Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Xheina van der Worrt
FP OOOOO / P OO / M OOOOO / (-2/-4/-6)

Xheina shakes her head at Gray. "There's only one Sigil, silly. It's just you're not at the right angle to see the other ones. All of it is already here though, we just need a new perspective if the person you're looking for turned around and went to the same place elsewhere." She smiles and claps him on the shoulder. "Don't worry, you'll figure it out. Or not."

She frowns at the sword, and pushes it back towards Navarre. "Alex, the whole point of the quest is you keep your sword so you can help! If you give it to me then what are you going to do? That doesn't make any sense."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Veodaal - FP: 5

The Conversation as Veo Hears It posted:

Alex: "Waffle waffle, waffle waffle waffle, conjecture conjecture, jargon jargon jargon..."

Coal: "Explain explain explain, complain complain, social blunder."

Gray: "Angry angry angry! Unwarranted hostility, overcompensate overcompensate!!"

Coal: "Umbrage! Umbrage umbrage, exasperation!"

K'irk: "Innuendo innuendo, creepy anecdote..."

Xheina: "Wah wah wah, wah wah, wah wah wah TREASURE MAP wah-"

"We're in."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

-Coal- FP:6, Phys: OOOO, Ment: OOO

Coal sighed at Veodaal. "Of course we are." He looked at Alex. "See? What did I tell you."

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Father Alexander Navarre - FP:5 / P: OO / M: OOOOO / (-2/-4/-6)

Alex crossed his arms in an exaggerated fashion, a mock scowl on his face, "That's how all the great heroes join quests in the legends, Xheina! Honestly!" He then grabbed the gladius from the table, returning it to his belt.

Turning to Coal, the scowl slipped away and he grinned once more, "Shouldn't have signed up to be a henchman if you didn't want to get drafted, comrade. But at least he pays you, right?"

ChrisAsmadi fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 8, 2014

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

K'irk - FP: 6

"Wow, you people certainly decide to go adventuring quickly, I..." K'irk stops midsentence and thinks for a second. "and I really don't have a leg to stand on here? Eh, I don't have any leads and I like to explore. Can I join?"

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Gray Lotwyver - FP: 7 / S: OOOO (P) / OOO (M) (-2/-4/-6)

"What if you did?" Gray asked, suddenly. "You said you got here from another Sigil. Think you can show me where you landed? I bet there's a clue or three to how the jump works." Alexander was none too sure about how an interdimensional portal might work...and that meant the next best option, short of spending a month trying to get to the information vaults in the Lady's Ward was fieldwork. Might as well get started early. "Shouldn't take that long I figure. All I need is a guide and then you can go chase that treasure if you want to."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Xheina van der Worrt

"We're already doing a sidequest? I knew I picked the right cutters for this!"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Exiting the Bar Fight

While the rest of the bar is distracted in fighting one another, and generally missing the ones who started the bar fight, the newly formed group quickly exits the Smoldering Corpse Bar. The group follows K'irk, probably not sure why, but the kobold apparently came from another Sigil and maybe they could learn something from where he came through. He leads them out of the Hive, and through strange and twisting alleys, that are a bit different than the ones he is used to, but eventually finds his way back to the Clerk Ward.

There he looks through the various shops and warehouses until he finds the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts. Not really the kind of lusts K'irk is used to but still a brothel is a brothel.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

K'irk stands outside the front doors of the brothel and waves his hand towards it. "So, this is the place I appeared at. Weirdest freaking place. I mean, it's a brothel, and I like brothels, but they don't let me touch. I figure this place has some kind of connection to Slaanesh, given the daemonette running it, but it's been a long time since I've been into 'pleasure by abstaining from what you want', which seems to be this places forte."

Walking forward, he opens the door and pauses for a moment, before looking back at the others. "So, uh, you may not want to come in here unless you are one of the open-minded sort. But I came through in one of the rooms. Was quite a shock to the lady... I think her name was 'Falls-From-Grace'. She has the biggest set of wings on her... and those horns..."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

"This is the place? Somehow I'm not all that surprised." Gray let the little Kobold captain fantasize for a bit longer before cutting him off. After all, K'irk was doing him a solid. "Think you can introduce us to the lady? I bet I can get her permission to investigate that portal. Wouldn't want to go snooping in this kind of establishment without being on the level with the owner. That could get uncomfortable real quick."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"A brothel... for talking?" Coal seemed intrigued by the idea. He tilted his head to the side and read the sign on the outside of the building.

<I leave you alone for twenty minutes and you're already at a brothel. Well done, Master.>

The purple hellhound slinked out of a shadowy corner to take up his place at Coal's heel. He wasn't speaking any language anyone from the Planes would know. Murrazanoth had donated his knowledge of Common to Coal, in exchange for the binding that kept him alive. The trade meant that the only tongue he retained in his current form was English, which of course only his Master knew.

Coal sighed at his familiar. "It's not that kind of brothel. So where'd that straggler hole up?" He'd sent Murray after the last of the three assassins, the one who'd managed to crawl away somewhere before he could be properly dispatched. There hadn't been any markings or papers on the two they'd finished off to identify who had tried to set them up.

<He expired before he could reach any kind of safety. I think it was the burns that did it. A pity.>

"drat. No luck on the runaway Veo, it sounds like you overcooked him..." It was about then that he noticed everyone staring at the pair of them. "Oh, uh... right. This is Murray. He's a little parasite that bummed a ride when I ended up in Sigil."

Coal smiled at Alex. "See, I'm a henchman. He's a lackey."

The hellhound gave everyone a cheshire cat grin.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Suddenly, Coal felt Gray's gaze upon him, much more intense than before. There was something about it that set him on edge. His bright blue eyes were very wide and open, and there was a predatory look about them that filled him with unease. It was as if he could see through him. As though he could see what he was made of...and what he saw was a sack of meat.

"Where I come from, we don't call those parasites. We call them Familiars." Gray started, still keeping his overwide eyes on Coal as he spoke, his voice calm, almost didactic. Combined, they gave the impression of a naïve child, almost. Almost. "And where I come from, we don't call someone like you a henchman. We call him a mage."

There was something about that word. He'd managed to come off as bitter before, but this...there weren't words to describe it. It was the tone one might use for an old, dangerous enemy, one who had committed such an irreparable wrong that only blood could wash it away. And suddenly his eyes were narrow and distrustful, and his hands were on the hilts of his blades.

"He's not lying. The Familiar and him got bounced into the city, somehow, and it shows. Can you feel it? They don't belong here. They're wrong." He looked at K'irk for a moment and shook his head. "He doesn't fit either, but in a different way. These two...the multiverse is fighting against them. And they're fighting back. They need to get gone and stay gone, before they hurt themselves or someone else. I didn't notice before because I was too busy getting mad at him for being a blockhead, but I know I'm right. You shouldn't be here in the Cage, sword guy. Am I wrong?"

Gray peered at him closely, without stopping to catch his breath. "You're not a wild one. That's a plus I guess. Means I don't have to shank you for being off your loving rocker like some other mages I've met. You're a...the hell did they call those...a preserver. Keeping an eye out, fighting the good fight, the works...you think you are, anyway. We both know that's a crock of poo poo. Like the Hardheads, but you're not packing a symbol. So you just got there on your own. And you ain't got direction like they got, for jack poo poo. You're off, just like your impression is. And you know it."

Shaking his head, Gray snapped out of his reverie, his expression returning to his normal distrustful look. Crossing his arms, he glared at Coal. "So what's your plan? You gonna try to bust out some magic to get the portals going? Maybe track 'em down? Whatever you're thinking of doing, we're all ears. Need to know so we can get the hell out of the way. 'Specially if it involves that hunk of steel of yours. Never met a mage who knew how to really use a sword for poo poo."

Murray looks entirely too much like a familiar...and that kicks Gray's Spell Tracer into overdrive. He reveals Coal's Warden Aspect, his Concept, and his Omega Aspect, as all of them relate to magical facets of his life in some way. Boy, what a shocker!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Uh... Are you sure you didn't drink one too many back at the Rotating Corpse?"

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"You didn't say no. If you were just a sword for sale, you'd do that." Gray pointed out. "A mage. Hell, just what we needed." The sigh that escaped his lips was low and tired and well-worn. His eyes set on Coal's. "So just be level with me for a minute. This whole trip, you running more than the obvious plot or are you trying to keep it simple for the moment?"

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

"It's a Sensate joint, most likely. Their ethos is all about experiencing odd stuff like this. Bit barmy if you ask me, I'd rather just have a few good books to read," Alex explained cheerfully as the group approached the brothel.

Alex sighed as Gray began kicking off once more. Stepping between the duo, he looked up at Gray, somehow managing to achieve the look that a teacher gives a particularly foolish student, despite the height difference. Suddenly serious, he explained, "Gray, you grumpy berk. Ignoring for one second the fact that the only two people who're willing to tolerate you in a pub these days are a wild mage who's basically singing in bedlam and an itinerant priest with far too much patience than you deserve, you're asking us all for help, you daft sod! You don't get help by insulting cutters! And guess what, picking a fight every ten minutes isn't going to help you find your redhead, either - it's going to end with someone finding you in a ditch with all your stuff nicked. So calm the hell down and stop acting like such a grumpy sod!"

With a shake of his head, Alexander spun around and knelt by Murray, speaking in fluent Infernal in a cheerful (for Infernal, mind) tone, "So what scheme are you pulling on our wizardly comrade?"

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Veodaal - FP: 5

"Lotwyver, I haven't the faintest clue what you're raving at Coal about this time," Veo huffs, "but if you want to count us your allies in this, it stops. Now."

Provoke /+// +5 = 6 for holy poo poo shut up Gray.

"A door to another Sigil, you say?" Veo asks K'irk. The dragon tilts his head from the entryway, to the sign, to the entryway again. "I wonder if they've tried to seal it or put up a velvet rope around it and billed at as their latest attraction?" So saying, he turns the doorknob and heads inside to find out.

Let's all take a siesta at the multiversal whorehouse for nerds! Surely this can only end well!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Xheina van der Worrt

"I don't see why you're always such a stick in the mud, Gray. What's wrong with being a mage - or a girl for that matter?" Xheina shrugs, then leans back to check out the signage for a moment. "More importantly! Why didn't you berks tell me this was here? This sidequest just got amazing!" With that she follows - or really pushes past - Veo into the building.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

("Who, me?") Murray rubbed his scraggly head against Alex's knee. Infernal was his natural language, and he had no trouble replying. ("I have the unenviable position of keeping Master alive until he finds us a way home. In the meantime, I simply wish to know all there is to know.")

Murray is a demon of curiosity!

---

Coal sighed and scratched the side of his head. He really wasn't sure why finding out he was a 'mage' bothered Gray so much. You couldn't throw a rock into a crowd in Sigil without hitting three spellcasters, and it wasn't like he'd been trying to hide the fact that he was one of them.

He waited for Veodaal and the others to push their way into the brothel, leaving just him, Gray, Alex and Murray outside.

"Look, Gray, I don't know how you guessed any of that without the help of magic, but you're not wrong. I'm not from the multi-verse, and neither is Murray. But where I come from, some of the people with magic are in charge of defending the people without it from the things they can't fight. That was my job. One of the bad guys was summoning what we called <Outsiders>. Things from beyond the border of our dimension. Things from yours."

He paused, fighting down the memory of being ripped clean out of the universe. It still made him nauseous just thinking about it.

"Sometimes when you banish an alien horror from another dimension, you get dragged back through with it. I broke loose before I ended up in whatever hell-plane it came from, drifted for a while, and woke up in an alley in the Lower Wards. Murray ended up along for the ride, so I pacted him as my familiar. He would have died if I hadn't, and I would have died more than once if I didn't have him watching out for me. I want to go home someday, and in the meantime I'm working for-slash-with Veodaal. That's... really all there is to tell."

He looked down at Alex. "Did any of that sound crazy to you?"

---

Cole attempts to Empathy Gray and discern one of his aspects: -+// +2 = 2!
Gray resists with Deceit: /-++ +3 = 4! Guess he remains unreadable.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Gray gave Coal a very odd look, then just shook his head. "'Course you wouldn't know. 'Course you wouldn't." He listened to Coal quietly as he explained the rest. After he finished, Gray thought for a moment, then closed his eyes.

"So something like mind flayers or beholders? That's what I'd call an alien horror, if I had to guess at what was going on." He opened his eyes and looked at the Warden again. "What happened to the summoned monster you banished, anyways? People could end up hurt if it's one of the wilder types. Wouldn't wish the pleasure of getting your brains sucked out by a mind flayer on anyone, not even a...not even my worst enemy."

Transient People fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 10, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Coal looked worried. He'd often wondered that himself. "I don't know where it ended up. I don't even know if I was the only one pulled through. It was bigger than a mind-flayer. Wriggly. Hard to look at straight on. Wrong. Just like I'm wrong here."

He reached up to his shoulder and grabbed the hilt of his sword, baring a few inches of polished silver. "You can insult me all you like, buddy. But this was my Captain's. You make one more snide comment about it, and I'll show you what I can do with it." He let go of the hilt, letting the metal ring softly as it fell back into the sheath.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

There was a tone in Coal's voice that Gray recognized. That was very, very familiar...

"Maybe you've got more brawn to you than it looks like." There was an intention behind the comment, but this time it didn't sound snide. Only...interested? "You mind if I take you up on that offer once we're done here? I've been hitting the streets instead of the gym way too long. Almost forgotten what a really good scrap feels like." Gray smiled mischievously, and his eyes twinkled with excitement. "You're not going to chicken out, right? 'Cause I can make fun of your sword if that's what it takes to get you in the right mood when the time comes."

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Alex patted Murray on the head, musing in Infernal, ("Curiosity's something I can respect.")

He stood, glancing at Gray and Coal, "It all sounded barmy to me, comrade - but that doesn't make it wrong, it just means that we need to find more information. If it happened to you, odds are it might have happened to somebody else, and that means there's bound to be some fragment of lore left from the last person to wash up in Sigil from your world. As for the creatures? I'm sure you could find some grimoire cataloguing beings like that."

"By the way, if you two want to get a room, there's a hostel down the road on the left. Who knows, Coal, you might even make Gray less of a miserable berk!" said Alex cheekily as he pushed open the brothel's door, heading inside after the others.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Gray gave one look to the door Alex had disappeared through and his expression turned thoughtful. He looked at Coal again afterward.

"Should I just kill him, or do you think I should make it a messy affair instead?" He asked, as if he was considering the options available to him.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Murray snickered. <This one's always thinking with his sword, isn't he?>

Coal shook his head at the departed Alex. "Don't worry Gray. You're not my type. Too monochrome." He pushed the door open and gestured to it with a hand. "Ladies first."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"Does that include eunuchs who regret their life choices? 'Cause if so, I think you're up first, pal."

And so, a few minutes later, Gray and his new Warden acquaintance finally entered the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 10, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Brothel of Slaking Intellectual Lusts

K'rk opens the door and enters, and the others follow suit, with some taking their time. Upon entering they see

a succubus.

She greets each of you as you enter, and surprisingly she refers to Gray as a man. This might surprise a few who somehow didn't get the point of the bar fight, or might even surprise Gray who is used to everyone seeing him as a girl.

Already some can feel the pull of her beauty, for she is a succubus, but strangely you can sense that she is rather chaste. Which is quite odd for a succubus.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

K'irk's confident stride falters a moment when he comes face to chest with a pair of orbs that he remembers very very well. Looking up towards Falls-From-Graces face, the little lizard utters a broad grin and waves cheerfully. "Hey, Falls! Your wings are looking sexy as ever. So, I know you said that I wasn't supposed to come back here again, and I'm really sorry about the trouble I caused before. All a total misunderstanding, I thought I was someplace else and that you were something that you aren't and... Look. Is there any way I can talk my way back into your bedroom? And my friends too, of course. It'd be a group thing."

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Veodaal - FP: 5->4

"We're here to inspect some sort of mysterious hole." Veo pauses, looking the succubus up and down before narrowing his eyes at K'irk. "The kobold claims it leads to another multiverse; given the context, I suspect it may actually be his circuitous attempt at a second pass." Remembering himself, Veo inclines his head politely. "Forgive my ignorance, but I confess myself curious-" he shoots a warning glare at K'irk before the smaller lizard can make another off-color remark. "How exactly does one slake an intellectual lust?"

Veo rolls Rapport to place a Scene Aspect of "Good First Impressions", the better to tag for when Gray or K'irk one of us inevitably shoves our foot down our collective throats and we need to talk our way out with a minimum of property damage. +--/ +4 = 3, yuck. Invoking on "The Aristocrats!" for a reroll: +++/ +4 = 7! A Success with Style! Aspect lands, and we get TWO free uses out of it!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Xheina van der Worrt

Xheina raises her hand. "I'd like to know that too! I was just tagging along to laugh at these guys but as long as I'm here..."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Brothel of Slaking Intellectual Lusts

Fall-From-Grace smiles at K'irk, she smiles at everyone, and responds. "I believe I told you last time that this is not that kind of brothel."

She turns to Veo, "I am not aware of any mysterious holes in my bedroom. I was not aware of any portals either. Though the kobold K'irk did appear as if from nowhere. A portal would make sense, but as I said I am unaware of any."

She thinks for a moment and finally adds "I am not in the habit of letting others into my bedroom, customers or otherwise. However I will help you on one condition. If you speak to my ten students I will let you enter my bedroom."

She gestures past the entry hall and toward the large central room, with its radiating spokes of rooms along the walls. Going through the entry hall into the central room you quickly spot three geometrical metal beings, for those more experienced with planar travel they are clearly Modrons. They are carefully watching a beautiful metal skinned woman talking to a man and playing some sort of game upon a board.

Glancing around you can see that there is a circular hallway that surrounds the central room, and spaced at fairly regular intervals there are doorways leading into various rooms. In all there appear to be ten such rooms, not counting the central room nor the entry hall. Various patrons, and the occasional woman, walk along the hallway or pass through the central room, entering or exiting one of the ten rooms in the circle.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 14, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Xheina van der Worrt

Xheina salutes Fall-From-Grace solemnly. "We'll do what we can, ma'am!" She pulls a coin out of her pocket, flips it, catches it, and puts it away without bothering to look at it. Then she's off, first stopping to peer at the game board the Modron's are at. She looks at it from every angle, then whispers some advice to one of them, and then skipping off to the first door on the left before the Modron has a chance to respond.

I'll just leave this here.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Gray didn't even shrug as Xheina sped off and away, like a magic and mayhem-fueled rocket. "Right then, I think we should just get started. How about we all take a room and then whoever's done first takes another 'til we've found all the students? I think...I'll take that one." He pointed, then made for the door...

...Before stopping, turning around and taking a deep, respectful bow. "By the way, Miss Grace? Thanks for wasting your time with us. Pleasure talking to you." With that, he ventured into the Brothel's depths. It was time to walk the walk and talk the talk, as it were.

Rolled for the door, got a 5. Gray will take the middle-est door, then.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 15, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

As they headed into the central room, both Warden and Demon paused to stare at the Modrons. Murray had never seen anything quite like them before, and his curious nature demanded observation. And possibly prodding. Potentially biting. Just to see what would happen. His Master had only a little bit more tact, and managed to stay with the others while watching the strange cube and sphere men out of the corner of one eye.

<I'm going to stay here and keep watch.> the Hellhound said, climbing onto the back of a chair to watch the people playing the game. <You have fun slaking your intellectual lusts, Master. It shouldn't take long, knowing you.>

"Fine. But behave yourself. We're guests here. No biting."

Murray let out a disgruntled snuff but nodded.

"Right then." Coal turned to Veo. "I guess we'll meet up after?"

Coal wasn't sure if he actually had any intellectual lusts, and was somewhat hesitant to find out what they were if he did. Besides, didn't you usually have to pay to talk to the er... working ladies in a brothel? This place made less sense than Xheina.

He headed down one of the hallways, trying not to make any assumptions about who (or what) might be behind the door at the end.

Door number 4!

mistaya fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 15, 2014

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Alex grins, almost cockily, at the task, "Asking a scholar and a teacher to teach for you, ma'am? And I thought the Sensates were all about experiencing something new, not asking a man to walk in his own shoes. Elysium knows, I've walked far enough in these ones already." He glanced down at his own rather weather beaten travelling boots before pausing and studying the board game intently, "To push and expand the mind is admirable, of course, but your methods are... rather barmy, from what I've heard."

Tearing himself away from the board game, he smiled and placed his palm on the seventh door, feeling the wood, "Lucky number seven's not lead me wrong yet... mostly. And remember, comrades, all may not be as it seems." With the cryptic warning, he pushed the door open and headed in.

((Taking lucky door number 7.))

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Veodaal - FP: 4

"Or sooner," Veo replies to Coal, still somewhat bewildered by this turn of events. Nonplussed, the dragonblood marches smartly up to Door Number One. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" he calls back, and ducks low and folds his wings close to get through the doorway.

Clearly #1 is the only fitting choice. Clearly.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

K'irk - FP: 6->7

"Apprentices? Would any of them happen to be sexy ladies who are part dragon? Or men, I'm not too picky with dragon-kin." K'irk offers a toothy grin and doesn't wait for a response. "Ah, never mind, I'll check myself. It's always fun to look at other people. Especially in a brothel." Not pausing for a second, the kobold races to the first door he sees.

Said first door may be a door somebody else has gone in. K'irk is compelling Where No K'irk Has Gone Before to check ALL of the rooms, not just one!

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Room 1

Veodaal, Xheina and K'irk enter the room immediately to their left. It is a nice room, with a wardrobe, some dressers, a bed and such things. It does not seem to contain any young women at the moment.

Room 4

Coal heads toward the fourth room going clockwise and finds that it is similarly decorated to the others, perhaps with its own touches of individuality. But one thing this room does have that the others so far have not is a girl. A dusky skinned girl who gives Coal a timid smile, touched with sadness.

Room 5

Gray heads about halfway around the circle and enters the fifth door going clockwise. He finds that like the first room this room is currently empty. It is clearly lived in, but the girl who lives in it must be somewhere else in the building right now.

Room 7

Father Alexander heads to the far side of the circle, finding himself closer to the counterclockwise side of the circle than the clockwise side. He enters the room and finds it dark. He can hear some breathing from the far side, behind a privacy screen, and then a hissing voice. "Stay where you are."

Room 1 is the 15 on there, 2 is 14, 3 is 13, 4 is 12, 5 is 11, 6 is 9, 7 is 8, 8 is 7, 9 is 6, 10 is 4, and 11 is 3.
Fall-From-Grace is at 2, the metal skinned woman is at 5, another beautiful woman is at 10, and the modrons who are watching the metal skinned woman are at 16.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Gray took one look at the room and shrugged. "Guess this ain't my lucky day. Not that I didn't know that." On the plus side, that was one less room to worry about. Retracing his steps back to the main passage, he took the door to his left. Maybe this time he'd find someone to talk to.

Let's go visit Room 6!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Er, Hi there." Real smooth, Rick. "I'm Coal. The Madame asked me and my companions to talk to her students, which I'm guessing you're one of?" He took a few steps inside the room and closed the door behind him quietly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Alex held his hands up, palms forwards, in a gesture of surrender, halting at the room's door. Calmly, he spoke, "Greetings. The proprietor of this establishment asked us to speak with her students. So, as much as I regret disturbing you and your business, I must ask if you are one of them."

• Locked thread