Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

So Nas is coming to my city to perform The Illmatic in full. Every instinct is telling me that it's a cynical way to gouge big money off backpackers and the entry-level crowd, but what are the odds that this is actually worth paying $100 for?

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/nas-...01&minorcatid=3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Khagan posted:

Too bad you don't get to see this.

I will be attending the Sydney show. I heard Joey's set wasn't so good last time he came out with UA.

Yeah I'm jealous as hell about this. Thinking about it I'll give Nas a shot if I can afford it.

In other news, Denzel Curry just released a well-timed music video for "Zone 3", from last year's Nostalgic 64. It's such an interesting collider of 2010s rap video trends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQBBLRCQV0w

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Every year has a "I don't usually listen to rap but I like this" crossover album. Be thankful that its an excellent album this time around and not another "The Heist".

I can't be hosed making a list but this is still my favourite song of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5doWnV00I

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Is there a gold standard of grime compilations out there, like the Tempa Dubstep Allstars volumes or Hyperdub compilations?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Ho ho ho, Merry motherfucking Chrizzmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6kanfHa4-k

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

you guys missed this gem from the XXL interview

Proof that getting a Jewish lawyer doesn't mean you'll end up with a good one. Put some glasses on him and he's Frank Reynolds; Attorney At Law.

goodog fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 29, 2014

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

jimmy got the stiffy uhh
wheelchair on 30s uhh

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Ornithology posted:

No clue who that Disney guy is but he's terrible. Why is Gucci on this

Gucci did an entire album with V-Nasty. Guest features pay the bills. Gucci's fee on this was apparently $250k, which is good money for a day of shooting and a verse that probably took 20 mins to write and record.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Blue passport, though...

Seriously though, is it confirmed that he came to the US from England? When I first saw this last night, some articles were saying it was Dominica, which gained independence from Britain in the 70s, but is in the commonwealth. I've also read that that's where one/both of his parents were from.

The Mail have published his supposed birth cert stating that he was born in London, but that's not to say he grew up there or that it's legit, as the Mail is trash.

Yeah I as soon as I heard the story I assumed at least one of his parents had UK citizenship or residency through being born on a Commonwealth island in the Caribbean. Are Americans going to be blown away finding out that Jamaica and a bunch of other Caribbean islands play cricket, have teatime and are still ruled by the Queen?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

In other matters of life and death, YNM Melly could get the death penalty and Bun B shot a guy who held his wife at gunpoint and tried to rob their house.

Luckily for Melly, Florida now requires a unanimous jury decision for executions and juries seem reluctant to grant them. Its hosed up to murder two of your friends and then drive their bodies around in your car for an hour to cover your tracks, but so is sending a teenager to death row. He's definitely getting life without parole though.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Bun B just confirmed that Bushwick Bill has passed away, RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

This whole saga is gonna end with Kanye getting fleeced by a megachurch, or starting his own one.

Kanye West "very interested" in spending time with Joel Olsteen