Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
E-40!
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOHHHhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gotta say, the new Schoolboy Q is one of the best hip hop albums in years. feels like a proper project instead of a bunch of loosies cobbler together

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

gotta say, the new Schoolboy Q is one of the best hip hop albums in years. feels like a proper project instead of a bunch of loosies cobbler together
One of my favorite albums of the year so far

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

agreed. ive been listening to it a lot since it came out. i think ohio might be my favorite track ?? i love songs like that which evolve across multiple parts

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thathonkey posted:

i love songs like that which evolve across multiple parts

I love that poo poo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's really good

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i didnt love the future boomin album generally but the beat switch on everyday hustle is just insanely fire

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_gnfu2Sfw

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just snagged tickets for the danny brown show here in a couple weeks. never seen him before should be dope

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He’s great live.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

thathonkey posted:

just snagged tickets for the danny brown show here in a couple weeks. never seen him before should be dope

He’s in good form this go-round. Sober. Doing full songs instead of just a chorus and hook and then on to the next one. Not a lot of early stuff. We got Monopoly but no I Will or Blunt after Blunt. But overall a good mix of his career. Surprising number of tracks from Old.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Danny live on the Atrocity Exhibition tour and that poo poo was incredible

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
saw him a few times, one time helped him off the roof of the UNIQLO van when he did a surprise street show in the middle of gansevoort plaza

whoscookinbacon
Apr 4, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

One of my favorite albums of the year so far

Yeah, it's leaps and bounds over CrasH Talk and I fail to see much hip-hop that can be much be--

*notices new Roc Marciano album came out*

errrr, nvm

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Boywhiz88 posted:

2 HEADS CAME DOWN CALL EM JEFF AND MATT HARDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSM4fb5oHgQ

TOO MUCH PAIN IN THIS poo poo
HAD TO GET UP SHAKE IT OFF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWCN7dppBBw

50 ON 6 lil **** NOT 9!
that's YO BITCH **** NOT MINE!

i can't believe but AyooLii's Mindstate of Luxury is actually a decent to good album. It's fairly cohesive, even if it might be a bunch of loosies.

gently caress it more MKE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcqwcLqdFf0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm7WXA8KVtc

still waiting for trapper to bore me but he keeps going

edit 2: just found out Certified is w/ BLP Kosher on some stops. Let's go

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 2, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chance is getting divorced..,.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://youtu.be/TQcGnEhciNY?si=FzmLgpD0udkJbMqT

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

26 seconds ended a whole career

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
[chance voice] ne-ne-ne-ne-nah-nah AAAAAAAAA

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

praise jesus god and my ex wife

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Looks like a perfect time for ultralight beam part 2 ft. Chance

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Looks like a perfect time for ultralight beam part 2 ft. Chance

we on a ex-wifey beam
we on a ex-wifey beam
this is alimony
this is alimony
this is not matrimony

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

whoscookinbacon posted:

Yeah, it's leaps and bounds over CrasH Talk and I fail to see much hip-hop that can be much be--

*notices new Roc Marciano album came out*

errrr, nvm

Woke up with the beat to Gold Crossbow looping in my head. Have only made it halfway through the album so far but it’s top quality Roc Marci so far, quickly becoming one of my favorite artists after having slept on him for wayyy too long

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Rooney McNibnug posted:

we on a ex-wifey beam

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Rooney McNibnug posted:

we on a ex-wifey beam
we on a ex-wifey beam
this is alimony
this is alimony
this is not matrimony

We don't want no devils in the house, God (Yes, Lord)
We want the lord (Yes, Jesus)
And that's it (Yes, God)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rooney McNibnug posted:

we on a ex-wifey beam
we on a ex-wifey beam
this is alimony
this is alimony
this is not matrimony

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Rooney McNibnug posted:

we on a ex-wifey beam
we on a ex-wifey beam
this is alimony
this is alimony
this is not matrimony

lmao

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rooney McNibnug posted:

we on a ex-wifey beam
we on a ex-wifey beam
this is alimony
this is alimony
this is not matrimony

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

my wife look like Sia you can’t see her

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sprinted to the thread knocking over multiple vases to get out a post when I see that the perfect one has already been made

Gonna be honest as soon as i read the news immediately started thinking “ooh i hate my wife, I hate my wife AGH”

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Ya'll remember those few years between 'Back Down' and 'Truth' when this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3fnTbF-rfY counted as a harsh diss track?

Don't get me wrong. Like the song. I'm just wondering what brought it one and why it went away.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGa1o7WHEV0

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Crossposting from the Jazz thread because I feel like whether you liked Andre 3000's New Blue Sun or not, you'll appreciate his flute work in this song

Rageaholic posted:

Two GOATs working together to create incredible music. You love to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxMolO9CEaU

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 4, 2024

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Spotify got rid of their New Release page? There used to be a page where it would list a lot of new releases that week across a bunch of genres. The only thing I can find that is similar, is what looks to be, artists that I already listen to, or similar. Why in the world would they get rid of it?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Spotify got rid of their New Release page? There used to be a page where it would list a lot of new releases that week across a bunch of genres. The only thing I can find that is similar, is what looks to be, artists that I already listen to, or similar. Why in the world would they get rid of it?

Are you talking about the New Music Friday thing? You have to search and then hit the New Releases button.

I'm guessing what you're hitting is What's New which is another thing entirely and only shows stuff you follow already. It's stupid, the new releases page looks worse now too.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Are you talking about the New Music Friday thing? You have to search and then hit the New Releases button.

I'm guessing what you're hitting is What's New which is another thing entirely and only shows stuff you follow already. It's stupid, the new releases page looks worse now too.

This is what I see. New Music Friday and Release Radar are just playlists. I can scroll to the left and right on hand-picked new releases. Is that the new way to look at new releases?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

obi_ant posted:

This is what I see. New Music Friday and Release Radar are just playlists. I can scroll to the left and right on hand-picked new releases. Is that the new way to look at new releases?

Oh yeah that’s how it is now. It absolutely loving sucks, which is wild because it used to be fine, it worked great before!!

Now I just end up using something like Music Harbor to show me new releases.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 4, 2024

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
spotify has sucked for finding new stuff for at least a few years now. my discover weekly playlist and stuff like that used to be worth checking out. now they have garbage like the AI dj. gently caress off

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Apple Music users stay winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yeah Apple Music is just miles better than Spotify in every way.