty much half of the players in D1 of this (or really any) game.
You are comically bad at reading my posts. I already explained the difference between lynches and Vigs, and I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be able to see the distinction or at least understand why someone would make it. Keane also didn't tell me to stop voting newbies, I had already said I don't vote new people on Day 1. Keane just pointed out that that was the reason she unvoted when I asked her. My case may be an OMGUS, but your posts just reek of awkwardness and nothing else is leaping out at me.

We're less than 11 hours from the deadline, so I'm hoping we'll see a little more activity. The Capps lynch seems bad and most of the people on it have given no explanation for their votes.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I don't know, why?
He already explained his case in its entirety:

mr.capps posted:

##vote Ardulac
only scum could hate bunnies
The case on Capps is poo poo, but I don't understand why he's sticking to this case.

Capps, if lynching me wasn't an option who would your next two lynch choices be?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

mr.capps posted:

Well, if I am lynching someone to not die myself I am fine with Opop or BHB because those guys are the other people right now who seem likely to die then not me.

But for people I want to lynch it goes you, then BHB, and then skinty.
The bunny vote is just a joke, I dunno but something about you seems off this game. You feel "slipperly" and I don't really know how to explain that in a way that makes sense.
That's fair. There's no accounting for gut.

We're 2 hours from deadline, so how about you hop on the BHB lynch and you can go back to trying to lynch me tomorrow.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

1.5 hours to deadline. If anyone is around please show up in the thread and post your thoughts on at least 3 players.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Well, I'm glad the steam died down on that Opop lynch since the case on him is really stupid. He's low effort this game, but it doesn't look like his Scum game at all and I'll be shocked if he flips Scum.

I'm feeling like a greatZebu lynch, but I want to re-read to see if anything jumps out at me. I'd advise that everyone else do the same since we're still at a low number of pages. I have to head out to court soon, but I'll be back in a few hours.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I appreciate it but holy wow jeez that is the scummiest post ##vote ard.
That's fine. I get suspicious when people defend me too.

I do think it's silly how eager people are to swing to new lynches in this game as soon as someone pushes for them slightly.

mr.capps posted:

yeah arc is probably scum but i still feel like day one was orchestrated
i'll vote arc
##vote arc
:psyduck: Are you suggesting that the lynch you started was orchestrated by Scum?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I can appreciate voting the guy you feel more strongly about, but it just feels like distancing from my likely flip when you intentionally avoid getting on the bandwagon on me.

Buddying to Opop, a condescending dismissal of bandwagon votes, and then the world's most disingenuous question - misreading capps' post so badly it must have been intentional.
I wasn't buddying to Opop, he's too smart for that :wink:. Honestly, I just disagreed with the bandwagon on him. Sue me.

I'll be around tomorrow morning, but I am burnt out from a hectic day and running my 13th Age campaign.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

greatZebu posted:

Your likely flip? That doesn't make any sense at all. If he's scum he knows how you'll flip and there's nothing likely about it. If he's not scum he wouldn't be distancing.
The likelihood that I will flip.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

After a re-read, I'm not feeling the greatZebu lynch. I'm down with lynching Hal or BHB.

Hal for the most incredibly low effort I think I've ever seen from him. He has posts where he literally says he'll vote to lynch anybody and asks who he should be voting. He was also a big part of the momentum building on the Jam lynch.

BHB for the reasons I mentioned yesterday, for dodging the lynch that was speeding up on him yesterday, and for the distancing I mentioned earlier.

##Vote BHB

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Also, we're less than 8.5 hours from deadline so please post if you'll be around and who you would consider voting.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I changed my mind on greatZebu because on a closer re-read I got more of a nervous newbie vibe than a newbie Scum vibe. I wish I had something more interesting to say than "my bad".

Opopanax posted:

I am content. Especially with you just happening to settle on BHB, like the only other guy with heat on him. If you'd admitted self preservation I'd weigh options, but you tried to justify it so I'm sticking to my guns.
He was my top non-newbie candidate yesterday as well. Sorry for justifying my vote.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

This post looks oddly familiar...

I guess that means this is the last we'll see of Ardulac today.

##vote Ardulac
I do that in pretty much every game I'm in. It's not a Town tell, but it sure as hell isn't a sign that I'm Scummy.

Whatever, you guys are being idiots and I'm about frustrated enough to not even care if I'm removed from this game. I know it's petulant to say, but holy poo poo has the past day been the opposite of entertainment for me.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I'm at -1, so I may as well claim. I'm the Cop. I was trying to make sure people would know I got a Town result on Opop, but we all see how that went.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

So for those who thought I was hiding something, congratulations :confuoot:.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Got an opinion on who you think is scum?
I still think BHB is the most likely. I don't really care for the cases on Skinty, but I'm willing to vote anyone to avoid a no lynch.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you look at my case on Capps. He's pushed two lynches on bad cases and both players have turned out to be town.
I'm coming around on him. I thought the case on him yesterday was bad, but he's been pinging me a bit today. I'll look at the specifics of the case.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

D1 he voted Ard for not liking bunnies. He tried to push other people to vote Ard with him but the only reason he could come up with was that Ard was "slippery". No one else was interested so he moved the push to Jam.

Today this is his only comment before voting Ard

And this comment comes right after he tries to get people to continue focusing on everyone who voted him. None of his opinions or focus seem sincere to me.

##vote Capps
I think he was being honest about the bunny thing being a joke, and his explanation that it was based on gut struck me as sincere during Day 1. He wouldn't be my top pick for a lynch but like I said there's something that seems a bit off about him today.

Any chance we can swing BHB or Hal?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

CCKeane posted:

I'm so mad right now I'll like a non 2 prime number.

I can't even.
:golfclap:

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Let's do it!

##Vote Hal

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

My action failed last night.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Why bother if he's scum? Why not just call someone town.
I'm guessing he thinks I was roleblocked or jailed by Town and performed the night kill. In that case, I'd know that someone in the Town could counter claim me if I claimed a result. Why I'd perform the night kill when either of those roles or a tracker would be likely to target me is a very good question.

My guess is I was jailed, either by Town trying to protect me or by Scum who are trying to prevent me from getting results while making me look more suspicious. The second option doesn't explain the absence of a night kill, so I'm leaning towards the first option.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

It's like the more casework is done on a person, the easier they get lynched and vice versa.
I'm assuming this is the opposite of what you meant based on what you said before it. Which is kind of laughable coming from a guy with only 9 posts after signing up.

For my money, #2 is the likelier scenario. No one got jailed or roleblocked N1, right? And then all of a sudden "oh whoops I got roleblocked"; he can't even fake a scum investigation on me because once I flip town he gets autolynched, although given the way this game has gone maybe not.
You're assuming that people would get notice if they were blocked or jailed if they didn't have a power role, which seems unlikely based on the fact that my action failed instead of me being told why it failed. You're also assuming that someone would just immediately claim they were roleblocked if it happened, which while true in many games isn't normally a good play unless everyone has a role.

I still think you're the most sketchy person in this game and your tunneling on Capps and I smacks of lazy Scum not wanting to throw out too many meaningful opinions. ##Vote BHB.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

As an un-CC'd cop I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Did you see my case on Capps yesterday? What do you think of that?
Capps is the only person in this game other than me he seems at all interested in casing.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

But to satisfy you, and to prove to everyone else that I have thought-out opinions on them, and because I want to have the smuggest postgame possible, here's my thoughts on everyone else, in a convenient, sentence-long, gut-based format that y'all seem to be so beholden to:
I like how even your opinions on other people are mostly based on their connections to me. You really are not going to get to have a smug post game at this rate. It is starting to make me wonder though if you might be tunneling too hard for it to be fake.

Also, your summary made me realize I did something tremendously stupid last night, so I'm actually kind of glad I got blocked/jailed. I tried to cop Asiina :hurr:. I forgot all about her claim, and tried to choose someone who would be most unlikely to be framed or busdriven since I'd been forced to claim.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

We're just over 3 hours from deadline. I don't think Zebu or f_v seem particularly Scummy, but I'm open to the possibility of lynching someone other than BHB.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I was blocked last night, and I found out that was the language I should have gotten last night so that rules out the jailer theory.

Also, feeling pretty :smug: about my early read on BHB right now.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can I get some opinions. Do we think there are only 2 scum left?

One or two, but I'd lean towards two. Three Scum left is a slim possibility, which would be extremely damning of the players who said they were unwilling to vote BHB yesterday since all they would have had to do is lynch non-Scum and they would have won. I can't see a 4 Scum team in a 13 person game though.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I can only think of one game I've been in like this with 2 starting Scum and there was also an SK.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

mr.capps posted:

so i should probably give fv a condom tonight since
a. if she is scum she'll probably be visited by town
b. if she is town tracker she'll probably be visited by scum

alternatively ask fv who she is visiting and then i give that person a condom
If you're telling the truth and if we don't end up lynching you, then I'd say flip a coin between me and fv. The odds of neither of us receiving the doctor target, the RB, or the kill are pretty small and if it makes the Scum avoid targeting us then all the better.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Tremendous Taste posted:

wouldn't scum want him out of the game if he just dips out
That's true. If there are 2 Scum and Capps is telling the truth, then a mislynch today ends the game when Capps leaves tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

mr.capps posted:

can we talk in the morning i am really tired and don't want to stay up all night defending myself
As I just mentioned, even if you're telling the truth I don't think we can afford to leave you alive.

• Locked thread