Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

"NO ONE LIKES YOUNG THUGS MUSIC"

*has 200m views between 2 songs, must be an internet thing though*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eh what are those views on ? The Internet. Check mate nerds.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lol imagine being homophobic

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Eh what are those views on ? The Internet. Check mate nerds.

oh gently caress

tbh this is pretty special because i don't know that I've ever seen someone be accused of being a bigot only to respond by doubling down on their bigotry.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBX posted:

. This whole metrosexual thing in hip hop and the young generation is an actual problem.

How exactly ?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

gay rap

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

homosexuals can't reproduce. young thug is the beginning of the end for humanity. it was a nice run but this queer rapper is going to bring down the whole house

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

thug seriously appropriates dl culture

the black iggy azalia

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The gays are giving women STDs because they're on the DL for reasons totally unrelated to homophobia!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
drat that's some hardcore batman poo poo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i gotta say though while i enjoy some of his poo poo i kinda assume the thread response to him as genius is partly tongue in cheek?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

PYF songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUZlzd37sI

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

if you happen to dig thugger this is fire, gently caress

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeKQCT-ke5I

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

anything by young thug really, take your pick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine caring so much about where young thug puts his dick that you couldn't appreciate this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etfIdtm-OC8

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

going to beat up my gay friend to this, thank you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*off

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

imagine caring so much about where young thug puts his dick that you couldn't appreciate this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etfIdtm-OC8

this but for birdman

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

lmfao. long live the rap thread (except for the lovely posters, may they not live long)

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

RBX posted:

I can ask any normal dude outside now,ask any woman or man on Facebook all will agree this young thug poo poo is old now. This whole metrosexual thing in hip hop and the young generation is an actual problem. Women are even speaking out of about it. But the thread likes him and loving imposter hip hop sites market him so I'm wrong tho! Everything he says is ignorant, he stands for nothing, his interviews are terrible, and doesn't give a gently caress about anything unlike a Gucci, jeezy, or Gates.

Yes I care about somebody trying to make loving men cute and cool in music and wearing leggings and dresses. Everyday on Facebook a new local thug dude gets exposed for being down low. Dudes with 3 babymamas getting screenshoted asking men for head and spreading stds to innocent women. poo poo is really happening. This is too real to talk about here, my bad.

Smoking pensis

chill out and smoke a penis bruh

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I know you dont like my opinions but i like yours -

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

perhaps you only hear people taking him seriously "on the internet" because you have surrounded yourself with equally bigoted pieces of poo poo who should never be taken seriously in any regard. just a thought.

:owned:

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol imagine being homophobic

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Most rappers are black and talk about an experience mostly reserved for black men. Black people are self-aware and critical enough to know that the only or lasting image of black people is in the media. Unfairly, black entertainers have to represent all black people and not just themselves. So, it makes black people uptight when an artist doesn't present the image we desire or feel is authentic. Someone like thugga could become popular and the greater society isn't going to look at him as the the rule, instead of as the exception. There is also the down-low phenomenom. In thugga's case, he says he's straight but he refers to his friends as lovers and hubbies. He models and wears gender defying clothes. He comes of as sexually confused. Down-low is a messy discussion and I won't bother .

I know a lot of people are white and you only understand the music but it is of bigger significance to black people. I wish someone like thugga didn't matter but he does.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
guys

absolutely nothing that young thug does should ever be confused with down-low culture

the entire point of down-low is being closeted to the point where nobody knows that you're gay or bi. how the hell is this such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
gee, don't want to let the world know that I'm secretly gay

**tweets about smoking penises**

whoops!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

well he's also retarded

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

well he's also retarded

*functionally

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
I have some lord jamar interviews you guys might be interested in

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

RBX posted:

I can ask any normal dude outside now,ask any woman or man on Facebook all will agree this young thug poo poo is old now. This whole metrosexual thing in hip hop and the young generation is an actual problem. Women are even speaking out of about it. But the thread likes him and loving imposter hip hop sites market him so I'm wrong tho! Everything he says is ignorant, he stands for nothing, his interviews are terrible, and doesn't give a gently caress about anything unlike a Gucci, jeezy, or Gates.

Yes I care about somebody trying to make loving men cute and cool in music and wearing leggings and dresses. Everyday on Facebook a new local thug dude gets exposed for being down low. Dudes with 3 babymamas getting screenshoted asking men for head and spreading stds to innocent women. poo poo is really happening. This is too real to talk about here, my bad.

Smoking pensis

rofl, fyi just want you to know you are actually a loving homophobic retard

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

temple posted:

Most rappers are black and talk about an experience mostly reserved for black men. Black people are self-aware and critical enough to know that the only or lasting image of black people is in the media. Unfairly, black entertainers have to represent all black people and not just themselves. So, it makes black people uptight when an artist doesn't present the image we desire or feel is authentic. Someone like thugga could become popular and the greater society isn't going to look at him as the the rule, instead of as the exception. There is also the down-low phenomenom. In thugga's case, he says he's straight but he refers to his friends as lovers and hubbies. He models and wears gender defying clothes. He comes of as sexually confused. Down-low is a messy discussion and I won't bother .

I know a lot of people are white and you only understand the music but it is of bigger significance to black people. I wish someone like thugga didn't matter but he does.

yo intentionally presenting ambiguously sexual is not exactly a new, or unique to any race thing

thug just wants to gently caress your mind and your girl, pretty much

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
someone pls get young thug to dress up as david bowie next halloween

or actually next week works for me too. and every week after that

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hahahaha jk jk, thug has way better style than bowie ever did so nvrmind

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
remember when people thought 3 stacks was gay :allears:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

yo intentionally presenting ambiguously sexual is not exactly a new, or unique to any race thing

thug just wants to gently caress your mind and your girl, pretty much
Its different and you are being naive or ignorant to the distorted view of black sexuality in white media. Even someone like Prince did everything with a wink and nod and never downplayed the controversy of his presentation. Thug treats kissing men in the mouth and calling them his lovers as normal while also claiming to be straight. I and others think he is exploiting his gender/sexual prerogatives for attention by not being honest.

edit:
I think all people want from thugga is for him to say "I'm different. I'm doing weird poo poo". Nobody cares if he is straight or gay but he doing non straight stuff while claiming to be. For a lot of black children, atheletes and entertainers are the only positive role models they see in media and maybe at all. It is different for other groups. There was research done in the past that pointed out that black children watched more television than their peers. The issue is different for black people and that's why thugga is a sore spot. If he wants to be whatever, people don't care. They just want him to explain it so we know how to take it. Because he is not in any way reflective of straight black men.

temple fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 27, 2015

plogo
Jan 20, 2009
Good thing house only half caught on with white people in the 90s I guess. Blacks would have been permanently ruined.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

temple posted:

Its different and you are being naive or ignorant to the distorted view of black sexuality in white media. Even someone like Prince did everything with a wink and nod and never downplayed the controversy of his presentation. Thug treats kissing men in the mouth and calling them his lovers as normal while also claiming to be straight. I and others think he is exploiting his gender/sexual prerogatives for attention by not being honest.

You are legit thinking too hard about something that shouldn't be thought about that hard. An ambigulously sexual popstar! No way!

Also it's not ~~**white**~~ media, its MEDIA. Your media is my media bro, hate to break that postracial (lol) news.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

temple posted:

edit:
I think all people want from thugga is for him to say "I'm different. I'm doing weird poo poo". Nobody cares if he is straight or gay but he doing non straight stuff while claiming to be. For a lot of black children, atheletes and entertainers are the only positive role models they see in media and maybe at all. It is different for other groups. There was research done in the past that pointed out that black children watched more television than their peers. The issue is different for black people and that's why thugga is a sore spot. If he wants to be whatever, people don't care. They just want him to explain it so we know how to take it. Because he is not in any way reflective of straight black men.

I agree in that media impacts different people differently. Young thug is just being weird, and it's really dumb to not be able to handle it unless he comes out with a disclaimer 'yo i'm just being weird', because, yo, he's just being weird. Like, that's not really hard to figure out, and I think it's pretty ridiculous to think he scarring tons of black children by not coming with an explcit disclaimer.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

The gays on TV corrupting our children is like some 1960s old white woman poo poo :lol:

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
This isn't really what anyone is talking about but I would be uncomfortable listening to a gay rapper explicitly rap about sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

temple posted:

edit:
I think all people want from thugga is for him to say "I'm different. I'm doing weird poo poo".

no, actually what I really want is for him to say "I'm gay"