Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

i'm mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They admit that Legends exists :stare:

Do we get game? Are we getting new game?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
lol Capcom's never gonna make another megaman or DMC game again

:smithicide:

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

CharlestonJew posted:

lol Capcom's never gonna make another megaman or DMC game again

:smithicide:

"hey, remember that highly-desired sequel to a game we were thinking about making? LOL gently caress YOU"

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

The Taint Reaper posted:

They admit that Legends exists :stare:

Do we get game? Are we getting new game?

:cawg:

do you really have hope in this lovely company who deliberately hates its fans?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SGR posted:

:cawg:

do you really have hope in this lovely company who deliberately hates its fans?

They're like a soda machine which keeps making GBS threads our your dollar, eventually you just keep shoving in more dollars until you get your soda.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

that's a great analogy, The Taint Reaper

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I feel that everything started going downhill when capcom changed their logo intro from the older NES/SNES days into newer weirder forms

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

that's how I felt about EA's original slogan.

every time I would boot up my soccer game on my n64 I would shout "EA IT'S IN THE GAME"

then one time I was playing a game with my friend and I was ready to shout, but it was just a stupid little sound.

that's when I knew. I never gave another dollar since that point.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Capcom would rather make ten lovely resident evil games than one great mega man game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This can also be tracked with Sega

Makes u think

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Widestancer posted:

Makes u think

Sega unloaded all their dead IPs to Atlus. Supposedly stuff will happen but it's all ultra top Persona 5 level secret.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
they don't seem to be doing so great financially if them opening themselves up to a buyout is any indication

which franchise do you guys think will be the next to die? my money's on resident evil.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The glitchy version of the Capcom intro that awkwardly loops the final part of the chime while the logo fades out: it's canon

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Widestancer posted:

Makes u think

Last few sonics have been p good

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

can anyone explain the significance of that image in the op because i know its megaman volnutt and the megaman navi or whatever but i dont know why they are chilling together or where this image is from?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Oil Can Boyd posted:

can anyone explain the significance of that image in the op because i know its megaman volnutt and the megaman navi or whatever but i dont know why they are chilling together or where this image is from?

It's from the new Smash Bros I think, MM's final smash is all the different Megamans getting together for one big blast.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I am still mad about them giving DMC to loving Ninja Theory

"Oh yeah sure we'll give this hyper fighting-game-like action game to the people who can barely poo poo out sub-GOW quality gameplay yeah sure sounds like a good idea the americans will love it. COD numbers here we come!!"

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Someone post a list of games Capcom could be making and isn't

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

A New IP.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

capcom sell mega man to nintendo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

deadwing posted:

capcom sell capcom to nintendo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how solid of a strategy reselling all of their old games on every platform imaginable is

I must play Mega Man 2 of my microwave

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i used to work at a GAME and they gave out t shirts for us to wear when certain companies big games were selling and i have this pretty decent navy blue tshirt that just has ITS IN THE GAME on the front and a different lovely white one with CAPCOM on the back.

capcom don't even give a poo poo about the shirts man

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Didn't they make like 50 of those loving games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lol I don't play Megaman games so I don't feel your pain at all. Bitch.

Soral
May 30, 2009

megaman 9 was good and everyone who talked poo poo about it are directly to blame for capcom dumping megaman in the garbage

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

The best Campcom game was Mega Man X4.

English dubbed.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're like a soda machine which keeps making GBS threads our your dollar, eventually you just keep shoving in more dollars until you get your soda.

there like my rear end becasue they both STINK!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I feel really angry that capcom won't make another megamans game that's :japan: as gently caress and features bad tank controls because I liked the first two when I was six years old.

Also, after making at least one megamans game every year since the late 80's, they've stopped making them for a bit and canceled some games that look bad because literally the only person who cared at our company that was at the time doing really bad trash talked us, quit and then expected we spend lots of money making/publishing these games that haven't been selling well for years.

I am a smart and cool person and it's very healthy that I'm still mad about it years later.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

darealkooky posted:

I feel really angry that capcom won't make another megamans game that's :japan: as gently caress and features bad tank controls because I liked the first two when I was six years old.

Also, after making at least one megamans game every year since the late 80's, they've stopped making them for a bit and canceled some games that look bad because literally the only person who cared at our company that was at the time doing really bad trash talked us, quit and then expected we spend lots of money making/publishing these games that haven't been selling well for years.

I am a smart and cool person and it's very healthy that I'm still mad about it years later.

Lol if you don't think people would buy the poo poo out of a good megaman game

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

this is what dead rising 3 should have been in the first place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Plhv_mPT4

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I still don't know why they cancelled universe because that rocked conceptually.

[e] With games like shovel knight and mighty number 9 coming out I'm suprised somebody isn't kickstarting a not legends game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

darealkooky posted:

I'm sorry you dont enjoy fun

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Lol if you don't think people would buy the poo poo out of a good megaman game

every possible good megaman game that could be made already has because they've made loving 130 games idk why people don't just play those again

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

darealkooky posted:

every possible good megaman game that could be made already has because they've made loving 130 games idk why people don't just play those again

You might as well say the same thing about games in general, it would be just as silly

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

darealkooky posted:

This but unironically.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I never had strong feelings about Megaman, but it's mean to give a powerstone DLC for DR3 when there's been no new Powerstone game for 15 years.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

darealkooky posted:

I'm confused I thought tank controls are a concept for 3d movement in 3rd person or isometric perspective, whereas most Megaman games were 2d platformers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I just wanted a megaman legends game that controlled similarly to the onfoot combat in lost planet. But without the flailing around when you were near large enemies.

• Locked thread