Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

Yeah same here too. Thugger was the first one that this happened to me for and now it's like every rapper I get into I start out thinking they are an absolute joke and then I can't get them out of my head and next thing I know I'm hooked.

except blueface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

15 songs, 44 mins :worship:

Let's gooooo

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Just gave it two spins back-to-back, diggin' it!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
bold of metro to save his tag all the way to the end of the first real track

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rich Nigga poo poo is song of the year. The beat. Thug's verse. Amazing

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i think this is a good album but i absolutely cannot pay attention to 21 savage for more than 30 seconds before losing interest, and i feel like that would be true even if there were not other things to focus on rn

rare to say this but thing needed more features

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Savage Mode 2 is everything I wanted it to be. Goddamn

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

twennyone

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Savage Mode II living up the album art pretty loving well.

Some of the tracks have some nuts bass that made me pull my headphones apart to blow out a hair that was rattling.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

how are y'all listening to SM2? my cursory search on YT Music didn't turn it up, not surprising since it's an absolute dogshit streaming platform

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It had a big banner ad when I opened spotify. Also it's good

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

It had a big banner ad when I opened spotify. Also it's good

dig, thanks. i'm gonna make the transition to spotify soon, squeezing every penny i can out of google atm

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xap5pwqFACI

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

dig, thanks. i'm gonna make the transition to spotify soon, squeezing every penny i can out of google atm

Tidal and new releases kind of make me consider switching too. It can take a while for new albums to show up in the windows desktop player. I was able to listen to a few songs in the web browser version before I went to bed last night at least.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fknlo posted:

Tidal and new releases kind of make me consider switching too. It can take a while for new albums to show up in the windows desktop player. I was able to listen to a few songs in the web browser version before I went to bed last night at least.

this is the second time somebody's mentioned Tidal as an alternative to spotify, i'll have to check it out. 30 free days for just signing up, fuckit why not!

never not gonna be salty at google for taking down Google Music and replacing it with another drastically inferior product. why won't they loving learnnnnnnnnnn

anyway i listened to Savage Mode since i couldn't find 2 and can confirm it still slaps just as hard as when it first came out

edit: drat yeah Tidal has SM2 right there on the about page, that's pretty fuckin :discourse:

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 2, 2020

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Johnny Truant posted:

how are y'all listening to SM2? my cursory search on YT Music didn't turn it up, not surprising since it's an absolute dogshit streaming platform

i used to use google music and one of the reasons i switched at the time was that they always took forever to put up new projects on release day

i really don't regret switching to spotify tho

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crumbletron posted:

i used to use google music and one of the reasons i switched at the time was that they always took forever to put up new projects on release day

i really don't regret switching to spotify tho

word. i honestly really liked Google Music, but they're shutting it down by the end of this month(i think) and replacing it with YT Music, which for real has the absolute worst user interface i've dealt with on almost any device/program/whatever the gently caress. it's absolute trash, i'm so fuckin pissed, lol

think i'm gonna try Tidal for the free 30 days, if i really dig it i'll stick with it but if not i can hop on my partner's school Spotify account, at least until she graduates and loses her .edu address(but probably gets another at her next job)

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I liked that you could upload poo poo and listen to it everywhere and miss that feature sometimes but oh well

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crumbletron posted:

I liked that you could upload poo poo and listen to it everywhere and miss that feature sometimes but oh well

yup, that's why i first got on it, uploaded a bunch of random poo poo i had back in the day. i don't much use that feature anymore but when you want it and it's not there it's infuriating

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztqwYHAGEQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIPOwzESAwY

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
pussy

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wUiqLMG7mk

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Song of the year

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
New Westside Gunn for all the Grizelda fans.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQFLn45emZu0A1OE6DK56GlBk0aIyRVsJ

Slick Rick is holding up well for an old man
https://youtu.be/h5AwIMNiOWs

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQiYMDO4eQ

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAJ1_nZv3U

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I have no idea what to think of this.

This on the other hand is great. Lotta good music coming from the UK scene for sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

alansmithee posted:

I have no idea what to think of this.

It's Lupe messing around with making modern music, like he does from time to time between his major projects.

It's just him having fun.

I actually kinda like Apologetic

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
It's kind of fun seeing Lupe throw out modern style tracks at random. Even back to his "Japanese Cartoon" punk rock project, he's had more of a playful attitude towards music than his usually very conscious content would suggest.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
drat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkqDEQJ1jM

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

this has the same sample as Trauma by Meek, threw me for a loop for a sec. probably my favourite after stompin and RNS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Love savage mode 2, easily one of my favourite hip hop albums this year

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I’m so excited to see year end lists this year since I’ve seen the words “album of the year” so many times. This is a really nice year for rap.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I feel like this has been a year with a ton of very good albums but nothing that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Like last year for me was Igor, then Bandana, and then a huge gap before anything else.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

It's Lupe messing around with making modern music, like he does from time to time between his major projects.

It's just him having fun.

I actually kinda like Apologetic

Oh I know but it's always funny to me hearing stuff like this from him because I can never tell how "serious" he is, like is he mocking that style? Showing how easy it is? Because no matter what it's still rappity-rapping Lupe. Like there's just something about his style that he can't ever change.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

First line will be the newest metro tag

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

alansmithee posted:

This on the other hand is great. Lotta good music coming from the UK scene for sure.

never thought i'd see this sentence here, but i've been listening to uk rap like 90% of this year so i'm with it.

enjoying savage mode 2.

err
Apr 11, 2005

err
Apr 11, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

never thought i'd see this sentence here, but i've been listening to uk rap like 90% of this year so i'm with it.

who are your favorite drill groups?

i like bside, tpl, block6, 7th.

so many good groups

30 is best driller outside of jail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlgcflLVTg8

err fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’ve barely listened to any rap this year which is definitely my fault. I should listen to some of this Griselda related stuff and at least one of Boldy James’ albums instead of just looking up what death metal I haven’t listened to every time a week goes by without one of my favorite artists releasing something.