Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
A couple months old but this is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54SQl8X0EBk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Didn't know there was a surprise Your Old Droog album, will be checking shortly.

This track is so good tho
https://youtu.be/W447xVntL98

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

lmao at the CGI smoke that pops up like 3 times

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Johnny Truant posted:

lmao at the CGI smoke that pops up like 3 times

The CGI effects wave in rap vids is one of the funniest things about the last couple of years

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Lol at saying Oxnard is as good as Ventura because of antfan

Just listen to the dang album

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They're both boring as all gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Paak needs to work with way better producers and just leave dr Dre behind.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Paak needs Madlib.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bows1 posted:

Lol at saying Oxnard is as good as Ventura because of antfan

Just listen to the dang album
I never said that lol

I listened to the dang album, then watched Fantano's review and he mentioned that this was an album full of Oxnard leftovers. Goobusters said they were recorded at the same time, so that adds up.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I would love a new NxWorries album

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
can someone name a song that illustrates the ravages of the 'justice' system on poor communities even close to as well as that maxo song?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I would love a new NxWorries album

Hell yeah nxworries was real good

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
god the yeezy sunday service performance was so loving good. really nice to hear him go for broke and do a two hour set that sounds like Ultralight Beam

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

The CGI effects wave in rap vids is one of the funniest things about the last couple of years

I saw some movie about a dolphin with a friend, his wife, and one of her friends a few years back. It was poo poo, but at one point there are these loving CGI balloons and they were obviously CGI and I just want to know why they just couldn't get some loving balloons. It's all my friend and I could talk about after the movie. In this case, it's some loving smoke. Just do one of the million things that creates smoke for like $2.

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

Just found this dude and yeah he looks like a butterball but has a good voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2_mKA5pWg

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

fknlo posted:

I saw some movie about a dolphin with a friend, his wife, and one of her friends a few years back. It was poo poo, but at one point there are these loving CGI balloons and they were obviously CGI and I just want to know why they just couldn't get some loving balloons. It's all my friend and I could talk about after the movie. In this case, it's some loving smoke. Just do one of the million things that creates smoke for like $2.

Yeah man but then you have to stand in smoke and start coughing. Think about it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lil Dicky verse is really bad from his song Earth

quote:

I'm a man (Hello?)
Can you hear me? (Anyone out there? Hello?)
I've trudged the Earth for so drat long
And still don't know poo poo (What's going on?)
I hope it's not a simulation (Huh)
Give each other names like Ahmed and Pedro
And, yeah, we like to wear clothes, girls still look beautiful
And it covers up our human dick (Woo), eat a lot of tuna fish
But these days, it's like we don't know how to act
All these shootings, pollution, we under attack on ourselves
Like, let's all just chill (Hey), respect what we built (Hey)
Like look at the internet! It's cracking as hell
Fellas, don't you love to cum when you have sex? (Ayy)
And I heard women orgasms are better than a dick's (Uh)
So what we got this land for? What we gotta stand for?
Love, and we love the Earth (The Earth)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Lil Dicky verse is really bad from his song Earth
I don't always agree with Fantano, but he's kinda right here:

https://twitter.com/aidanchanko/status/1120189474183483392

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every Lil Dicky song is a travesty

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Kapzy posted:

Just found this dude and yeah he looks like a butterball but has a good voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2_mKA5pWg

I expected fat nick but this guy legit looks like an old cooked turkey

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I straight up hate lil dicky without any shame or reservation

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
macklemore sucks, where are my million youtube bucks?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yeah I never got the hype

Like his song about the one night stand or whatever the gently caress was like, worth a single chuckle but it was also just embarrassing so

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

HorseRenoir posted:

god the yeezy sunday service performance was so loving good. really nice to hear him go for broke and do a two hour set that sounds like Ultralight Beam

were you there in person?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I hate 99% of his work but I kind of respect Dicky’s strategy.

Leaning into the corny middle class white rapper schtick who appeals to some white festival goers is the only way his career was going to work. He’s a rich kid who did business/accounting. Like, he can’t pull off an Eminem or Yelawolf identity.

He also has more technical rapping abilities than you’d initially think.

But good lord what he makes is cringe level bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
New Danny brown when???? Inject directly into my veins

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

New Danny brown when???? Inject directly into my veins

Did you hear the album he played on Twitch? unreal

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

bows1 posted:

were you there in person?

No, but it was streamed by Coachella and the bootlegs are floating around. It's definitely worth tracking down

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

He new song water contains possibly the laziest sample of his career, off an album comp of a guy who basically mailed sed album to him with a note that said “I think you’d like this :) ps also I sent this to Radiohead man good luck”

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

Robert Analog posted:

I expected fat nick but this guy legit looks like an old cooked turkey

I wish he made more songs so i could see what his range was. A lot of people say he should replace Juice Wrld which i'm okay with cause his latest music isn't that great.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
that new Droog is good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I thought the sunday service thing was pretty loving bad tbh, just felt so aimless. All style and so substance

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did you hear the album he played on Twitch? unreal

really good. dunno if its still downloadable anywhere but its an amazing set of loosies.

btw i knew i liked suicideboys from listening to singles here and there but over the past few days ive been going more seriously over the catalog by albums. anyone have a couple favorites? maybe a greatest hits playlist they like or something? i want to die in new orleans has been my favorite so far.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

40 lbs to freedom posted:

really good. dunno if its still downloadable anywhere but its an amazing set of loosies.

btw i knew i liked suicideboys from listening to singles here and there but over the past few days ive been going more seriously over the catalog by albums. anyone have a couple favorites? maybe a greatest hits playlist they like or something? i want to die in new orleans has been my favorite so far.

I really enjoyed the mixtape they produced for juicy j

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

like this track loving owns so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOlVSngnC-o

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
This is a pretty good playlist, I'd add O! Pana and Paris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhFm7MFtkVg

Eternal grey and my heart will handle what my liver can't were both good, I agree I want to die in New Orleans is the best thing they've done though. A lot of their releases are like 3 songs and they released them in big chunks like Kill Yourself 10-15 at once, kinda weird.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

I’ve been getting into “I Want to Die in New Orleans” as it seems like a point they’ve been working to in their sound.

RE: Lil’ Dicky, that first run of his up until the song with Fetty Wap had some catchy stuff, albeit corny. But that goddamn 10 minute Brain song? Who the gently caress do you think you are? Or maybe that’s just the video. I got like 20 seconds in and was done. His career is on life support probably, he had to cancel a tour last fall. Like, just do a song saying that Xanax is dumb or something and have it be funny.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

40 lbs to freedom posted:

High Tide in the Snakes Nest is really good throughout. There's a goofy feature from Slug Christ on there, but pretty much every track is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKFbK9DFTy4

My Liver Will Handle What My Heart Can't is also a good cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrapRH0DSbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/boyboywestcoast/status/1117250644669128704?s=21

this is giving me Thot Breaker vibes, I'm all in on the boyboy