Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

Zain posted:

This was probably one of the best surprises ever. While the first Shadow Warrior was good as itself, the humor never really stood up for more than 20 minutes because it was just the same stuff over and over. This game actually has a step up on characters and their interaction with what's around them as well as good characterization.

I've warmed to it more these days, but Shadow Warrior was always my least favourite of the big-three Build games. This game was a really nice surprise. Never did really bother with the stars system though.

It's jarring to think I live in a world where a Shadow Warrior reboot has better writing than a Thief reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Yeah, you get it ("Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior") as a freebie with the main game now.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

J.theYellow posted:

(Did you know this game was known as "Shadow Warriors" in the PAL regions for the first few games?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVz9__a8x-I

Also do not confuse with:

Shadow Dancer: That Shinobi game with the dog
Shadow Fighter: The one good Amiga Street Fighter rip-off

The original Shadow Warrior hit at the peak of Britain's anti-ninja censorship (because some kid took his eye out with home-made nunchucks or something) so the shuriken were replaced with darts. Someone on SA pointed out this was cleverly replacing a rare, difficult to use weapon with a common, everyday weapon anyone can obtain from their local pub.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Yep, that's a nod to the original.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
I was surprised to see Chuck Bloody Norris advertising a bank when I went to Wroclaw a while ago.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
I've warmed to the original Shadow Warrior (you do have to be very careful about using your explosive weapons), but it's still my least favourite of the Big Three Build games. And that's not purely nostalgia - I never played Blood back in the day, but I think it's the best by quite some way now. Where's my drat source port, Atari?

Think upon this: the Shadow Warrior reboot has better writing - spectacularly better writing! Big ol' powerfully racist Shadow Warrior! - then the Thief reboot. This is somehow the world we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

anilEhilated posted:

Anyway, apparently there is supposed to be an after-credits scene, but I can't for the life of me get it to trigger. I guess that's the time to call for audience participation again?

It's not really an after credits scene, and I got it on normal.

I think I'm remembering the order right here: the camera keeps zooming out and back again. First time back, what's-her-face has gone, and it's just Lo Wang and Hoji's corpse. Next time round, Lo Wang has gone as well.

Edit: oh, someone said that already. I remember it being more ambiguous, I didn't think her body was there.

Prenton fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 15, 2014

• Locked thread