Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Vavrek posted:

Could you ... just leave the OP as it is? I assume stuff is happening in this country, but I'm not sure how you can top that as an opener.

It's perfect as is. I have only one meager response:

quote:

Why aren't there any knock-knock jokes about America?

Because freedom rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fried Chicken posted:

GOP in control of the House, Senate, and Presidency? As much as National Review and the Wall Street Journal want to do "think pieces" about what a "conservative government" would look like we know exactly what it would be. The Bush years from 2000 - 2006, all over again.

It would be so much worse now. We had actual moderates then.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Lots of "free speech zones" are illegal, it's just that no one challenges them.

There's little point in challenging. A year in court, nominal damages at best, and you won't get a positive change in the law till the Supreme Court changes.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Maybe I am too optimistic but wouldn't trying to impeach the president lead to a huge rev up of the democratic party base in the elections.

It would be a good move for Obama actually specifically because it's something Reagan also did. If the impeachment may be incoming anyway, might as well choose your ground.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Gyges posted:

They've been heading off the "But Reagan..." slam for a while by occasionally and obliquely framing it as Reagan's one mistake on talk radio.

Yeah. Of course, nobody tried to impeach Reagan for his one mistake, either.

• Locked thread