Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Zombie Samurai posted:

PMCs are fascinating to me as well because I have literally no idea why they exist in the US or why we have dealings with them. I have a hard time believing that with as much money as we spend on defense that we need to hire wildcard mercenaries to shore up our forces. And it's not like it helps our PR in any way whatsoever, with all the shady and despicable things that have come out about them. I don't even understand what kind of legal area they operate from.

Does anyone have even a lukewarm view of PMCs? The media has only ever portrayed them as degenerate psychopaths, and the general public has never been given a reason to doubt that.

The fact that PMC's are legal in the first place already baffles me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

:lol:

Rick Perry defending our borders, or is this Nam?

I don't get these pictures. Who is supposed to be the target audience? People who want the governor of Texas go all Platoon on children? Who is dumb enough to think that Perry would do that and if not, what is the purpose here again? If yes...aren't there also equally dumb people who yet manage to be anti-child murder and who are horrified by this?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm not American so sorry if this happens a lot but did one of your major parties just sue the sitting president for something that I've never even heard about in any major international news outlet :psyduck:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

fade5 posted:

Yes. Welcome to 2014 American Politics, please enjoy the fact the US has vast amounts of influence all over the world, almost certainly including wherever you live. I would advise you to report to the chat thread for drink suggestions.

Sadly I don't drink all that much but I've found out that weed does the trick as well.

fade5 posted:

Oh wait hey, you're DarkCrawler, you're the one who gave me (and others) a crash course on the history of I/P conflict in the previous I/P threads; you're already familiar with the feeling of existential horror and sadness that comes from watching I/P literal slaughters happening in real-time. Also seriously thanks for your effortposts on I/P, I can follow the current horrors much better now.

:smith::hf::smith:

Thanks, good to know someone reads 'em.

• Locked thread