Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Watching people play through the game and watching this, makes me wonder if they know that there's an auto-loot option for loot boxes that's pre-enabled. You can open those boxes and just run away.

Also, if you complain about the swordplay and watched a guy spam a single move over and over again- You're doing it wrong. It's MUCH, MUCH more fun and chaotic just dashing straight into a pile mobs, slashing them limb to limb, before running out of there either rocking as a champion or almost fuggin dead.

Also, stuff on the ranking system, it seems to be based on damage, damage taken, and time spent. There's a specific area where you could easily clear out with an aoe weapon and it get 5 stars. Tiger's Roar is a stun and Divide the Heavens is an area beam slash, making them really safe and boring to use.

VVV: I'm not going to even argue because it's dumb and stupid to begin with.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

J.theYellow posted:

And yet, the few times he doesn't get 5 stars, is when he doesn't exclusively use the sword, and, often enough, something other than this method. Again, this is the only LP I've seen that has such consistently high stars throughout the game. I get it, most people don't care about the stars, so few LPs demonstrate high stars. But it seems like some people believe something about this game that does not get demonstrated.

The stars is an arbitrary mechanic for a ranking system used in a single player fps, in which the scoring for the leaderboards at the end of level is determined by damage dealt, taken, secret founds, time spent on the level. Which also has a loving score cap. As arcadey as this game is, what you're arguing about is an arbitrary game mechanic and that is stupid. What I said was something stupid and just an observation point from when I played the game myself. You watched one of the most boring playthroughs and that is stupid.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

There's something about executing an enemy that you knock down that gives a small special feeling.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Really love that you get more Tattoos the more Ki skill upgrades you get. Looking mighty yakuza there, Wang.

Also, Wow I remember dying a lot of times in that arena. Also looking back, I loved using the Akimbo Uzis and didn't regret getting the akimbo upgrade first.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 29, 2014

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Oblivion4568238 posted:

As "that person with the artbook" I am always happy to help on providing the names of new enemies.

They're Warpers. Nothing fancy. Actually, that goes for about every basic enemy, doesn't it? Crawlers crawl across walls and ceilings. Mothers lay explosive eggs. Birdmen are... well, birdmen. And, so, Warpers warp.

Honestly thought that they would be called Banshees, the teleporting demons. They really went basic with the naming convention didn't they?

• Locked thread