Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxOLZVIRBM4

So here's a new Wu-Tang song off "A Better Tomorrow" (which allegedly comes out in November)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mO2VcJAkOw

Rustie - Attak ft Danny Brown

Here's the video for that Rustie thing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

We don't deserve Gucci :magical:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Special Herbs is up on Spotify if that's your thing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

This poo poo is real as gently caress and on sale for $20 http://store.dipsetusa.com/item/29076

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Time for Sorry for the Wait pt 2

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

T-Pain did a "Tiny Desk Concert" with NPR and the catch was that he couldn't use auto-tune or anything like that. Surprisingly dude isn't a bad singer at all, I never thought I'd say that.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/359661053/t-pain-tiny-desk-concert

e. I don't know if he's done tracks or stuff without autotune so this is the first time I hear him w/o it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I just didn't expect him to have that good of a singing voice. His reason for using auto-tune was to "do something different" not so much "I can't sing".

Honestly now I want an album of him singing naturally. I wasn't expecting it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ahahaha Mazinger?

lol at his album being called Tetsuo & Youth though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Black Messiah comes out at midnight tonight.

pitchfork.com/news/57841-dangelo-details-new-album-black-messiah-explains-title/

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Black Messiah is out now. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/black-messiah/id950764300

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

lol

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 15, 2014

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

keevo posted:

Can someone give me the run down on D'Angelo?

He makes really good soulful tunes and he disappeared for 14 years after his album Voodoo came out in 2000.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

quote:

2 ALBUMS DROPPiNG ON THE SAME DAY JUNE 1ST 2015
THE PEACH PANTHER & THE PURPLE PANTHER ARE 2 TOTALLY DiFFERENT ALBUMS PEACH PANTHER WiLL BE A NEON RAP ALBUM WiTH RiFF RAFF ON THE HOOKS & NO FEATURES EXCEPT FOR JODY HUSKY & THE PURPLE PANTHER ALBUM WiLL BE THE NEW NEON ROCK ALBUM WiTH ALL LiVE iNSTRUMENTS & FEATURiNG MY NEW NEON DRUMMER WHO WiLL BE COLOR CO-ORDiNATED iN WHiTE & NEON AND HAVE WHiTE HAiR WiTH NEON GREEN HiGHLiGHTS & MY ELECTRiC GUiTAR PLAYER WiLL HAVE ALL BLACK ON WiTH BLACK HAiR & AQUA HiGHLiGHTS & CANDY AQUABERRY GUiTAR AND SHE LOOKS LiKE A HOT TOPiC COMMERCiAL WiTH BLACK AND NEON NAiLS & CRANKiNG TUNES FROM THE UNDERWORLD THEY ARE BOTH SUPER SKiLLED ARTiST WHO ARE ABOUT MUSiC AND BEiNG LEGENDS AND NOT STRUNG OUT ON DRUGS BECUZ i CANT HAVE MY BAND BEiNG SiCK ON ME BECUZ WE HAVE WORLDWiDE SHOWS FOR THE NEXT 40 YEARS THiS WiLL BE THE BEGiNNiNG OF THE NEON ROCK ERA AND THE JODY HiGHROLLERS NEON ROCK CAREER ERA AS THE PURPLE PANTHER ALBUM WiLL BE MY 1ST ROCK ALBUM AND DEBUT ALBUM AS WELL AND THE STAGE iS NEON BUT SPLiT iN TWO WiTH THE WHiTE HAiR NEON BRiGHT DRUMMER SiDE AND THE DARKER GLOOMY NEON SiDE WiTH MY GUiTAR PLAYER AS i WiLL TRANSCEND BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN NEON GOOD AND NEON NOT SO NiCE ON THE OTHER SiDE BUT THiS NEON ROCK MUSiC THAT i MAKE WiLL SHOW MY STRENGTH AS A SOLO ARTiST AND MY SHOW WiLL BE 2 SHOWS iN ONE AS i WiLL STiLL DO EDM DOLCE & GABBANA OR MY CLASSiCS LiKE CUZ MY GEAR & TiP TOE WiNG iN MY JAWWDiNZ BUT iTS TiME FOR ME TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND BECOME WHO i ALWAYS KNEW i WOULD BE AND WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HOPED i WOULDNT BE BUT i AM NO WHERE NEAR STARTED YET SO THE PEACH PANTHER ALBUM & THE PURPLE PANTHER ALBUM WiLL DROP THE SAME DAY AND 2 SHiRTS AND MATCHiNG JODY JACUZZi SWiM TRUNKS WiTH MATCHiNG SANDALS WiLL ALSO DROP THAT DAY ON JODYHiGHROLLER.COM THE BEST MERCH STORE ON THE PLANET THAT THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN i ALSO HAVE NEW NEON PEACH JODY HiGHROLLER HiGH END LOW CUT ZiPPER ON THE SiDE FASHiON BOOTS ON THE WAY ALSO THAT WiLL RANGE FROM $1000 TO $4000 SUPER HiGH QUALiTY SO STAY TUNED AND JODY HUSKY WiLL STAY HOWLiNG AT THE MOON OWWWW OWWWWWWWW OWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo5Xcw7Lqr4

Not so great quality trailer for the N.W.A movie, Straight Outta Compton. I guess Ice Cube played it at a show or something.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kanye is happy now :)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

He's singing in the perspective of his mom which is adorable.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

anyone got a mirror for this poo poo it's gonnnne

Kanyewest.com

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wayne is finally suing Birdman for 8 million. http://pitchfork.com/news/58204-lil-wayne-to-sue-birdman-for-8-million/

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Robert Analog posted:

A friend of mine saw him in Knoxville a couple months ago, said it was awful. He's gotten swole though and maybe his pro wrestling career will take off soon.

Maybe he shows up at the Royal Rumble tonight???

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here's a thing Kanye just tweeted.

Name for the album? New song? Who knows????

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

How is Suge still alive at this point.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So Missy is gonna show up at the Super Bowl half time show. http://pitchfork.com/news/58276-missy-elliott-to-join-katy-perry-at-super-bowl-halftime-show/

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Honestly thought this was going to be some small indie picture or something. I'm guessing it's getting a full release everywhere? Looks good.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So there's finally a release date, April 28th. Single drops on Monday.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Robert Analog posted:

When was it supposed to come out?

Next week.

Spotify has it up now btw

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

loving lol at the Tupac conversation.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

TPaB is pretty good, but I still haven't sat down to listen to it properly. The only "issue" I have with it personally is that it doesn't seem like the kind of album that I'd skip tracks on. Feels like I have to hear the entire thing every time to get the full scope of what is going on.

Aside from that it's alright.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wonder if it would have worked better as a 2 disc album. One is the more spoken word poem stuff and the other the harder, rap bits? No idea if that's a good idea or not though, probably not.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Someone just explained the Lucy poo poo Kendrick does on the album to me.

I'm not really paying attention to the album at work but smh.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey, I love the song "u". I hope "u" all are having a great time listening to rap, hip hop, and everything in between.

"i" am having a good time listening to this album

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

You ain't gotta lie (Momma said)

Alright

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kendrick should go all the way and just be Tupac in his next album.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

What's with the voice Kendrick pulls on Free lol.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Someone read that in one of Kendrick's stupid voices and upload it somewhere.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

Again I understand if they like his music but how does anyone write those Kendrick as cultural savior articles 100% seriously

To bring it around, is the dude who wrote the article white?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

He gets so caught up in his SIX this and SIX that theme in the worst way possible it gets pretty old quick....and this is a guy no one believes is hard so it amplifies the eyerollability 1000x. Otherwise it's good background chill music, and the ladies love it.

And he is essentially an R&B artist that raps on occasion, so you have pretty accurately depicted him.

Isn't "The Six" or whatever Toronto? Like who calls it that?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

According to some MTV interview Kendrick did the original title for TPaB was "Tu Pimp a Caterpillar"

quote:

That was the original name and they caught it because the abbreviation was Tupac, Tu-P-A-C. ... Me changing it to Butterfly, I just really wanted to show the brightness of life and the word "pimp" has so much aggression, and that represents several things. For me, it represents using my celebrity for good. Another reason is, not being pimped by the industry through my celebrity.

loving lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Didn't Jay-Z say in some interview about TIDAL some poo poo like "water is free" or something? I don't think he knows about the cost of things anymore and that's funny as hell.