Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1015 »
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Catching up to god quicker

Housh posted:

You think all these Kanye albums going to be short?
wasn't pretty much all the poo poo he revealed seven tracks? guess some of them might last longer than others in terms of actual time total but I figure most of them will be pretty short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel
Believe, believe in me, believe....

HorseRenoir posted:

advance copies of Pusha T's album are out according to twitter, apparently the album is only 20 minutes long but not a single second is wasted. hearing a lot of comparisons to Hell Hath No Fury

I'll buy a Pusha Album that was 3 minutes of YUUGH and WOO's

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dwyane Wade is still taking his player option for $23.8 million next season, according to sources. The Jimmy Butler trade affects nothing

https://twitter.com/Complex/status/999481222257610753

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

everything I've heard from this Pusha album is awesome

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

20 minutes I listen through three times in a sitting better than a 90 minute album I listen to once ever.

Two of my favorite projects of the last few years are beast mode (28min) and 56 nights (28min).both could lose a track or two and not be any less great.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

The REAL Goobusters posted:

dude I would take a 7 track album over these 20+ song albums all day every day.
Oh I totally agree, but 7 tracks/20 minutes is an EP, not an album.

It's a similar boat to what Nine Inch Nails is in. They're about to release a new EP but they're calling it an album despite it only being 6 tracks/30 minutes. Apparently they're only calling it that because albums show up more to the forefront of artist pages on streaming services and EPs get more buried.

Like, I'm sure it'll be good, but it's not like it's this hour long thing.

But you're right, 7 strong tracks is way better than like 30 track albums with only a handful of tracks that are actually good.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

A villain in your land, in his land a ruler

Grimey Drawer

The whole ep/album designation is dumb anyways since the original meaning had more to do with constraints of a physical medium.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

Marching Powder posted:

beast mode (28min)

huh. and i just found out beast mode 2 is en route. sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

alansmithee posted:

The whole ep/album designation is dumb anyways since the original meaning had more to do with constraints of a physical medium.

Absolutely.

«1015 »