Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

HMS Beagle posted:

Are we 100% sure that neither of those women is monkeu?

This is a fair point and one I had not considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I saw this last night and had to share it to my friends to spread the misery lmao. God it’s so bad

One of my best friends quote tweeted it in a manner that did not allude at all to how catastrophic it was. I stand in solidarity with your friends who never talk to you again.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

40 lbs to freedom posted:

mmmhm. can spot these lin manuel bars from outer space

My mind was blown when I actually listened to a bit of Hamilton for the first time last year. I went in expecting the corniest poo poo imaginable and it was somehow 1000x worse. Like my jaw hit the floor it was so bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My gf had it on Disney+ and I watched maybe ten mins before leaving, it is absolute loving poo poo.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

yeah LMM should be jailed for the "rap" in that musical

rest of it is standard musical, and credit where credit is due LMM can do good music imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

his songwriting in Moana was really good from what I remember

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

his songwriting in Moana was really good from what I remember

Yup, that's what I always think of too

Like, I'm glad I watched Hamilton the once, cause now I can actually say "yup, watched the whole thing, and LMM should be ashamed"

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Briefly dated a white girl who would play the Hamilton soundtrack in her Jeep on repeat. Emphasis on brief.

(I know "white girl" is a redundant statement)

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Vargatron posted:

Briefly dated a white girl who would play the Hamilton soundtrack in her Jeep on repeat. Emphasis on brief.

Not gonna lie, I'm going to cringe every time I hear a white woman rap, even if it's reciting lyrics of another rapper. It's loving cringe.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Yuzenn posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm going to cringe every time I hear a white woman rap, even if it's reciting lyrics of another rapper. It's loving cringe.

bruh I was in the car with NO ESCAPE listening to her spit bars. TERRIBLE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

yeah LMM should be jailed for the "rap" in that musical

rest of it is standard musical, and credit where credit is due LMM can do good music imo

no i will not give him any credit

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

no i will not give him any credit

fair enough, i mean whatever credit he has/will have is negated by <literally any Hamilton "rap">

Vargatron posted:

yeah i'm glad my partner doesn't do that and only sang one of the songs

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

sang one of the songs
:sever:

What if it was referred to as "mediocre wordplay over mediocre production for the purpose of forwarding a musical plot" as opposed to "Rap", would there be less problems with Hamilton existing?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jehde posted:

What if it was referred to as "mediocre wordplay over mediocre production for the purpose of forwarding a musical plot" as opposed to "Rap", would there be less problems with Hamilton existing?

er, i meant one of the musical songs, not any of the mediocre wordplays over mediocre production for the purpose of forwarding a musical plot(s)

but to answer your question, poo poo's poo poo even if it's called a rose

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jehde posted:

You can't separate them. The whole thing is based upon not just color shifting the founding fathers of the US into minorities, but in borrowing the cultural cache of rap/hip-hop.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Doesn't broadway in general like thrive on watering sown minority issues so ridiculously rich people can feel woke without having to do anything? See also: RENT

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

alansmithee posted:

You can't separate them. The whole thing is based upon not just color shifting the founding fathers of the US into minorities, but in borrowing the cultural cache of rap/hip-hop.

Yeah and I hate how "woke" white people LOVE the medium when it's watered down on a scale that they can not feel pearl clutchy about since it's the harmless broadway version of the RAP genre, but are the same people have NO loving YEEZY IN THEIR SERATO.

Like evvvverything else it smacks of taking credit for something not made by the culture, while also not contributing to the culture itself in any sort of positive way.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

it also just loving sucks,

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Yuzenn posted:

evvvverything else it smacks of taking credit for something not made by the culture, while also not contributing to the culture itself in any sort of positive way.
So...white people, then.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/lonemouth/status/1367345820803227648?s=20

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Yuzenn posted:

Yeah and I hate how "woke" white people LOVE the medium when it's watered down on a scale that they can not feel pearl clutchy about since it's the harmless broadway version of the RAP genre, but are the same people have NO loving YEEZY IN THEIR SERATO.

Like evvvverything else it smacks of taking credit for something not made by the culture, while also not contributing to the culture itself in any sort of positive way.

I wish they'd do a Broadway play featuring Three 6 Mafia tracks.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Vargatron posted:

I wish they'd do a Broadway play featuring Three 6 Mafia tracks.

You can see one of those any night you want

Just hit up your local strip club

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hahahah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jay Z just sold TIDAL to Jack Dorsey

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1367556397789974531

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Yuzenn posted:

You can see one of those any night you want

Just hit up your local strip club

loving lol

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Jay Z just sold TIDAL to Jack Dorsey
With the champagne sale, he’s most likely acquired about $400 million in cash in the last few weeks. I assume something big is about to be bought.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That should be enough to get him to passably attractive

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

This is me

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUVJaKJtBY

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitch.tv/djepik
If you need entertainment, DJ Epik is worth your time.

This guy looks like Jay-Z if he got that white makeup treatment Eddie Murphy got for that one SNL skit.

highme fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 5, 2021

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'll listen to that Drake eventually

but this Paak and Bruno loving slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Initial beat on "Wants + Needs" is pretty good; I kinda lose interest after his run-on bars though.

Lil' Baby verse good.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What I’m asking myself whenever drake comes on the playlist

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adLGHcj_fmA

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It always bugs me when someone who is obviously talented keeps making lame stuff, which was like the first 2 years of Bruno Mars’ career and then he was just like “nah I’m gonna make good music now” and then he did. Just The Way You Are was such trash and to go from that to making music like this is such an improvement

Anderson Paak steals the song though

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Hoping the eventual album that comes out of this is good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I absolutely loved 24 Carat Magic, the production was unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Skeezy posted:

Hoping the eventual album that comes out of this is good.

https://youtu.be/xA5hlB6bScc

Seems like we’re in good hands with this one